• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN - New GTA : San Andreas screenshots

grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20040730111418436.jpg

grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20040730111419405.jpg

grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20040730111419093.jpg

grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20040730111415515.jpg

grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20040730111415249.jpg

http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/611/611957/imgs_1.html

calder

With every new pic or announced feature, I die a little inside. Nothing agonizes me like feverish anticipation for something that seems like it'll be released soon but is still weeks away. :\

kevm3

All of the little things you can do in this game make it seem like one hell of a game. You can go shirtless, get fat, get muscular, wear your hoody on or keep it off... I wonder if you can choose your own cap to wear. All of these little touches will be great.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Gamespot says Monday, Oct 18th. But I guess most stores will get it on 19th. I thought the game was gonna be released on Oct 2X like the other ones

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
With this much character customization (very very cool) I want to be able to choose the way the character will initially look. My dreams of Steve Urkel ruling the western US must be realized at some point.

Is anyone else hoping that they don't release any San Fiero(?) or Las Venturas pics before release? I'm gonna try to keep myself ignorant of them until I see them ingame for myself. So can I ask that if anyone posts pics of them, if they release any, that they clearly label the thread.

And I've been replaying VC again. I finally did that f-ing ambulance. That's haunted me for 2 and a half years but I licked it, real good.

Li Mu Bai

Banned
TekunoRobby said:
With this much character customization (very very cool) I want to be able to choose the way the character will initially look. My dreams of Steve Urkel ruling the western US must be realized at some point.

LOL.

DCX

DCX
I must admit...i'm impressed :) I'm actually getting hyped for this game...god please let there be no huge glitch that will incite massive riots when the game is released.

DCX

kevm3

Those gym pics and especially the pic of him on the cycle is fricking sweet. This is the first game I'm genuinely looking forward to in a long long while.

Alex

Can't wait. Gotta have one save for skinny Carl, and one for fat Carl.

Fat, shirtless guy on a bike becomming the scourge of SA = priceless.

I'm actually surprised at just how deep the training aspect of the game is. Instead of just having simple combos like in the previous GTA's by going to the gyms in each city you'll be able to learn completely new fighting styles (boxing, martial arts and straight out street fighting). It makes the whole keeping in shape aspect of the game seem alot more interesting than before.interesting. I was worried about it getting in the way of how pick up and play the game has been but it seems like a good aspect.

hobbitx

God this game is looking better and better with each new set of pics. I can't wait to play one game as an agile, fighting efficient thug, and another as a fat, sloppy Kingpin, who barely gets the job done.

Gattsu25

Banned
Gamespot.com said:
If the driver of your preferred vehicle won't leave, you can convince him or her to do so via kicks, punches, pistol-whips, or simple bashes of the head against the dashboard of the car--

wow...now doing a google image search for 'happy' isn't work safe? ; ;

andthebeatgoeson

914983_20040730_screen014.jpg

Sweet. Now, you can have all out break outs with motorcyle police on your ass. I hope they use them for 1 and 2 stars. Those other 2 star pursuits are lame. They should break out the motorcyles and increase enforcement as you progress thru the game.

Like, as the police get to know you, they make it tougher. And this game is dying for a few police beatings after you are apprehended. It wouldn't be GTA unless they poke fun of it. You'll get points for the more beatings you get. Or they just let you go after pummeling you.

evil ways

DMczaf said:

I see that ring in the background with the 2 guys training and I hope they let you spar or box with other people in the gym. I'll turn CJ into a mix of Clubber Lang and James "Grimreaper" Roper.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Looks cool, just like Vice City looked cool when they released screens from it. Anyway, I like the bike, it will rule. :D

I really hope they'll manage a somewhat stable framerate this time though. They should hire some good programmers, I mean they got the money to do it after all...

Everything except the damn buildings look good. Why can't Rockstar actually put some effort into those blurry asstastic visuals? I've played much better looking on the PS2, with still the grand size and scope. Look at Transformers and its amazing draw distance and still it has fully rendered trees and grass. It looks amazing. Why do we still get Dreamcast quality visuals with this?

By this time haven't people leanred not ot expect stunning graphics from the series? They're good enough to get by and that's it. They focus most of their time into the gameplay.

Bob White

That's what people always seem to scream about but when a dev actually does gameplay over graphics, the bitching begins.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
SolidSnakex said:
By this time haven't people leanred not ot expect stunning graphics from the series? They're good enough to get by and that's it. They focus most of their time into the gameplay.

Even though I appreciate the focus on gameplay, better graphics wouldn't exactly make the game worse. Especially not a better and more stable framerate, more like the opposite. But people buy the games anyway, so I guess Rockstar won't care if the money keeps flowing in. Maybe next-gen will make it easier on the eyes when playing GTA games?

Depends on what you view as easier on the eyes. It'll likely still be on the same level graphically with its competition as it is now meaning there are going to be alot of prettier games out there. GTA still offers a much higher level fo freedom than the other games similar to it, plus it doesn't aim for a realistic graphics style so I can understand it not looking as good as the Driver's or The Getaways.

Gattsu25

Banned
by no means are GTA's graphics poor...they might not have the highest poly count or texture quality, but the world they convey is more alive than any of the lifeless tech-demo like visuals people expect from games

when I think of GTA's visuals...I don't think of snazzy bump mapping or textures but of a great looking representation of a living city with buildings spanning off into the distance

andthebeatgoeson

Gattsu25 said:
by no means are GTA's graphics poor...they might not have the highest poly count or texture quality, but the world they convey is more alive than any of the lifeless tech-demo like visuals people expect from games

when I think of GTA's visuals...I don't think of snazzy bump mapping or textures but of a great looking representation of a living city with buildings spanning off into the distance

Pretty much. I like the visuals. They aren't the best but the art is good and technically, it's more than competent.

Top Bottom