• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN vs. MGS3 fans round n

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
cybamerc said:
I don't know when Ivan switched over to IGNps2 but it seems to me that there are plenty of MGS3 articles on PS2 so I don't get the complaint about lack of attention. Whether or not his bias will reflect upon the score I wouldn't know. The few times I've read something he wrote or said it's been pretty stupid but I honestly have no idea if he's a fair reviewer.

Just for the hell of it I decided to pull up the "News" page of MGS3, Halo 2 and GTA: SA and see how many page downs it takes to get to the bottom of each page(I'm running 1280x1024):

MGS3: 6
Halo 2: 14
GTA-SA: 6

OMG GTA and MGS3 got shafted! ;)

WarPig

DarienA said:
OMG GTA and MGS3 got shafted! ;)

They have the misfortune of coming out on a platform with, well, other games ^_^

God, I'm so glad I don't have to do that shit anymore.

DFS.

Soul4ger

ferricide said:
i think he's more drunken human waste. only ian (whatever his last name is, i forget) can be the true IHW of the game journalism industry.

Aw, don't sell yourself short!

Kidding.

i wonder what konami thinks of all of this retardation.

No more canned Snake Meat for IGN!

WarPig

Soul4ger said:
No more canned Snake Meat for IGN!

Konami's got a pretty relaxed sense of humor. Kojima still liked us back in the Dave/Dave/Doug era after all the crotch-shooting stuff, f'rinstance.

DFS.

WarPig said:
The story behind this is a little complicated. Konami gave Gamespot the week-long exclusive on the MGS2 demo as a consequence of the GS higher-ups lying in their teeth to gullible media relations people about their traffic numbers (as well as some other reasons that may or may not be true, and wouldn't be printable in either case)

DFS.

Wow, you're still bitter over that?

1) Nobody lied, and your insinuation that someone did is insulting. Those numbers were realler than Real Deal Holyfield.
2) You-know-who is not as gullible as you think, and you know it.
3) I would love to hear what the "other" reasons that you think took place are.
4) At the end of the day, GameSpot got that week-long exclusive and the Behind the Games story because of their professionalism in seeking those exclusives, and the distinct lack of child-like banter that other publications pass off as "writing".

every time we have an ex-IGN writer in our presence and such, conversations just take a dive. gamespot has always been better. and i've said before and i'll say it again.

most video game "journalists" arent. they are more like glorified gossip and feature "writers".

1st Born

I hope MGS3 turns out good. I tired to back to MGS2, on the XBox, after have playing Splinter Cell. I think MGS got Splinter Cell beat in telling a story and FMV movies, but Splinter Cell kills it in every other way, maybe not music, but you get the point.

MGS3 looks like its going to be a good game though, but I now there will be alot of complains about it's lenght like the first two. MGS was the best series on the planet, in my eyes, until the XBox hit the planet.

Top Bottom