• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm a Daddy take two!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats, Darien!

DarienA said:
There will be no Nintendo gameplaying under MY roof!

Thumbs up on good parenting techniques! The forthcoming Erickson spawn will likewise have no Nintendo exposure -- remember, folks, you CAN prevent Olimario Syndrome in your children!

DarienA said:
I hate the thought of a child growing up as a single child... so... we'll see.

Damn straight. Now that my wife is ripe with one spawn, I said we hafta have one other before my boys get put on ice -- every kid needs a sibling for support and to teach them how to take crap. :)

mrmyth

DarienA said:
:lol we were talking about that this morning!

In our townhome complex this morning I noted there were a shitload of mini-vans parked next to each other... and she said to me... so we getting a mini-van(jokingly)? I said hell no. She was like that's right we'll be putting that baby seat in the SUV!

Fuck the mini-van. Speaking as a former apartment dweller, you'll be buying a house before you get a van. There was just no room for all the baby shit I have now. Ever notice how you can tell someone has a baby immediately upon steeping into their living room? Swing over here, bouncer over there, highchair in the corner. Not to mention the glider, changing table, dresser and crib in my son's room. The little shit has more furniture than my whole family had growing up.

Congrats.

CrisKre

Then I doom you to this newborn son of yours being an Nfan, You damn anti-Nintendite.

You know, we re human too, and you wouldn't know but we re everywhere ;)

Yep, it's a girl. Due to spring forth from the womb in less than a month. Nintendosexuals can rejoice -- you'll be without the bitter, acrid tang of my HATERADE for awhile!

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Mama Smurf said:
Wait, this is the first child? Why does the title say take two?

It's our first.. it's my second.

Drinky Crow said:
Damn straight. Now that my wife is ripe with one spawn, I said we hafta have one other before my boys get put on ice -- every kid needs a sibling for support and to teach them how to take crap. :)

And to harass them.. tell on them... beat them up... pull their hair, etc... just ask my younger sisters! ;) I told them recently I was just doing it to make sure when they were adults they didn't taken any crap.

mrmyth said:
Fuck the mini-van. Speaking as a former apartment dweller, you'll be buying a house before you get a van. There was just no room for all the baby shit I have now. Ever notice how you can tell someone has a baby immediately upon steeping into their living room? Swing over here, bouncer over there, highchair in the corner. Not to mention the glider, changing table, dresser and crib in my son's room. The little shit has more furniture than my whole family had growing up.
Congrats.

Thanks I think we're ok though we have a 2 bedroom townhome, and the downstairs basement/family room section has a den that we might eventually convert into another bedroom.... if necessary til then it's our game/exercise room. My only problem right now is that the damn attic doesn't have any type of floor laid down(we recently had to buy some wooden planks to lay down), so most of it is unusable for storage... at the very least as my missus found out a bit back you can't WALK around up there unless you stand on the wooden supports(yes she put her foot through through the floor/ceiling).

DarienA said:
My only problem right now is that the damn attic doesn't have any type of floor laid down(we recently had to buy some wooden planks to lay down), so most of it is unusable for storage... at the very least as my missus found out a bit back you can't WALK around up there unless you stand on the wooden supports(yes she put her foot through through the floor/ceiling).

Should get the attic fixed up so it's a liveable space. Attic bedrooms = teh cool.

DarienA

Felidae_Khrall said:
Should get the attic fixed up so it's a liveable space. Attic bedrooms = teh cool.

Yeah that's what they did at my parents home when I was growing up and I had the attic bedroom... it did rock... space away from the parents, great view of the surrounding neighborhood.

I don't know if we could do that in the townhome though... there are a shitload of support beams coming down from the roof all over the place in there.

CrisKre said:
Then I doom you to this newborn son of yours being an Nfan, You damn anti-Nintendite.

What a horrible thing to say!

Anyway, DarienA, congratulations to you. Good luck on this journey. BTW, great way to have the news broken to you. To be honest, I hate receving news like that, but I love giving news that way, haha. The whole "I'm pregnant" angle wouldn't work for me though, physically impossible.

Here's to a healthy, newborn child!

cigar_dunhill_dominican.jpg

AirBrian

Drinky Crow said:
Yep, it's a girl. Due to spring forth from the womb in less than a month. Nintendosexuals can rejoice -- you'll be without the bitter, acrid tang of my HATERADE for awhile!
Are you going to name her Zelda? :D

I'll buy a PS2 if you do...

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
DarienA, that's incredible news. Congratulations a hundred times over!

Feel free to post here once her water breaks (and take the heat off me, that'd be nice).

Again, congratulations.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
bishoptl said:
Feel free to post here once her water breaks (and take the heat off me, that'd be nice).

HAHA, and I was worried I'd never get to laugh at that again.

DarienA said:
The conversation went like this:

<after talking about the car problems>

Her: Yeah things like that can just come up and throw a monkey wrench in your plans...

Me: yeah...

Her: well I have a gorilla sized wrench.

Me: <speechless>

Doh! Congrats, DarienA!

And sorry to hear about your car troubles, too...

DarienA

bishoptl said:
DarienA, that's incredible news. Congratulations a hundred times over!

Again, congratulations.

:lol I forgot all about that!

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
The story's simple. bishop's girlfriend's water breaks, first thing he does is post a topic about it.

It was all very funny.

DarienA

If I have a Treo or I can find a browser that will let me browse this forum on my 3650(Netfront keeps saying it's running out of resources and Opera won't even install), or I'm here at work when it happens then I'll post a thread when her water breaks. ;)

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I had 90 minutes before we had to leave for the hospital! Excuse me for wanting to share something cool with you troglodytes....

*grumble grumble*

nitewulf

congrats darien, make sure he starts gaming with an EA game ;)

Drinky Crow said:
Now that my wife is ripe with one spawn

...ripe with one spawn? ...who...talks...like that....

anyway, i agree 100% about the siblings thing, kids should never grow up alone, you need an older bro to beat the crap out of you from time to time and to look upto, or a sister to take care of you/spoil you.

Shouta

...ripe with one spawn? ...who...talks...like that....

Why the demon lord himself does. Silly nitewulf.

'Grats Darien. Too bad I can't change your tag so I could make it "Sowing Gorilla Wrenches" =P.

DarienA

Shouta said:
Why the demon lord himself does. Silly nitewulf.

'Grats Darien. Too bad I can't change your tag so I could make it "Sowing Gorilla Wrenches" =P.

Wow that's a great idea... i know normally not to "ask" for a tag... but that would be such a great insider joke tag.... mods... please?

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I'd do it, except some oversensitive PC noodnik would accuse me of racial bias with the word "gorillas" and then I'd get sued and LORD KNOWS I don't need that right now.

Awesome! Good luck, I hope you're able to raise a healthy, happy child. It looks like that kid is going to have one cool dad. :) Definitely fill us in on any further developments.

Drinky Crow said:
Congrats, Darien!

Thumbs up on good parenting techniques! The forthcoming Erickson spawn will likewise have no Nintendo exposure -- remember, folks, you CAN prevent Olimario Syndrome in your children!

You're like a new Hitler, breeding for a one-console future.

DarienA

bishoptl said:
I'd do it, except some oversensitive PC noodnik would accuse me of racial bias with the word "gorillas" and then I'd get sued and LORD KNOWS I don't need that right now.

:lol I never made that connection!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom