• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

imo game developers should focus alot on the ending

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
The PS2 does NOT exist in a vacuum, however...

The XBOX, Gamecube, and (of course) the PC exist you know.

I can tell you that most consumers are well aware of other platforms and sure as hell are not going to take those other issues into consideration.

Gattsu25

Banned
am I the only person that prefers the complex nature of GTA's world and the 'average' graphics that represent them over the great graphics that encompass most other games' static worlds?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Gattsu25 said:
am I the only person that prefers the complex nature of GTA's world and the 'average' graphics that represent them over the great graphics that encompass most other games' static worlds?

Of course not, but I know that OTHER platforms can handel all of the action present in GTA while displaying better visuals...

My PC doesn't even break a sweat on GTA3 or Vice City. Flawless 60 fps and gobs of AA and AF don't slow it down a bit. I fully believe that they could crank up the details well beyond what we see there and we wouldn't have a problem...

Gattsu25

Banned
dark10x said:
Of course not, but I know that OTHER platforms can handel all of the action present in GTA while displaying better visuals...

My PC doesn't even break a sweat on GTA3 or Vice City. Flawless 60 fps and gobs of AA and AF don't slow it down a bit. I fully believe that they could crank up the details well beyond what we see there and we wouldn't have a problem...

Naturally, I was speaking about GTA in general and not on any specific platform (other platforms, such as the XBox and especially the PC, just make the world and visuals have (much) more impact in comparison to the PS2 versions)

IMO, GTA3 and VC are odd in that even on my mid-range PC I can pump out 60+FPS with AA and AF enabled...games are just optimized well, I guess

COCKLES

being watched
Worst ending ever:- Jax and Dexter. WTF? They walk through a door...game over. That might have cut it on NES, C64 or Master System...but now.... :lol awful

Ranger X

dark10x said:

Any game can be better on PC. Just get the requirements for your game bigger.
You still not take in comparison the right things. Better hardware = better games. How to judge a game is better than another one then? (i mean, graphic wise or tech wise): to compare it against another game of the same type running on the same hardware.
Sorry to point you out like this by the way but it's so apparent i can't contain myself lol ;)

Gattsu25

Banned
COCKLES said:
Worst ending ever:- Jax and Dexter. WTF? They walk through a door...game over. That might have cut it on NES, C64 or Master System...but now.... :lol awful

actually, that was the 100% ending...the original ending was "OMG there's a door...I wonder what I should do with it"

worst ending ever

Ranger X

Gattsu25 said:
actually, that was the 100% ending...the original ending was "OMG there's a door...I wonder what I should do with it"

worst ending ever

LMAO
It's true this ending was bad. But still, i must be an alien but what i remember being bad in this game it's the game being too short. You truly think there will be a fourth part in the world but it's actually just one big level. I was really feeling like they cut the grass under my feet. ;(

border

Heh....I wonder if this thread was inspired by a certain game that will be coming out on Tuesday.....or Monday night at 11:59 PM depending on the store. Pre-emptive secret-trolling! :D

Gattsu25

Banned
border said:
Heh....I wonder if this thread was inspired by a certain game that will be coming out on Tuesday.....or Monday night at 11:59 PM depending on the store. Pre-emptive secret-trolling! :D

Tron 2.0 Killer App?

Top Bottom