• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Impossible to find a Athlon 64 3500 939...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, today I was allready to order my new PC. I checked newegg, the 3500 isn't even listed anymore for the socket 939 system. I go to Monarch computers, its in stock...but I feel something and call 'em. They say its out of stock and they just changed the pc to reflect it. I go to all the others, zipzoomfly, allstarshop...nothing. I check pricewatch, nothing. Gameve says they have it in on their site, but I saw they have really shitty RMA and many of their sellers don't speak proper English. I don't want to deal with them.

I'm looking for a retail Athlon 64 3500 in its box with heatsink and fan. Anyone know of a site that has one?

Vormund

A64 has switched to 939.

I got a 3000+ (S754) and i'm very happy with it. I'd like to see how good XP64 is when it's finished, the Beta version I have I can't do a lot with.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
"I thought there were only Athlon 64 fx that had 939 pins, not the regular one."

There's a socket 754 variety that goes up to 3400+ and a 939 variety that goes up to 3800+ including an FX 53.

The 939s and all FXs have better memory controls than the 754s. The 754s are beaten by intel's P4 C in memory.

The FX-53 that came out during the 754's time is a 940 pin.

tenchir

teh_pwn said:
"I thought there were only Athlon 64 fx that had 939 pins, not the regular one."

There's a socket 754 variety that goes up to 3400+ and a 939 variety that goes up to 3800+ including an FX 53.

The 939s and all FXs have better memory controls than the 754s. The 754s are beaten by intel's P4 C in memory.

The FX-53 that came out during the 754's time is a 940 pin.

Yeah, the primary difference between 754s and 939 is dual channel capabilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom