• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Inazuma Eleven 2: Blizzard/Firestorm |OT| Super-dimensional football against aliens

squall23

ie2banner3.jpg

Genre: Football RPG
Developer: Level 5
Publisher: Nintendo

Release
Japan: 10-01-2009
EU: 03-16-2012
DE: Q2 2012
NA: lolwut

inazumablizzard.jpg

Title Character: Shawn Frost (Fubuki Shirou)

inazumafire.jpg

Title Character: Axel Blaze (Gouenji Shuuya)

aboutbanner.png

Mark Evans and the Raimon Eleven have just won the Football Frontier tournament against Zeus Jr. High. Upon returning to Raimon Jr. High, they are invaded by the aliens from Alius Academy. The Raimon Eleven lose against these new adversaries. To further prove their power, the aliens destroy the school. Now, Mark must venture around Japan recruiting the strongest players to repel the invasion.

This time around, each character's techs are upgradeable to different levels. Each tech will have their own set of levels with an abbreviation:

G2 to G5
V2 to V5
Custom to True

As for the differences between the versions, here's a list that I came up with. Sadly, the differences usually pertain to spoilers, so some will be tagged:

General differences:
Different recruitable players

Firestorm:
Story is generally the same between versions but more minor story points on Gouenji
Exclusive Boss team:
Prominence
Secret player and team:
(Endou's grandson from the future)

Blizzard:
Story is generally the same between versions but more minor story points on Fubuki (so it's more like the anime)
Exclusive Boss team:
Diamond Dust
Secret player and team:
(Gouenji's grandson from the future)

In the Japanese version, local connection between the 2 versions led to various secrets, such as new techs and new teams to play against. I'm not sure if that will be the only way the secrets will be unlockable for PAL.

screenshotsbanner.png

inazumaeleven233.jpg
inazumaeleven232.jpg
inazumaeleven231.jpg
inazumaeleven222.jpg

videosbanner.png

French Trailer

reviewsbanner.png

ONM Review - 86%
Nintendo Gamer- 72%

Before anyone says it, I will say it. Crappy photoshop is crappy.

GhaleonQ

I'm 1 of the superfans on NeoGAF, so I will say that even if you just thought 1 was "quite good," you really ought to be play 2. If you don't think 2 is fantastic, you can rest assured that the series doesn't blow you away. Try it, though, as it's the template for 3 through (I believe) 5.

vareon

I really hope you can try one out one day. They're really fun for a sports game that isn't a sports game.

As one who followed the anime since the first season till now, you can imagine how much this hurts me. Importing from Europe is a pain in my country.

squall23

I am getting some info from some French sites. Apparently, this never happened in the Japanese version but in the PAL version, IE2 will be able to communicate with your IE1 save in some way. Do remember that the PAL version of IE1 had IE2 character and tech data in it.

What could it be? Carry overs? Secret players? Secret teams?

Binabik15

To further prove their power, the aliens destroy the school. Now, Mark must venture around Japan recruiting the strongest players to repel the invasion.

That's the most obvious course of action for both parties!

Never played Inazuma Eleven, I don't even have a (3)DS, but it looks fun and it's one of the games I'd probably get if they came to PSP/Vita.

Anyone else preorder at ShopTo? When I first preordered, there was only Firestorm available, but it seems Blizzard is now up too. Just wondering if anyone had got an email or something asking which version they wanted.

Are most of the 1500 players as useless in this games as in the first one? That's one thing I really didn't like about the first game. The default team was mostly superior to everyone else.

Mdk7

Do you guys know if the kid with goggles and dreadlocks that's on the cover of Blizzard a Blizzard exclusive?
He reminded me of Edgar Davids, and he's my favorite character... so if he's only in Blizzard i have no choice between the two.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I really hope you can try one out one day. They're really fun for a sports game that isn't a sports game.

Yay! Thanks for the OT! Which version will you buy? I already have both JP versions (for collection, I cannot play them because I don't understand a word :| ) so I'll pick up just one version.

I'm 1 of the superfans on NeoGAF, so I will say that even if you just thought 1 was "quite good," you really ought to be play 2. If you don't think 2 is fantastic, you can rest assured that the series doesn't blow you away. Try it, though, as it's the template for 3 through (I believe) 5.
Thanks. One was pretty good for how old it was, I enjoyed it but never had enough interest to finish. I'll definitely check out this sequel though. I'm surprised it's coming out, today is the first day I was aware it existed.

Ronian

Neo Member
Do you guys know if the kid with goggles and dreadlocks that's on the cover of Blizzard a Blizzard exclusive?
He reminded me of Edgar Davids, and he's my favorite character... so if he's only in Blizzard i have no choice between the two.

I havent played the games but in the Anime he is one of the most important characters and part of the main team. So I dont think that he is exclusive to one of those games.

squall23

Nah, Kidou's one of the main characters of the series and a fan favourite. He's in every game.

LProtag

NoA once again forcing me to import from NoE.

Pretty excited, loved the first one. Really excited that this one supposedly has a lot more customization. The first one seemed to only have a few decent characters besides the players you start with. I changed little about my team, which felt kinda lame considering how many players there were. Hopefully I can enjoy that aspect of the game much more in this version.

UK version delayed? Supposed to out tomorrow but no shipping confirmation email from Shopto yesterday was weird and they're now saying it's due out on 20th April :(

I'm up to date with the anime but I have never played any of the games..

all I know is that the alien arc was the worst part of the anime, I would still get this if I could buy it locally over here.

squall23

Intro confirmed to be a dub of Tsunagariyo for both versions of the game unlike the Japanese versions which had 2 different OPs.

Majukun

will this be a little more deep than the first one?it had potential but some mechanics were really dumbed down

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
will this be a little more deep than the first one?it had potential but some mechanics were really dumbed down

My question as well, I enjoyed the first one but is this one better? More teams, more difficult etc?

Meier

I snagged the original from TheHut.com with no problems. Might just do the same thing again for this one.

NoA not releasing this here makes absolutely 0 sense. Less so than their stance on Xenoblade and The Last Story for so long.

Zornica

Banned
as long as I get to recruit aphrodie, I am fine with either version.
ofc it will be blizzard :p

I hope there are more 11v11 matches and less 4v4 in this game.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Despite this game supposedly being out in EU, I cant find it anywhere here in Germany currently. Amazon needs 4-5 days to get and ship it too.

the-iek

German and Austrian release dates are yet to be announced. There is no official date for these two countries as of now.

German release is said to coincide with Euro 2012 or whatever tournament it is this year.

Can't we just have an Inazuma Eleven game come out properly for once (after last games UK delay of several months...
to wait for Disney XD to get round to airing the anime...which they dropped after a few episodes...worth the wait
)

NoA not releasing this here makes absolutely 0 sense. Less so than their stance on Xenoblade and The Last Story for so long.
Well its a soccer game which means they'll have to replace every time football is mentioned. But I think the main thing holding it back is the anime which is perceived to be the sales driver (I think it holds true) and given the only English dub is claimed to be unbearably bad...

I'd say sale-wise it would fare worse than Americas Test Kitchen and Glory of Heracles. Plus NOA want to pretend 3DS is the only thing that exists now.

Shiggy

Despite this game supposedly being out in EU, I cant find it anywhere here in Germany currently. Amazon needs 4-5 days to get and ship it too.

The German version is only out in Switzerland right now. In Germany, it will see a release in June, apparently.

Haunted

I enjoyed the first one, when it managed to capture that Tsubasa vibe it was really awesome and felt like a very cool throwback to my childhood watching footy shows and animes.

That said, it did have some very annoying flaws (most notably all the padding) and I was quite burnt out on it when I finished it, so I'm still not 100% sure if I want to play another one. If the second one is really much better, I just might have to bite and stick to the series, though.

squall23

I enjoyed the first one, when it managed to capture that Tsubasa vibe it was really awesome and felt like a very cool throwback to my childhood watching footy shows and animes.

That said, it did have some very annoying flaws (most notably all the padding) and I was quite burnt out on it when I finished it, so I'm still not 100% sure if I want to play another one. If the second one is really much better, I just might have to bite and stick to the series, though.
As a Tsubasa fan, you should maybe try watching the anime if you feel the game isn't to your taste.

Wizpig

Damn Kid Icarus.

Not really, but i won't be buying this day-one (meaning two days ago) because of it.
I'm really hyped though, and wow at

inazumaeleven232.jpg

Zomg 3d.

Must... resist... what can you do online in this game? I read the OP, but are there other differences between the versions?

squall23

I really don't think there are any more differences. I guess there is kind of one.
In Firestorm, Endou gets "closer" to Natsumi while in Blizzard, Endou gets "closer" to Aki. Do note that Endou's harem doesn't really matter until the 3rd game.

Wizpig

Out of stock on Amazon.IT

What the f!
I hope this doesn't become a rare game; in order not to risk anything i think i'll buy it even if i don't start it right away...

I'll probably buy the Fire version... :\ any GAFfer started this already?
squall23, what are you buying? btw, we still don't have those Inazuma 2 characters in 1, right? the PAL release had those extra stuff...

Top Bottom