• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Inazuma Eleven 2: Blizzard/Firestorm |OT| Super-dimensional football against aliens

El-Suave

Just started playin my version of IE 1 that I had unplayed since launch. The german localization is so good, I'll wait for our version of IE 2.

Torraz

Never played one of these games (or watched the anime). Nonetheless I am interested as I dusted off my ds lite again for devil survivor 2 and radiant historia / 999...

Can the gameplay be compared to anything? Any good videos showing off some of it?

squall23

Can you trade (online) those characters?

Can you obtain the Blizzard one in Fire?
You can get Gouenji and Fubuki in both games. And sadly no, you can't trade online, only local, and that's only for characters that aren't important to the plot.
Can the gameplay be compared to anything? Any good videos showing off some of it?
The gameplay is a more strategic version of the Captain Tsubasa games for SNES, that info probably didn't help. So here's a vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZE99Hmd1zM

You draw the path that you want your character to move, you tap somewhere else to kick it to that location, you tap at the net to shoot.

@Squall: maybe you can clarify this for me, i now got used to the controls and it all flows pretty well actually, BUT the one thing that still irks me kinda is that when in possession, you keep having to draw lines, is there no way to CONTINOUSLY keep running into a certain direction? i know that when i tap my player once he will dash/sprint but i still have to keep drawing different lines to make him go on which kinda sucks :(

squall23

You know, I've never actually looked into that. I've always drawn paths for my players because that's how I've played. If I'm not drawing something, I'm not playing the way I like to play.

Mobius1

Does anyone have a site they'd recommend for importing the english version to the US?

I ended up going with the spanish version last time since the the UK retailers were so shady about shipping. I gotta say, there was something special about it since I'm used to seeing 'Captain Tsubasa' (aka 'Los Supercampeones') in south america.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Quick question, is Inazuma Eleven 2 longer/more content than 1? I am about to buy it, but if its more or less the same I have a hard time justifying my purchase. Someone convince to buy it please.

Quick question, is Inazuma Eleven 2 longer/more content than 1? I am about to buy it, but if its more or less the same I have a hard time justifying my purchase. Someone convince to buy it please.

i'd like to know this as well, though i already bought the game regardless ;)

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
i'd like to know this as well, though i already bought the game regardless ;)

I might just replay Inazuma 1 instead if there is no real reason, so eeeh. Still sitting quite uncomfortably on the fence.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Inazuma Eleven 2 is "more of the same" (not bad in my opinion!), with some slight addition in terms of gameplay (as the possibility to shoot-block shoots, for example), with more cut-scene (at least in the first part of the game) and a story more crazy than the previous one.

I'm loving it!

technical question as the manual does not seem to explain this one:

If you actually have an encounter where one player uses a special tech. whereas the other does NOT, will the one using the technique ALWAYS win regardless of stats or will it be stat based either way, meaning that the technique would be useless except for the looks/cool factor?

squall23

technical question as the manual does not seem to explain this one:

If you actually have an encounter where one player uses a special tech. whereas the other does NOT, will the one using the technique ALWAYS win regardless of stats or will it be stat based either way, meaning that the technique would be useless except for the looks/cool factor?
Stat based, although the person not using a tech has to have much higher stats.

Makes me a little unhappy to see how slow this thread is moving. Level 5 and Nintendo really dropped the ball on the franchise outside of Japan. This could have been something big and special in Europe.

It was released too late into the DS life cycle and I think the UK release shenanigans of the first lead people further into apathy.

Chart-wise it seems to be charting (will be harder thanks to the 2 versions being counted as separate games* while handheld movie-tie-ins get lumped together with the console versions despite being extremely different) in mainland Europe (regions that have it).

UK reflection: Given how the first one largely sat on shelves I'd say retailers here were more skeptical this time so there are fewer (if any) lingering on shelves.

*-Why they kept that I don't know, the series isn't strong enough here for it.

Makes me a little unhappy to see how slow this thread is moving. Level 5 and Nintendo really dropped the ball on the franchise outside of Japan. This could have been something big and special in Europe.

yeah, especially with how popular Soccer is here you'd think they get it but i guess not :(

ksimm

I picked up the first one not long ago and I'm really enjoying it, and only £9.98 - bargain!
I have to say at first I really didn't get the controls, but now I'm on fire and took great pride in beating the Occult.

I will definitely be buying the new one. :)

Toma

Fun, enjoying the 2nd ones story quite a bit more than the story of the first game.

Although this game still has some difficulty issues. Losing games without any stupidly high requirements is basically impossible.

Toma

Question about the Recruitment Machine thing:

One lock tells me "Scout ??? in ???", does that mean he is not accessible yet? I get the exact name/location by progressing? Or is that really someone I need to find without the game telling me who to find exactly?

Toma

Question about the Recruitment Machine thing:

One lock tells me "Scout ??? in ???", does that mean he is not accessible yet? I get the exact name/location by progressing? Or is that really someone I need to find without the game telling me who to find exactly?

Anyone?

Alright, after more research it seems it really is a hidden character. Can someone help me out here? Its the one to the left of "Stu Hoofer" in the upper right corner. its the last lock on that "route".

Sorry for the Triple Post, but I want an answer damnit :p

Toma

Alright, finally getting somewhere. After searching around a LOT I havent found any list for those hidden"???" characters on the connection map anywhere, so I might as well try find a few.

I'll just put their english names in a list here, they might not be all be scoutable from the start but keep trying to scout for them, at one point they'll come up (you might need to go through the recruitable team members to find these names):

Behind the name, count of the connection map screen

Nancy Polearm - 5
Elegance Stuckon - 2
Tyke Wando - 7

Since I havent been to those areas yet, I cant tell whether those were just locks or "???" locks.

The original hints I found:
-yui [girl.medium size.long blue hair.def,wind]city where he plays with the new teikaku
-sawada [girl,medium size.chinese blond hair.fw,earth]the entrance of the park in nara
-first team alien [boy.medium size.strange green hair.fw.fire] school snow
-last team alien [boy.medium size.spiked red hair.fw.fire] school tachimukai
-zeus team [boy.medium size.long blond hair.mf.wood] tower in tokio
-occult team [boy.medium size.short blond hair.mf,earth] nara city
-kfc team[boy.small size.short blond hair.fw.fire] next to the house of Endou
-sp team[boy.medium size.helmet.def.wind] park entrance in osaka
-monks team[boy.medium size.green hair.fw.green] temple of monks obs:losse the match
-monks team inazuma 1[boy ,medium size, spiked red hair,mf, fire]... tachimukai city?????

Conan-san

German release is said to coincide with Euro 2012 or whatever tournament it is this year.

Can't we just have an Inazuma Eleven game come out properly for once (after last games UK delay of several months...
to wait for Disney XD to get round to airing the anime...which they dropped after a few episodes...worth the wait
)
Apparently that was caused by Disney XD sniping the rights from CN only to bury it in a double avalanche of shit in the form of Rated A for Awesome and that stupid island god dramady Disney XD has a raging boner for.

So wither we get another fart of episodes next august or someone else picks it up, gives it a decent run and allows me to actually buy the game that's actually localised here AFIK (I'd settle for CITV at this point) or it never airs again is anyone's guess.

squall23

Maybe if they decide to start showing it in Britain again, they'll have redubbed it themselves instead of using the atrocious South Asian dub.

update:

ok guys, i JUST finished the first IE game...

couple impressions:

- pretty nice whimsical setting

- story was alright, nothing too special or exciting but overall good enough

- gameplay: the 4v4s are pretty repetitive but thankfully short, but the 11vs11 are where it's at, really fun BUT way way WAY too damn easy...

hell, a FAQ i was reading suggested my team to be at LEAST level 43 in order to beat the final team , fuck that i was level 33 lol and i beat them 3-0 like it was nobody's business!!

question: is the second game STILL super easy or did they up the challenge a little?

squall23

I put off the game for awhile until recently. I finally unlocked Hide Nakata and Team Chaos. So yeah, I'm almost fully finished the game.

Wizpig

I bought it on a whim some weeks ago, while waiting for KH 3DDD (liking games with adolescent-shonenish stories is getting more and more difficult, but still better than some dudebros kill kill kill videogame stories).
Fire version.

It's Inazuma alright, and it can be very fun to play, but i hate the uber-scripts and some stupid "run to X from Y and then back to X in 10 minutes" story fillers.

The "free" and "real" matches in story mode are 1/5 of the whole experience.
They probably left all the content for the end-game or something, but jesus.

I finished Chapter
yesterday, we'll see.

Wonder how the Wii game is, and 3 aswell.

I just started playing Blizzard. Is there a point to try to recruit new players or is the default team members the best alternative?

So I've never played a game in this series but the idea of a soccer/football RPG sounds intriguing to me. Is IE2 a good entry point into the series and is it worth the ~40 USD Amazon is charging for it? It's a shame this was never localized in the U.S. but I guess the appeal would be incredibly niche over here.

addyb

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but ive never played any of these games on the DS and can get the original for peanuts these days.

Do I have to have played the original before starting the 2nd one...I wasn't sure if the story side of things (if any) was important.

If the above isnt important which is the better game and are there are real substantial differences between Blizzard and firestorm?

If anyone can help me with my queries it will be much appreciated :)

I actually prefer the first game because of the less ridiculous story. The European version has most of the improvements introduced in the sequels so the gameplay will be very similar. The only difference between Ice and Fire is some players and minor parts of the story.

addyb

I actually prefer the first game because of the less ridiculous story. The European version has most of the improvements introduced in the sequels so the gameplay will be very similar. The only difference between Ice and Fire is some players and minor parts of the story.

Well I guess I'd be wise to go with the 1st one as its half the price and if I like it then can grab the sequel at a later date.

Top Bottom