• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Incubus are like that kid in high school..

Status
Not open for further replies.
..who suddenly became a liberated mind one day and started writing poetry, randomly signing aloud in class, and spouting off nonsensical opinions about every other socio-political issue. The same kid who, when people who actually knew what the fuck they were talking about would chime in and correct him, would call them "conformists" or "puppets" or some shit.

The last 2 Incubus videos literally make me want to laugh out loud. And it's not that I'm a pro-Bush guy or that I don't like rock music, it's just that the fucking lyrics that these guys write are among the more piss-poor I've ever encountered, and their little social stances seem rather hackeneyed.

"If I met you in a scissor-fight, I'd cut off both your wings on principal alone"????

BWAHAHAHAHA!!! WTF are you 12?

The worst part is that they seem to be pulling it off. One of my not-too-swift friends the other day was noting how he liked "Megalomaniac" and how it was "all political and shit". Upon inquiring as to what exactly made it's poltical message so cool, he really didn't have a response. Rage Against the Machine was probably far too cryptic a band for today's listeners to handle.

Incubus manages to make generalized statements and wrap them in a 9th grade poetry-caliber package that is palatable enough to make the "ereybody in the club gettin tipsy" generation feel like political activists when their videos come on. Lights, camera, transaction. Yup.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Only if you add to your analogy that the kid used to be really cool but then got hit on his head and turned retarded. Because Science is awesome.

Mason

Ned Flanders said:
..who suddenly became a liberated mind one day and started writing poetry, randomly signing aloud in class, and spouting off nonsensical opinions about every other socio-political issue. The same kid who, when people who actually knew what the fuck they were talking about would chime in and correct him, would call them "conformists" or "puppets" or some shit.

The last 2 Incubus videos literally make me want to laugh out loud. And it's not that I'm a pro-Bush guy or that I don't like rock music, it's just that the fucking lyrics that these guys write are among the more piss-poor I've ever encountered, and their little social stances seem rather hackeneyed.

"If I met you in a scissor-fight, I'd cut off both your wings on principal alone"????

BWAHAHAHAHA!!! WTF are you 12?

The worst part is that they seem to be pulling it off. One of my not-too-swift friends the other day was noting how he liked "Megalomaniac" and how it was "all political and shit". Upon inquiring as to what exactly made it's poltical message so cool, he really didn't have a response. Rage Against the Machine was probably far too cryptic a band for today's listeners to handle.

Incubus manages to make generalized statements and wrap them in a 9th grade poetry-caliber package that is palatable enough to make the "ereybody in the club gettin tipsy" generation feel like political activists when their videos come on. Lights, camera, transaction. Yup.

Yeah, I kind of agree with you. I've never understood why Incubus was billed as an "intelligent" band. I guess when all you listen to is stuff on the Warped Tour, they do probably come off as a little more meaningful. I've never understood the Incubus love from the beginning though, when people were jizzing over their first single, calling them the best rock band in years and all that. I just wasn't seeing it. Still don't.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
sp0rsk said:
are you sure you arent alphasnake.

Based on what I know of Alpha, he'd have written an essay on why Incubus is great, how nice Brandon Boyd's cock is, thrown in like 20 different swears into one sentence, etc. etc.

:p

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Alpha doesnt have a man crush on Brandon Boyd anymore,thats the latest underground word.

Socreges

Banned
RedMaiden is so AlphaDouche

And yeah, agreed. I liked SCIENCE and Make Yourself, but can't stand them anymore. A lot of bands are like this, to be fair.

ie Who does the song that goes "This house is not a home", etc? It's so simple and awful.

BuddyC

karasu said:

sad2.gif

Yes.

Leon said:
I'm not a huge fan of Megalomaniac, but to be fair, you give me the name of any band, and I can get you a stupid line from one of their songs.

Megalomaniac also has the line

"If I were your appendages
I'd hold open your eyes
So you would see
That all of us are heaven sent
There was never meant to be only one
To be only one"

which isn't half-bad at all.
Actually, that's pretty terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom