• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Intel’s Officialy Announces new flagship CPUs Core Ultra 200S

ap_puff

Yes. I'm using a 24' 1080p Dell from 2011 that still works. I sound like a scrub with this old home machine, but this unit has been so reliable I'm more than thrilled with it. Hate to retire it but it's time... soon.

Will upgrade everything to 2024-2025 standards with hopes that it'll go another 10 years. Probably will put USD 3k into it, give or take with a 4k 28-32 inch monitor and desktop.
I'm just gonna say this now ... You probably wont get a 10 year system for $3k in 2024/5. Add another $2000, depending on if the 5090 is gonna be $2500, in addition to a good *edit* miniLED monitor (no OLED, burn in will happen well before 10 years)

Last edited:

marquimvfs

I have to say, having looked at the Z890 motherboards I'm impressed, particularly with the fact that with the majority of the boards, everything is offered without compromise.

You get thunderbolt 4, plenty of high speed USB, pcie 5 for both the GPU and NVME and then a bunch of pcie 4 NVME all at the same time. Theres also a thunderbolt 5 connector available on plenty of the motherboards. Stark contrast to the bifurcation minefield that X870 is on the vast majority of the currently available boards.

If the CPU performance is in line with expectations at 1440p and 4k then consider me swayed.
Yeah, sometimes, even when you're willing to pay for it, you just can't easily find high end boards with everything you want

Reactions: GHG

dave_d

Yes. I'm using a 24' 1080p Dell from 2011 that still works. I sound like a scrub with this old home machine, but this unit has been so reliable I'm more than thrilled with it. Hate to retire it but it's time... soon.
You don't need to retire it once you get your new machine. You could hook it up to a TV as your main emulation PC. (It'd be perfectly fine for Genesis, SNES, and other systems.) Or use it as a plex server.

Ownage

You don't need to retire it once you get your new machine. You could hook it up to a TV as your main emulation PC. (It'd be perfectly fine for Genesis, SNES, and other systems.) Or use it as a plex server.
Agree. It plays 2015-7 Steam games perfectly. It's my WFH unit and I usually have Civ 5 on in the background. It's still very quiet and I blow out the fans a cpl of times a year.

SolidQ

Gold Member
ae8b81c3c757a6bda503e504f8a7db4b.jpg

b208c0e55935fdbbcb85c6fdf2c048ce.jpg

Top Bottom