• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Intel Core Ultra "Arrow Lake" Gaming Prediction Thread. How fast do you think it will be in gaming?

Predict the gaming performance of the fastest Core Ultra CPU at the Arrow Lake launch...

• On par with 9950X (slower than 13900K)

• On par with 13900K

• 5% faster than 13900K (on par with 7800X3D) 👑

• 10% faster than 13900K (faster than 7800X3D) 👑

• 15% faster than 13900K 👑

• Over 20% faster than 13900K 👑

Results are only viewable after voting.

Leonidas

AMD's Dogma: ARyzen (No Intel inside)
I'll be closing the poll when first party gaming numbers appear, as I did in the Ryzen 9000 prediction thread.

Arrow Lake info could be available as early as some time next-month, or as late as December of this year (more info was confirmed for this Fall as long as there are no delays).

Will Arrow Lake beat the current gaming champion 7800X3D.

I'll be using the meta-review for the comparison, here are the current standings.

wXISK7A.png

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
Probably ~5% above Raptor Lake for games.
Maybe regression in heavily multi threaded apps, due to no SMT.

And the most important question is if these will have degradation issues, like raptor lake.

Leonidas

Clearly I was away from GAF for too long because you have a tag now. I'm curious about the story behind this
The tag appeared after I posted this thread stating Zen5 was delayed.

All I did was post the facts, and mention that it was in fact the first CPU recall of 2024, yet some people were butthurt about this fact, so that's how the tag was born.

Cute tag, my avatars cuter though :messenger_sun:

Leonidas

It started after he was called for what he was, and cot caught in his "Im not Intel defence force, I've praised AMD too" bullshit. It happened in this thread https://www.neogaf.com/threads/amd-...o-you-think-it-will-be.1671234/post-269400027
Oh, you mean that very thread where I called.

Zen5 = 2022 performance in 2024 (correct)
AMD 1st marketing = way misleading (correct) (and yes all 1st part marketing can be misleading to some degree, but AMD took it 10 steps too far)
AMD chose 7900 XTX to make Intel look bad = 100% correct also

No where in that thread will you find me making a lie to make AMD look bad. I've never done it. I simply call AMD out on thier BS, because few people on this forum have the balls to.

I don't call out Intel because people like winjer winjer and others make multiple negative Intel threads before I get a chance to.

Last edited:

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I expect it to meet and exceed the new 9xxx chips AMD put out, barring some fixes. Not sure what that means considering Zen 4 kills everything in efficiency.

Looking forward to the 9xxx X3D parts and these reviews as well.

StereoVsn

Oh, you mean that very thread where I called.

Zen5 = 2022 performance in 2024 (correct)
AMD 1st marketing = way misleading (correct) (and yes all 1st part marketing can be misleading to some degree, but AMD took it 10 steps too far)
AMD chose 7900 XTX to make Intel look bad = 100% correct also

No where in that thread will you find me making a lie to make AMD look bad. I've never done it. I simply call AMD out on thier BS, because few people on this forum have the balls to.

I don't call out Intel because people like winjer winjer and others make multiple negative Intel threads before I get a chance to.
9a45cc6b93988add1e6da425c21b5ddf.gif

peish

9800X3D will be faster. It is amd 5th generation chiplet design

This is intel 1st generation chiplet on desktop

Amd has intel encircled, regular 9000 ryzen is better in non gaming, just look at their internet browsing benchmarks and avx512. 3Dc9000 ryzen will beat arrow lake by 10%++ in games

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
If they cant match the 14900K then they might as well not even release them.

Granted I never buy above 6 cores P-cores so I'm only interested in well binned u5-245K.
If its priced well and can beat the 147K on average then im sold.

More curious about its MT performance through, specifically in Rendering.
The leak release date is October 20th, but when is that embargo.

Also is BartlettLake gonna come out and be faster than RaptorLake cuz that might tempt me to stay on LGA-1700...........
BARTLETTS.jpg

Kenpachii

Like black stride said, if it doesn't perform better then 14900k why even bother releasing it.

I expect it to beat it and probably beat 7800X3D.

Larogue

It's based on TSMC 3nm (like Apple's M3).

Should have healthy performance gains over RPL while being more efficient and cooler.

T4keD0wN

20%+ in older games and about half that in new ones, if they dont close the gap on gaming power draw and 265k wont beat 7800x3d in gaming itll be a disappointing architecture.

Not using SMT alone should be a huge benefit in gaming, but i am very concerned about productivity + benchmark performance and productivity efficiency for the lower end chips compared to AMD.

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member

Intel CPUs failing from degradation and oxidation issues
Intel denies RMAs, makes a mess with extended warranty for tray CPUs
Intel's has it's biggest drop in it's stocks of all time
Intel gets sued by shareholders and by consumers
Intel has to sell assets to finance it's restructuring

Meanwhile Leonidas Leonidas
Nothing To See Here GIF by Giphy QA

You also forget all the times I post and talk about the good things that Intl does.
The launch and specs for their newer CPUs. The rumours for their new GPUs. The investment in High NA.
The improvement to their GPU drivers. News about the new microcodes for people to update.
Videos with tweaks for undervolting Intel CPUs and avoiding degradation.

Meanwhile, all the threads you create, are done to so you can rave about Intel vs AMD.
You only care about praise for Intel. And everyone knows you are an Intel fanboy, while pretending you are unbiased because you once bought an AMD CPU.
That is why everyone laughs at you and why you got that funny user tag.

marquimvfs

Like black stride said, if it doesn't perform better then 14900k why even bother releasing it.

I expect it to beat it and probably beat 7800X3D.
Same reason AMD released Zen5. Maybe it's the same in brute force, but the advancement in other areas alone justify the launch. Or even to test the correction the 13th and 14th gen needs.

winjer

Gold Member
It's based on TSMC 3nm (like Apple's M3).

Should have healthy performance gains over RPL while being more efficient and cooler.

TSMC N3B for Arrow Lake on laptops.
Though it seems that some parts will be fabbed at TSMC and others at Intel.

Arrow Lake-S is supposed to used Intel A20. Tough it still lacks official confirmation.

Larogue

To my understanding, only mobile parts are going TSMC right now. That's still Intel whatever (10nm I guess).
TSMC N3B for Arrow Lake on laptops.
Though it seems that some parts will be fabbed at TSMC and others at Intel.

Arrow Lake-S is supposed to used Intel A20. Tough it still lacks official confirmation.

Both will use TSMC N3B

Intel 20A will only be used for some low tier SKUs of Arrow lake.
WVWM6N4.png

Last edited:

kikii

My CPU is also quite cool when idle. Anything that require serious CPU grunt and my 13900k gets real hot, even with a really good cooling solution.
i think its cause u have xmp enabled my 13700k was running at 5ghz when i enabled it, and havent played much games lately except TFD and FF14 but even max settings it doesnt go past 35c

Last edited:

Zathalus

i think its cause u have xmp enabled my 13700k was running at 5ghz when i enabled it, and havent played much games lately except TFD and FF14 but even max settings it doesnt go past 35c
Games, especially games that don’t stress the CPU much doesn’t cause the CPU to get hot. I’m referring to workloads that do, like rendering and virtualisation. Some games can cause high temps but those are the minority.

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
Games, especially games that don’t stress the CPU much doesn’t cause the CPU to get hot. I’m referring to workloads that do, like rendering and virtualisation. Some games can cause high temps but those are the minority.

How high does it get when doing shader compilation, especially with UE5?

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Which causes the 13700k to hit TJMax within minutes using a 360mm AIO as I am sure you are aware

Timestamped at 15:48

Zathalus

How high does it get when doing shader compilation, especially with UE5?
Tried the Black Myth benchmark tool and straight up to 99c/101c on some of the P cores. During the actual benchmark only a few P cores hit a max of 69c though. That was 1080p with DLSS performance on a 4090 so the CPU had some room to breath.

Edit: The shader comp for the benchmark is over very quickly so my fans didn't have time to ramp up, I'll look for something that does it a bit longer.

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
Tried the Black Myth benchmark tool and straight up to 99c/101c on some of the P cores. During the actual benchmark only a few P cores hit a max of 69c though. That was 1080p with DLSS performance on a 4090 so the CPU had some room to breath.

Edit: The shader comp for the benchmark is over very quickly so my fans didn't have time to ramp up, I'll look for something that does it a bit longer.

The Wukong benchmark is just a part of one level, with a handful of characters.
The full game is bound to have much more shaders to compile. Or any other full game, using UE5.

Zathalus

The Wukong benchmark is just a part of one level, with a handful of characters.
The full game is bound to have much more shaders to compile. Or any other full game, using UE5.
Tried Immortal of Aveum, compilation goes up to around 101-103c, gaming is usually around 70-72c. That was in a rather large level with some fighting going on. Turned down the res again for the CPU and was north of 140fps when not utilizing frame gen.

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
Tried Immortal of Aveum, complication goes up to around 101c, gaming is usually around 70-72c. That was in a rather large level with some fighting going on. Turned down the res again for the CPU and was north of 140fps when not utilizing frame gen.

Do you have a good cooling solution?
The reason why I'm asking is because Intel's Thermal Velocity Boost activates at under 70ºc.
For example, the boost clock of a 14900K is 5.8Ghz. The TVB ads 200 Mhz, resulting in the 6Ghz that is advertised.
Reviewers will usually use the best cooling they have, normally some AIO. So it's common for these CPUs to be under 70ºc and have TVB activating.

Last edited:

Zathalus

Do you have a good cooling solution?
The reason why I'm asking is because Intel's Thermal Velocity Boost activates at under 70ºc.
For example, the boost clock of a 14900K is 4.8Ghz. The TVB ads 200 Mhz, resulting in the 6Ghz that is advertised.
Reviewers will usually use the best cooling they have, normally some AIO. So it's common for these CPUs to be under 70ºc and have TVB activating.
Pretty good, DeepCool LT720 with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme. Case is well ventilated as well.

Leonidas

Intel's has it's biggest drop in it's stocks of all time
Intel gets sued by shareholders
Intel has to sell assets to finance it's restructuring
I just don't see how this is relevant to Gaming Discussions. Gaming had basically nothing to do with these things.

Leonidas

Interesting to see 77% of people so far believe the 2024 gaming CPU crown will go to Intel.

Very different results than from a prior poll, I wonder why.

Last edited:

Hohenheim

I'm excited to see the difference between the top Intel cpu and the upcoming x3d ryzen.
Unless the Intel is a lot better, I will probably go for the next x3d for my next build, because of the recent Intel fuck-ups.

Top Bottom