• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Intel Core Ultra "Arrow Lake" Gaming Prediction Thread. How fast do you think it will be in gaming?

Predict the gaming performance of the fastest Core Ultra CPU at the Arrow Lake launch...

• On par with 9950X (slower than 13900K)

• On par with 13900K

• 5% faster than 13900K (on par with 7800X3D) 👑

• 10% faster than 13900K (faster than 7800X3D) 👑

• 15% faster than 13900K 👑

• Over 20% faster than 13900K 👑

Results are only viewable after voting.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I got my new PC cooler in the mail today, ready to go.
UbUkYLT.jpeg

It's a new Architecture from Intel, so I can imagine it will be as good or slightly better than their previous architecture with improvements in regard to temperatures.

Zathalus

Interesting to see that in this pool you have 6 options instead of 2, 4 of them have the crown emoji (even on the tie one) and you're adding them all to confirm your own bias.
mario_kart_pie_chart.jpg
Yeah just looking at the poll options with the crown vs the Zen 5 thread and you can see the bias at work. Only Intel gets the emoji treatment.

marquimvfs

Yeah just looking at the poll options with the crown vs the Zen 5 thread and you can see the bias at work. Only Intel gets the emoji treatment.
And suddenly, even tie is a gaming crown, after he said himself that, if the new gen is such a low upgrade like Zen 5, it would be bad.
If Arrow Lake launches and is only 2-3% faster than Zen4 in gaming, I would say it is abysmal as well

GreatnessRD

We wanna see the CAMM2 results!

I think it will be on par in gaming with the 7800X3D, however. Just hoping Arrow Lake and Battlemage can keep Intel afloat. I can't stress enough how much we as consumers need continued competition.

marquimvfs

I think it will be on par in gaming with the 7800X3D, however. Just hoping Arrow Lake and Battlemage can keep Intel afloat. I can't stress enough how much we as consumers need continued competition.
Msi already tested. Claimed a draw with camms w/ same specced ddr5 chips being up to 3% slower in some scenarios. Obviously, the upcoming lpddr5x will bring better results.

Edit:
Source:

camm2-vs-dimm-1-1052x900.webp

Last edited:

Leonidas

AMD's Dogma: ARyzen (No Intel inside)
Interesting to see that in this pool you have 6 options instead of 2, 4 of them have the crown emoji (even on the tie one) and you're adding them all to confirm your own bias.
Any thing above the first option = Arrow Lake 2024 gaming king. That's why the crown is there. I could have included the crown in the = 13900K as well.

If you want to call me biased, fine, go ahead. I am only human, we all have out preferences.

I've reflected and my posts might come off the way they do for the following reasons.

1. Intel CPUs usually provide me with a better experience than AMD for my use case (ie. lower power in low power scenarios, similar power levels in gaming at 120 FPS, and tuning options I'm more comfortable with using, better overclocking options, etc.).
2. AMD screwed me over in the past, something Intel has never done to me.
3. AMD treating consumers as idiots with their marketing (I've never felt Intel marketing insulting my intelligence).

I really just want AMD to do better.

All those poll options stink.
Which option would you like me to add?

weaker than 9950X?

I'm curious to see that as well, hoping it offers an uplift over DIMM.

Last edited:

Leonidas

The only reason the crown is in this thread is because the bar to beat is the 9950X.

Intel has to regress to not become the gaming CPU champion.

Putting a crown in the Zen5 thread would have been too premature. If Zen5 performed as AMD said, and it was actually faster than 7800X3D, then it would have the gaming crown, but in this thread, the crown is specifically for the 2024 gaming champion, something we have to wait for the release of both CPUs to determine.

If you think Arrow Lake won't be 2024 gaming CPU king then choose option 1, maybe I should have had an option where it was even worse than 9950X...

Am I biased? I'm human, we all are to some degree because of our experiences, but I am very objective when it comes to CPUs, and unlike some of you people I don't make shit up. Yes, I really do choose Intel because they are much better than AMD for my use case at the moment. There was a small window of time where AMD was the better choice for me.

Last edited:

Zathalus

The only reason the crown is in this thread is because the bar to beat is the 9950X.

Intel has to regress to not become the gaming CPU champion.

Putting a crown in the Zen5 thread would have been too premature. If Zen5 performed as AMD said, and it was actually faster than 7800X3D, then it would have the gaming crown, but in this thread, the crown is specifically for the 2024 gaming champion, something we have to wait for the release of both CPUs to determine.

If you think Arrow Lake won't be 2024 gaming CPU king then choose option 1, maybe I should have had an option where it was even worse than 9950X...

Am I biased? I'm human, we all are to some degree because of our experiences, but I am very objective when it comes to CPUs. Yes, I really do choose Intel because they are much better than AMD for my use case at the moment. There was a small window of time where AMD was the better choice for me.
Sure, tell yourself all that. As for 2024 gaming crown, a meaningless distinction by the way, I’m pretty sure it’s going to be Arrow Lake - assuming Zen5x3D chips don’t come out this year. Arrow Lake would need to be more then 10% better in gaming compared to Rocket Lake to beat the 3D chips and that seems unlikely based on all the leaks so far.

Last edited:

Leonidas

Sure, tell yourself all that.
Everything I said is true.

Funny how every thread has to be about how I'm a shill, well he did this in the AMD thead, but not this in the Intel thread...

No one complained to me that my Zen5 poll options were too optimistic (the lowest option I offered being 5% better than 7950X, which 9950X did not reach).

As for 2024 gaming crown, a meaningless distinction by the way
To me its not. I've always been interested in who is the best CPU of 2024, way before we even saw Zen5 put up abysmal gaming numbers.

marquimvfs

AMD screwed me over in the past, something Intel has never done to me.
I'm actually interested in this, care to share more?

Reflected better on your answer and I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on that one. I agree that we're all human and are prone to personal preferences. I'm only bashing the way you have been presenting yours, but, whatever.

marquimvfs

I'm curious to see that as well, hoping it offers an uplift over DIMM.

I'm kind of disappointed. I hope that, at least, the new format come with extras that make up for the hassle. Like better tuning options, overall easy-to-use options, and also a better electric conectivity, given that RAM is the devide most prone to bad electric contact inside a PC.

Top Bottom