• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Interview with Feargus at Obsidian re: KOTOR2, NWN2, Fallout 3

golem

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/08/11/news_6104565.html

some juicy bits:
GS: You mentioned that you are planning to make "many new upgrades and enhancements" to the BioWare-developed NWN engine and the Aurora Toolset. I assume that means NWN will run on the same engine--is that true?

FU: Actually, no. We are going to be changing a lot of how the art assets work in the engine, so this will break the usage of the original NWN's art assets. However, we are going to be retaining a lot of how other things work, so things like scripts and dialogs (and many other types of content) will most likely run in the engine after an import process in the toolset.

GS: What upgrades and enhancements are you planning?

FU: A lot. We are going over almost every inch of the engine to add new features and refine things that are going to stay the same. From a graphics standpoint, we are updating most of the graphics engine to support new graphical features like normal mapping.

-----

GS: Did you wish that it had ended up with some of the original Fallout team? Word is Troika made a bid for it.

FU: I think it would be fun to play an actual Fallout 3 that is in the same vein as the first two games. It's possible that only members from the original team would make that kind of game.

GS: Did Obsidian ever express any interest in acquiring the license?

FU: We never made a bid. The only thing we did was to tell publishers who asked if we were interested that we would do the game if the deal made sense.

epmode

GS: What was your reaction to hearing that the Fallout license was picked up by Bethesda?

FU: Good Luck! That's probably somewhat horrible to say, but I think the team at Bethesda has their work cut out for them. This is mostly because there is almost nothing that they can do that will make the Fallout fans happy.
awesome.)

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Obsidian rocks!!! I hope they can get their games out quickly!!!!!!!!! we need them!

The quote about Morrowind with mutants doesn't sound so bad!

Top Bottom