• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Irish Thread

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Ha that's cuz we're terribly lazy.

How about whoever wants to go give me a quote or pm or whatever. I'll book a table or two at token.

Preferably with what date suits you best. Majority wins.
339688.jpg

Just as long as it's over the weekend.

acohrs

How long in advance do we plan so that we actually go instead of just kick it to touch and hope something happens? Haha

Hela

Has anyone used Magnet recently at all? It seems I'm about to move into an area which is completely exclusive to them, no other ISPs around, and I don't know what to expect from them after years of using UPC/Virgin 240 MB broadband.

acohrs

Ha how am I a dirty liar? I just said I'd book it. Didn't say I'd go 😂

Hmmmm hmmmm

Girlfriend convinced me not to go to St Pats last night and watch the handmaids tale with her, in hindsight what a great decision! Pats are going down...

@theonlyone when I come to malahidr for the 1975 tonight, May I come round to yours for some gaming between band sets? 🤣

Podge293

Hmmmm hmmmm

Girlfriend convinced me not to go to St Pats last night and watch the handmaids tale with her, in hindsight what a great decision! Pats are going down...

@theonlyone when I come to malahidr for the 1975 tonight, May I come round to yours for some gaming between band sets? 🤣

Ha I'm just a lovely facilitator. Unless ye wanna wait till July.

acohrs

Got to the castle at 8ish, heat had died down and was much more pleasant. Missed the blizzards thanks Christ, the 1975 were great when they weren't talking between songs.

God my girlfriend and I felt old though...

NateDog

I was at Longitude about 2 or 3 years ago when they were there and talk about feeling out of place. I was at the front (went alone) waiting for... actually I can't remember who I was waiting for but they were headlining that day probably, but particularly for The 1975 there was me and then about at least 10-15 teenage girls in every single direction around me screaming the entire time. I could deal with that too but they all got irritated at my lack of movement but I couldn't help be bored (although I might have given them more of a chance if I wasn't surrounded by so much noise), they have one catchy song now that's OK I think. But yeah if you enjoy them I wouldn't mind that the crowd is mostly younger than you.

I was at Paramore the other day though at the Olympia though and was sure I'd feel really out of place yet I was amazed to see the vast majority of people there were 20-30 and up. Even Hayley commented on it in the show that it looked like most of the crowd were those that had grown up with the band.

acohrs

Actually had a thought to myself, you can hear the sound just as well from the pitches by malahide castle as from inside the barrier. Next time might just not get tickets and set up a picnic outside haha

Podge293

What's gaf like with shameless promotions to drum up money for a charity event?

Abseiling off my workplaces building soon and looking for more donations ha

acohrs

Depends what charity you're doing it for. If it's for the charity of podges games and token fun, I'd say gaf would donate loads 🤣

Lucreto

Far too hot today, thankfully it's the last of it. The only good side of today was work hired an Ice cream van and we had all you could eat 99s. Pity it was too hot and began melting instantly so you couldn't enjoy them.

Now let's begin our slow decline into winter.

acohrs

When it rained today, I was crying tears of joy. Shame it didn't last, this dry heat is making the dogs and me miserable. Plus girlfriend wont let me run the fan all night due to electricity Bill so probably wont sleep well... Why even have a fan to not use it?!

NateDog

When it rained today, I was crying tears of joy. Shame it didn't last, this dry heat is making the dogs and me miserable. Plus girlfriend wont let me run the fan all night due to electricity Bill so probably wont sleep well... Why even have a fan to not use it?!
Can't say I blame her since we've had ours on every night for months... but those sleepless nights man. Can't get them back.

acohrs

At least it's slightly fresher this morning. The humidity yesterday was a killer.

Met Eireann said it was the hottest stretch in 40 years. Hopefully it will be another 40 before it happens again.

With how each year we have record high temperatures, don't count on it ☹

Podge293

Just back in Dublin. Lovely Irish weather ha. Good times. Also some young one deciding to apply her mascara in the middle of the road top notch

RangerX

Banned
I was at Croker for the Dublin v Westmeath game today. Jesus did we demolish them. We beat them by 31 points. Some absolutely brilliant play from the Dubs. I think it will be three championships in a row. I just can't see anyone beating us.

Lucreto

If any of ye are looking that snes mini amazon and Smyths have preorders up

Sold out already on both.

Edit: GAME have preorders up. £79.99 but beggers can't be choosers.

Edit 2: GAME's site is being hammered lucky I got mine. Should be in bed two hours ago. Work will suffer tomorrow.

acohrs

why does dublin bus cost more than a luas fare? Started going from cork st to docklands by the 151 instead of take the red line luas from fatima to the point, and the only downside is the price, luas is 40 cents cheaper each way

Top Bottom