• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Animal Crossing: Wild World worth playing if you already have City Folk/New Leaf?

Animal Crossing is one of my favorite series, but I've never played the original/Wild World as I didn't get into the series until City Folk.

I noticed Wild World is on the eShop and was wondering if it's worth picking up if I've already put hours and hours into City Folk/New Leaf.

What do you think?

latest

jph139

City Folk is essentially just Wild World with some minor additions. New Leaf is bettet than either.

But if you want to play around until Animal Crossing Switch comes out, it's still a good game. Just don't expect to see anything you haven't already.

Stopdoor

As awesome as it is, it would probably be at best a fun novelty to see how things were on DS if you've already played the later entries. It introduced a lot of mechanics, much more than City Folk.

If you haven't played the Gamecube one, that one has a very unique feel and so worth checking out at least a little bit.

1upmuffin

As awesome as it is, it would probably be at best a fun novelty to see how things were on DS if you've already played the later entries. It introduced a lot of mechanics, much more than City Folk.

If you haven't played the Gamecube one, that one has a very unique feel and so worth checking out at least a little bit.

I agree with this, play the GameCube version for sure. It's my favorite in the series, less features but a lot more charm and enjoyable writing.

I got Wild World because I was curious as well and while it's really interesting, even things like fishing are hard with a dpad (you can use touch controls as well but I don't think that's much better).

There's nothing that Wild World can offer you that City Folk cannot. Less villagers and one less villager type, lack of a town area and less furniture. If you want a handheld AC then there's no reason to play WW over New Leaf really.

Wild World was fantastic for the time, but I can't say there's much reason to go back.

The only thing that may differ are some of the stories you can get from employed NPCs like Sable, Nook, Blathers, etc. It gives them a little extra character. But that would take ages for you to unlock, IIRC.

Opa-Pa

It was great at the time, but nowadays it just feels like a poor man's New Leaf, sadly.

I think the only AC game really worth revisiting is the original one due to how different it feels. Plus all those NES games make a difference.

Griss

No. Animal Crossing games just add stuff to the core experience. Therefore you'd feel like you were just going back to an earlier version of the game you've played.

It was quite brilliant at the time, though.

The original Gamecube game feels quite unique, though, and it's interesting to see where the series started. I'd have a look at that one if it's an option but Wild World is a pass.

Galang

Banned
I think you should just wait for the next installmenr if you can. I was in the same position and got bored of Wild world in a day.

HotHamBoy

New Leaf is so much better and these games are already so similar that you would be playing a more frustrating, more limiting version of the same game with less content.

I loved WW back in the day but there's no going back.

Too bad we never got an AC for Wii U but hold on to your pants, Switch will definitely be getting one and probably sooner than later. I wouldn't be at all surprised if an AC Wii U game was in development and got moved over to Switch.

Top Bottom