• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Capcom Still In The Arcade Biz (2D Fighters)?

I've been kind of out of the loop here, but is Capcom done with 2D fighters?

I played a lot of Street Fighter III on my Dreamcast over the past summer, and really would love to see some kind of "Street Fighter All-Stars" with characters from Alpha/II/III all in one game using the SF3 engine or better.

Or will there ever be a Street Fighter IV?

soundwave05 said:
I've been kind of out of the loop here, but is Capcom done with 2D fighters?

I played a lot of Street Fighter III on my Dreamcast over the past summer, and really would love to see some kind of "Street Fighter All-Stars" with characters from Alpha/II/III all in one game using the SF3 engine or better.

Capcom Fighting Evolution is your answer...:) It ships 11/16/2004 for the PS2 and sometimes in 2005 for the Xbox.

243881.jpg

$29.99

Be sure to pick this up while your at it (ships 11/16/2204)

prod_nav_kofcombo.jpg

$39.99

Oh I forgot about Guilty Gear Isuka (ships 11/2/2004) <--- Lyte Edge could probably tell you about this game.

243947.jpg

$49.99

Cool. Thanks for the heads up. It's not exactly Street Fighter All-Stars or SFIV, but it should keep me busy.

Also the CPS III arcade board was for SFIII right?

Did Capcom ever come out with a CPS IV board?

soundwave05 said:
Cool. Thanks for the heads up. It's not exactly Street Fighter All-Stars or SFIV, but it should keep me busy.

Also the CPS III arcade board was for SFIII right?

Did Capcom ever come out with a CPS IV board?

Hey no sweat........Anyways about your questions, a CPS IV board was never created.... You're right about the CPS III though.

I thought you might like to see some official artwork and screens of Capcom Fighting Evolution.

Check it out..DANTE!!!! <---He's not playable though
CFJend08.jpg

explodet

:lol

Should have known they'd stick Dante in the Darkstalkers universe somehow.
Jedah would kick his ass, anyway.

Drexon

Banned
Oh look, it's an anime sequence! "Heeeyyyy, let's do this to every game! 10 seconds of anime and then back to recycled sprites, it's Bullitproof!".

Edit: And damn you Dante! Stop jumping into my pirated games!

Why would they show Dante like that and not have him as a playable character?

It's just ... cruel. :p

Anyways again thanks for the info.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
My view on Guilty Gear Isuka is to wait for a price drop, or better yet, just stick with GGXX2/#Reload instead. Isuka's turn around button combined with the plane shifting system and four fighters onscreen at one time makes for a game that is simply far too chaotic for its own good. Four player versus is fun, but expect situations where you literally can't see what the hell is going on if everyone is on the same side of the screen. The bonus modes are fun though....there's even a beat-em-up mode included. :)

soundwave05 said:
Why would they show Dante like that and not have him as a playable character?

It's just ... cruel. :p

Anyways again thanks for the info.

They're going to save all the characters everyone actually wants to see for the sequel. Just like what happened with Capcom Vs. SNK. :\

jarrod

Banned
Yes, Capcom's still in the arcade biz, they just no longer have a dedicated AM division. All games are now made by the consumer teams (who absorbed the arcade teams anyway). Since their suppossed arcade exodus they've made...

-Z-Gundam: AEUG Vs Titans (System 246) 2003
-PRIDE GP 2003 (System 246) 2003 co-developed with Anchor
-Hyper Street Fighter II X (CPS2) 2003
-Z-Gundam: AEUG Vs Titans DX (System 246) 2004
-Capcom Fighting Jam (System 246) 2004
-New Vampire (tba) 2005

MoxManiac

If your interested in Capcom Fighting Jam/Evolution, check out these movies (link courtesy of snk-capcom.com and shoryuken.com):

http://www.a-cho.com/match/go_ya_champlu/index.html

Some pretty high level players. I believe those might have been from a tourney. Check out the Hauzer vs. Nool match, funny as hell. Jedah seems to be almost everyone's choice, with Bison/Vega seing a lot of play too. The 100% CC by Karin was great too, looked fairly easy to perform. The Leo player simply hopped around with what looked like J.HP and J.MP/J.HK(?) all day, the range on his sword looks disgusting.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
The Karin CC combo involves a couple of resets in there, so it's not braindead easy to do. Also note that the CC was performed on Jedah, so it's only going to be 100% on Darkstalker characters, who take more damage than any other characters in the game. I mean shit, Bison hit Jedah 5 times in one of those matches and took off over 50%!

I've watched most of the videos and it's kind of disturbing how Jedah dominates the game. Every team seems to need a Karin to take him down and noone seems to switch away from him.

Oh well. They might rebalance it for PS2 and I'm getting it anyway. Did you notice how Anakaris' curse is in? Now let's just hope that they have custom "torn" sprites after Felicia's super and Jedah's pump-them-up sprites.

BenT

Ditto on the Jedah worry. And by the same token, Hauzer and Nool from Warzard seem terrible.

Odds are low on a home-version having significant rebalacing -- the game's due here in two weeks. I wonder if there'll be a version two ...

MoxManiac

Most reports from Japanese tournies and players seem to put poor Hauzer on bottom tier, but who knows, maybe eventually someone will figure out how to use him effectively.

Top Bottom