• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is it bad that I want to go to a religious place just for breakfast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matlock

Banned
Honestly, though. There's a Jewish center right off-campus doing an open house, and they're offering free bagels and coffee in the morning and barbecue the night afterwards.

Is it pushing it, going to a Jewish center just to take their free food?

Fifty

Not bad at all, unless you go there under the pretense that you are a jew, and even that's cool, unless they've got some sort of jews-only policy.

DMczaf

Dont do it Matlock!

Kidnapped_-_Robert_Louis_Stevenson.jpg

aoi tsuki

On that note, is it bad that i want to go to a religious place just for laid?

i was invited to a single's night at a local church. Not being a Christian and all, i figure i can be pretty straightforward about it and the closet nymphos will flock to me/

Is it pushing it, going to a Christian center just to take their free virgins?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
aoi tsuki said:
On that note, is it bad that i want to go to a religious place just for laid?

i was invited to a single's night at a local church. Not being a Christian and all, i figure i can be pretty straightforward about it and the closet nymphos will flock to me/

Is it pushing it, going to a Christian center just to take their free virgins?

Do they serve breakfast in the morning?

tenchir

Go for it. I remember a time when I was in college I went to a ACA(Asian Christian Association) just for the food. I had to talk to a few people who wanted to convert me(including a Father), but the food was sure worth it.

can't you BBQ beef and shit?
Beef isn't kosher AFAIK.

Mau_Mau

Banned
Go for it. Back when I was in college, the campus Catholic Center had these great lunches for a couple bucks. Needless to say, everyone was a fan of the Pope for cheap lunch.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
tenchir said:
Beef isn't kosher AFAIK.
Of course beef is kosher. It's pork that isn't kosher.

Now meat and dairy in the same meal...that's not kosher. Neither is shellfish.

That said, the whole kosher thing is pretty dumb.

FoneBone

You know, 95% or so of Jews don't actually keep kosher (not a real statistic, but it's just a small minority). I have no idea why people seem to think otherwise.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
I dont see why not. I'm sure people come to our muslim events for the free food, whether they are muslim or not. And I've done the same for christian groups, etc. I won't go under false pretenses, but I'm always willing to discuss whatever they want.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
FoneBone said:
You know, 95% or so of Jews don't actually keep kosher (not a real statistic, but it's just a small minority). I have no idea why people seem to think otherwise.
It is actually kind of funny. The best part is when a person of another religion assumes all Jews keep kosher even though they likely do not practice all of the super old tennets of their own religion ;)

And as GG-Duo pointed out. The food is there to get you there you would never have stepped in the door otherwise.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
The food is there to get you there you would never have stepped in the door otherwise.
Actually it sounds like it's suppose to get Jewish college students there. I don't see a lot of Jews evangelizing, heh. I know it talks about "God fearers" in the bible, which were basically heathens converted to Judaism, but I'm not sure if they still believe in that stuff.

Matlock

Banned
So, I went. Sat down, had some coke and bagels, and left after saying "hey" to everyone. Nice people, all

Ironically, though, there was a penny lying in the middle of the room, and nobody picked it up other than me.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Matlock said:
Ironically, though, there was a penny lying in the middle of the room, and nobody picked it up other than me.

ladies and gentlemen, that's comedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom