• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

is it just me or does the ds2 suck for vf4?

i just picked up vf4 evo last night and man, what a hard time. i'm having problems going through the damn training. are the controls that demanding for the game or does the ds2 make things difficult?

Some things are impossible (practically) on a DS2. VF4 is one of the few games that REQUIRE a stick at high-level play.

Oh, and stay away from Akira at first. You'll find it much easier then.

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
SiegfriedFM said:
Some things are impossible (practically) on a DS2. VF4 is one of the few games that REQUIRE a stick at high-level play.

Oh, and stay away from Akira at first. You'll find it much easier then.

I agree with this 100%. You *need* a stick and no question.

Vlad

={<SMOKE>}= said:
i just picked up vf4 evo last night and man, what a hard time. i'm having problems going through the damn training. are the controls that demanding for the game or does the ds2 make things difficult?

Which training things are you having trouble with? It's definitely possible to do all the basic training with the DS2. One thing that makes it easier is memorizing which shoulder buttons do what.

The game itself is very demanding too. You've gotta do alot of inputs extremely quickly. If you're playing with Akira, that's likely the reason you can't do anything. It's not really the DS's fault, it's just that you need an arcade stick.

i'm playing with fei ling right now. i've never played this in the arcade, but it just feels like you should have an arcade stick and the appropriate buttons to play. i've noticed about how fast you need to input the commands, but it also seems like there's short windows at very specific moments to enter said commands. i'm definitely going to have to spend a lot of time on this one. oh, and jacky's a bitch. between his reach and speed...

Top Bottom