• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is it me? Or does everyone I know want to see Spiderman 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Every single person that I have mentioned Spiderman 2 to has said that they want to go see it and I mean everyone. Even neighbors in their late 50s / early 60s want to see this thing.

Six months ago on the old forum I said that Spiderman 2 would easily gross as much as the first movie did but after hearing all the buzz that the movie has been getting (it seems like I'm talking about it with someone almost every day) I'm tempted to say that I could see this movie gross pretty close to 500 million at the box office in the US (if not more than 500 million). I know that's a huge number but there have been a number of films released this year already that have come pretty close to the 400 million mark, so it's obvious that people are seeing a lot of movies this year. Plus, Spiderman 1 crossed 400 million pretty easily. The only competition the movie faces doesn't arrive until July 16th when Will Smith's "I, Robot" is released and that looks terrible so Spiderman 2 pretty much has the entire month of July to itself.

Willco

Hollywood Square
JC10001 said:
Every single person that I have mentioned Spiderman 2 to has said that they want to go see it and I mean everyone. Even neighbors in their late 50s / early 60s want to see this thing.

Six months ago on the old forum I said that Spiderman 2 would easily gross as much as the first movie did but after hearing all the buzz that the movie has been getting (it seems like I'm talking about it with someone almost every day) I'm tempted to say that I could see this movie gross pretty close to 500 million at the box office in the US (if not more than 500 million). I know that's a huge number but there have been a number of films released this year already that have come pretty close to the 400 million mark, so it's obvious that people are seeing a lot of movies this year. Plus, Spiderman 1 crossed 400 million pretty easily. The only competition the movie faces doesn't arrive until July 16th when Will Smith's "I, Robot" is released and that looks terrible so Spiderman 2 pretty much has the entire month of July to itself.

We already have a thread for this. You can find it RIGHT HERE

Tritroid

Yeah, it's the same with people I talk to. Most of them say they want to see it opening day, and of course my friend and I plan to do just that as well. :p

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Willco said:
We already have a thread for this. You can find it RIGHT HERE

The movie is still a week away. It's too soon for an official thread. Plus there are about a million subjects people can talk about when it comes to this movie so shoving them all in a single thread only makes things convoluted.

Willco

Hollywood Square
JC10001 said:
The movie is still a week away. It's too soon for an official thread and your thread title suggests that only reviews and Spiderman related events should go there. This is neither.

Uh, did you not see REVIEWS and also "EVERYTHING". DUR.

Willco

Hollywood Square
JC10001 said:
The movie is still a week away. It's too soon for an official thread. Plus there are about a million subjects people can talk about when it comes to this movie so shoving them all in a single thread only makes things convoluted.

Your edit is stupid. The reason why we make official threads is to not spam the forum with lots of stuff related to one thing.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Willco said:
Your edit is stupid. The reason why we make official threads is to not spam the forum with lots of stuff related to one thing.

Well aren't you spamming your thread right now? And I don't see why my thread has to be singled out. I don't recall you whoring your "official" Spiderman 2 thread in the other Spiderman 2 threads that are on the forum.

Tritroid

Actually I don't know which to support...I think I'll support Will's simply because it comes with a pretty picture.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
I choose to recognize this thread as well. If only because Willco just wants it TOO much. It's an entire week before release. Relax brother.

Let's use this one as a "Spider-Man 2 box office predictions" thread.

6 Day weekend(Wed-Mon): $200 Million.
Domestic Box Office: $500 Million.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom