• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is seven tacos too many?

Is seven hardshell tacos too many 🌮

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Quasicat

Nope! Especially if it's your cheat day!

I'll go to Tin Lizzy's and eat 7 myself!
I started a diet about two weeks ago and went from eating fast food (mostly Taco Bell) everyday to eating nothing but whole foods at home. I have two more weeks before my doctors appointment to see what it has done. I have my first cheat day planned right after my appointment (probably a nice local Mexican place) then I’m back on the horse.

Liljagare

That seems like alot. On that note, I still like my hard shell taco's. Grew up on them, we didn't really have anything else around.. :eek:

They are pretty good with moose meat, salsa, cheese, tons of cheese, chives, and a dollop of sour cream.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
One serving of tacos for a young man is 3. So two servings for an especially hungry young man is 6. Therefore through mathematics we can deduce that 7 is one too many.

drganon

IMG_2129_thumb.jpg

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
We just had tacos for lunch, opened up Neogaf for a quick browse whilst waiting on the mince cooking off and seen this thread... It was destiny... Anyways this is how I do them so I apologise to any Mexicans in here for utterly destroying your national dish with such a watered down version

1h98zvu.jpeg

My kids absolutely love em but by fuck it's like feeding time at the zoo as they crack and spill, also 4 is my limit, 5 is pushing it... 7!? I tip my hat to you sir

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
Depends. An average human body at around 70+kg and average height needs 2300 calories per day. A taco has like what, 200 calories. YOu'll be at half of your daily calorie needs with those 7 tacos, so no, 7 tacos isnt too many. Their too few especially if you work out.
200 calories sound a bit low for a taco shell, sauce, cheese and minced red meat with probably something else inside.

Maybe the very small ones? not an expert on taco sizes.

Last edited:
200 calories sound a bit low for a taco shell, sauce, cheese and minced red meat with probably something else inside.

Maybe the very small ones? not an expert on taco sizes.

You're right. It depends on how much they shove in it or the size of it. Doubt you can shove more than 500 calories in one tho.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I usually eat 3. I like La Tiara corn taco shells, but they break apart super easy. I seem to be the only person in my house who likes them. My sister’s family use to fry their shells with the meat inside.

I love carne asada, especially burritos. I’d probably love carne asada tacos. My family doesn’t eat meat for meals, so my taco meat is meatless soy meat. Which I don’t mind. Those vegan brands taste good. I also don’t want 1500 calories for one meal. My wife already says I’m a garbage disposal. I can eat an entire pan of vegetables though.

West Texas CEO

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief and Nosiest Dildo Archeologist
It's probably due to the fact that I am an alpha male, but I don't really pay attention to taco consumption until it hits double digits.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I started a diet about two weeks ago and went from eating fast food (mostly Taco Bell) everyday to eating nothing but whole foods at home. I have two more weeks before my doctors appointment to see what it has done. I have my first cheat day planned right after my appointment (probably a nice local Mexican place) then I’m back on the horse.

Yeah, I'm talking specifically about a cheat day. I haven't had one in a good while but I will on my birthday!

I've lost 15 lbs so far!

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I used to have this little joke with my friends that you can eat an unlimited number of tacos, but the moment you eat anything else, you’ll instantly be full. As if the tacos you eat don’t actually materialize in your stomach until you’ve had one other food item.

If I was really hungry, I could probably eat 10 tacos from Taco Bell. But if I ate 9 tacos and then had one small bite of ice cream, I would physically explode.

ron burgundy anchorman GIF

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
We just had tacos for lunch, opened up Neogaf for a quick browse whilst waiting on the mince cooking off and seen this thread... It was destiny... Anyways this is how I do them so I apologise to any Mexicans in here for utterly destroying your national dish with such a watered down version

1h98zvu.jpeg

My kids absolutely love em but by fuck it's like feeding time at the zoo as they crack and spill, also 4 is my limit, 5 is pushing it... 7!? I tip my hat to you sir
You did the best you could I commend you! I'd eat that, if I was really hungry.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended

1h98zvu.jpeg

Dude! I'm trying hard to lose more weight... At least 20 more lbs before I start training for muscle gain. That has me wanting all the tacos!

DavidGzz

Gold Member
If you're on one meal a day diet or bulking, it's fine. Otherwise you're fat AF. Oh, this is about taco bells pathetic tacos? I guess the calorie count could be pretty low then.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
Depends on size weight and density of tacos.

age of consumer probably matters too. At 16 I would need 10 tacos at 40 I want 2 maybe.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Not for a median price of 24.99. They can fuck right off. I pay that much for just my burger meat, unfortunately. But if I pay, let's say, another 10 bucks? I can get like 40+ tacos from my Kitchen. The only thing the fucks at TacoHell have over us is that sauce, I shouldn't like it, but sometimes it hits the spot.
I get 5 bricks of organic burger meat at 1 pound a piece. so about 25 bucks!

After all is said and done, I usually have leftovers, if I go this route, this route is the Tex Mex Crunchy Taco. :messenger_beaming:

Last edited:

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
Boxed taco shells from the grocery. Making them for the family, in between I was hooking some up for myself. They asked for seconds and as I am hovering over the countertop... seven tacos got smashed. Feeling pretty ashamed atm 😁

Edit: I appreciate the "NO's"

Did you tell them "seconds" is too many?

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
If you ate 7 burritos, then we'd be impressed! I'm getting 10 tacos for my 50th! LoL probably not ... But at least 3 and some other things for my birthday!

GymWolf

Gold Member
For people who live in amsterdam, what is the best taco place in town? I'm gonna be there in a month.

I think i never had a proper taco in my life and there is no chance of finding one in sicily...

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
For people who live in amsterdam, what is the best taco place in town? I'm gonna be there in a month.

I think i never had a proper taco in my life and there is no chance of finding one in sicily...

Don't think you will find a lot better options there either. Although perhaps now a days there might be a place.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Don't think you will find a lot better options there either. Although perhaps now a days there might be a place.
The thing is, amsterdam have a billion of foreign restaurants (like you can't fucking believe it), and there is always AT LEAST one that is good for every nationality, maybe i'm gonna be lucky even with tacos.

Dude are you from ams? We should smoke something together when i'm there.

Last edited:

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
The thing is, amsterdam have a billion of foreign restaurants, and there is always AT LEAST one that is good for every nationality, maybe i'm gonna be lucky even with tacos.

If you change your expectation from tacos to Mexican food then I think you could find something good. Tacos are really tricky though and the best ones are usually coming from a food truck or a food stand.

Ive been to many mexican restaurants in Europe and never found a good taco.

GymWolf

Gold Member
If you change your expectation from tacos to Mexican food then I think you could find something good. Tacos are really tricky though and the best ones are usually coming from a food truck or a food stand.

Ive been to many mexican restaurants in Europe and never found a good taco.
Lol you think i know the difference between tacos and mexican food? Aren't tacos mexican food? :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

GymWolf

Gold Member
Dgrayson(of a bi...cycle) ignoring my invite to smoke something together hurt a little, ngl.

Last edited:

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
Ive noticed that the “authentic tacos” are usually smaller. They use the tiny flour tortillas.
Tiny corn tortillas. Flour tortillas are really just a thing in the northern part of Mexico. Try and give someone in Veracruz or Yucatan a flour tortilla taco and they might just throw at you or at least look at you weird.

Top Bottom