• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is there a reason an Ape Escape HD Collection doesn't exist?

Now that you mention it, it really would be a great fit!

How are the other games in the series by the way? Any must-plays? I didn't know On the Loose was a port of the original, so will have to track that one down. Million Monkeys was on my radar around the time it came out in Japan, but for whatever reason I didn't get round to buying it.

I think they are done with HD collections... on the PS3 at least.

I'd love one though... for the first Ape Escape game... they could use the PSP version and work from there...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Also, why the hell isn't the original game at least on PSN in western territories?

It been up in Japan since 2007.

2007. And here we are 6 years later, still without it. Ugh! :(
Yeah, this has perplexed me. I've played 2 & 3 and would really like to play the original. Especially since now they could have it work on Vita with the second analog stick (though would it need L2/R2?).

I would totally get a HD Collection with 2, 3, & since we never got it, Million Monkeys.....or at least PS2 Classics re-releases on PSN. Also, Mesal Gear Solid should return.

DedValve

Banned
is ape escape on the loose available on PSN?

Also Ape Escape "HD" for my vita would be glorious. Never played the third.

Psxphile

Ape Escape 1.5 HD ReMix. TGS. Followed by Ape Escape 4 reveal at E3 2014. Believe.

:p

But seriously, fuck YES. Ape Escape were fun 3D platformer romps. With silly monkeys. Who wouldn't want more of that? Take On The Loose and HD Remaster that shit, along with Ape Escape 2 and 3 HD. More fun than a barrel of monkeys.

canedaddy

Haven't thought about Ape Escape in a while... those games are a blast.

Did anybody play that PSP RPG? I just got through the first installment, very strange.

Also recall a demo for an Ape Escape racing game on PSP... or did I dream that?

Takao

Banned
Haven't thought about Ape Escape in a while... those games are a blast.

Did anybody play that PSP RPG? I just got through the first installment, very strange.

Also recall a demo for an Ape Escape racing game on PSP... or did I dream that?

You weren't dreaming:

934966_326160_front.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLFQWoJxcRA

Also, why the hell isn't the original game at least on PSN in western territories?

It been up in Japan since 2007.

2007. And here we are 6 years later, still without it. Ugh! :(

I can at least confirm that the original EU copy of the game does not work on PS3s at all, the game refuses to go anywhere past the title screen as it doesn't recognize any controller input.

Not too sure on the US version, but this could be what's holding it back.

Top Bottom