• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is there going to be a Xbox Holiday Bundle?

I´ve been sitting on some money for a couple of weeks to buy a Xbox, but I´m afraid to buy it, just to see the bundle pop up the week after. Any Xbox fans or people who work in retail have heard anything on it? Or does MS thinks Halo 2 is enough for this Xmas.

border

I have not seen it confirmed anywhere, but supposedly it will come with Top Spin and NCAA 2005. I hope that they are on different discs, because I'd like to be able to sell back the football game (trade-in value is probably still decent).

Did last year's bundle have Star Wars and Tetris on 2 discs?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I heard that the bundle is coming later this month, and it'll be the two games that border mentioned. So wait for a couple weeks if you can

Yeah, I guess I´ll have to wait. Thanks for the info, guys.

Top Spin would be an awesome addition and should bring back beautiful memories of Virtua Tennis/Tennis 2K2. :D

I was going to buy it from Microcenter, but they changed their $135 price back to $150. :-(

border

Well, if I can get more than $10 for the Top Spin/NCAA disc, I'll probably still sell it back =) Tennis games are fun, but at the end of the day it just seems like Pong: The Next Generation

Subitai

We'll probably hear about it in the next couple weeks. If you're waiting for the Crystal with 2 crystal controllers, my GS manager said it might not be out till Dec.

Lazy8s

The ghost of Dreamcast past
border:
Tennis games are fun, but at the end of the day it just seems like Pong: The Next Generation
... which puts them miles ahead of most games in playability.

I found Top Spin to be pretty good, but the play control and animation are not quite as smooth as in the Virtua Tennis series.

ChrisReid

border said:
I have not seen it confirmed anywhere, but supposedly it will come with Top Spin and NCAA 2005. I hope that they are on different discs, because I'd like to be able to sell back the football game (trade-in value is probably still decent).

It's already down to like $8 or $9. It'll drop in half as soon as the bundle is confirmed.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
ChrisReid said:
It's already down to like $8 or $9. It'll drop in half as soon as the bundle is confirmed.

Yeah, I saw that in the computer.. I was like, "Crap, NCAA just came out.."
Then I saw this post and it all made sense

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
The Xbox version of NCAA is borderline unplayable because of massive slowdown. Add to that the fact that Tiburon really screwed up the awareness of the secondary--they knock down everything within 10 yards of them--and the game is broken and just not fun to play.

I would guess that NCAA is included in the bundle because there are lots of extra copies. Lots of people took it back for the PS2 version. That's also why the trade-in value is already so low.

atomsk

Party Pooper
it's already out (at TRU anyway). they sent us 8 of them.

box says that top spin and ncaa are on the same disc. so resale wouldnt work

atomsk said:
it's already out (at TRU anyway). they sent us 8 of them.

box says that top spin and ncaa are on the same disc. so resale wouldnt work

Yeah, I saw it at TRU yesterday, (although the bastards didn't have GTA!)

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Well since NCAA and Top Spin are on the same disk I guess they're not getting rid of excess NCAA copies. However, why would you put such a shitty game like NCAA in a bundle? It is vastly inferior to both the GC and PS2 versions.

atomsk

Party Pooper
sonycowboy said:
Yeah, I saw it at TRU yesterday, (although the bastards didn't have GTA!)

every other game store i know was driving to get it from the airport, TRU should get it on the morning shipment today. (at least, i'm hoping as much, i'm not about to go in on my day off, but i had them set me aside a copy if it does)

Top Bottom