• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is this a computer monitor?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vieo

That is, if you want to spend $2799 a 42" monitor with a native resolution of only 852x480.

So what you're saying is, if you wanted a monitor that was productive(wordprocessing, graphic design, games, etc.), this would be a bad choice?

How large can monitor be before it becomes counter-productive? I've got a 19' inch NEC FE991SB.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Vieo said:
So what you're saying is, if you wanted a monitor that was productive(wordprocessing, graphic design, games, etc.), this would be a bad choice?

How large can monitor be before it becomes counter-productive? I've got a 19' inch NEC FE991SB.

The problem isn't the size, it's the resolution. A large monitor with a low resolution has big pixels -- which is fine if your eyesight is poor. But with a resolution that low you'll be hard-pressed to show more than one page of text at a time, and you'll be scrolling a lot when you're doing graphic design. It'd be fine for games, though, as long as you're OK with lower resolution.

I think Apple's Cinema Displays have a pretty good balance of size vs resolution. The 20" model is 1680x1050, the 23" model is 1920x1200, and the 30" model is 2560x1600. I think those resolutions are more in line with the overall size of the screen than the 42" plasma screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom