• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is this normal? Dual Shock 2 question

Shompola

Banned
I was playing Transformers yesterday on PS2 and I can mimic the behaviour of the robot walking by itself without me touching the sticks. On one of my DS2's when I very sligthly press left stick to right and robot start to walk I can release the stick and the robot is still walking until I move the left stick again, this doesn't happen all the time though but it's pretty easy to replicate that behaviour. This same thing happens with my other DS2 but I can only make the robot go by itself down I think. I have tried this on some other games and I can't replicate it. What is it that causes this problem? Why doesn't the Transformers game update the stick movement correct? Is it a bug in the game? Is it the controller port?

Shompola

Banned
yup tried that aswell. I think the input is very sensitive. For examples in menus when you move around with the stick it's more or less digital. You have to press all the way up or down or close to that to get a response. So can the problem be that my sticks aren't calibrated properly? zero is sometimes read something else and the bot keeps walking? This will only work when I am very gentle with the stick. Rough movements won't cause this problem. No big deal I guess but it's a bit irritiating.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
that's very strangee indeed. I dont know what's the reason behind it but I dont think it's a problem with the game. I've played the PAL version of Transformers and it didn't occur to me. I dont recall if there is one, but have u checked for some calibration options in the options screen?

sorry, I'm really as puzzled as you I'm afraid.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
This has happened to me with SOCOM II using one of my PS2 controllers. Really, I think there is something wrong with the controller when playing a certain game. Sometimes my character would start to slowly sidestep by himself so I had to pull up the left analag stick and then rotate it around, then push it down and rotate it around and then it would stop. But, to seriously stop that odd actions, I just used another PS2 controller and hasn't done it ever since.

Shompola

Banned
thanks guys for commenting. I don't have SOCOM so I can't test it. But isn't it weird that the DS 2's act differently? Can we conclude that the DS 2's are the ones to blame in the malfunction? It's just weird that both of my DS 2's are like this but just sligthly different.

Pimpbaa

I have this problem with certain xbox games. Probably because some developers don't put in a dead zone to compensate for any looseness in the sticks.

Top Bottom