• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is X the best X of all time?

kicker

Banned
Nah, I preferred when x stil had y and s. X isn't even really a z if you think about it, z games almost always include t and u, and x only uses t in two sections as a throwaway. Now, d though? D is definitely the greatest z of all time

But for real though, yeah it's subjective. If we asked what's the greatest whodunnit novel of all time?, or is this the best crime thriller movie of all time?, what's the greatest cubist painting of all time?, or is this the greatest jazz song of all time?, people could list a few candidates at best, but, 'greatest' and 'best' are too vague for definite consensus.

Still, I think discussion about things like this are an overall positive. We might not reach consensus, but we'll look at the games in different, interesting ways when comparing them.

ahtlas7

X_-_Beyond_the_Frontier_Coverart.png

Mozzarella

I see where you are coming from, but its alright imo to keep the forums active, threads like these can encourage people to post their thoughts which is not bad.
I can agree with you when the forums become super active and populated though, in that case i would be for a restriction on them.

ReBurn

Gold Member
It takes less effort to not care about posts you don't like than to make a post telling people to stop making posts you don't like. Remember, this isn't your personal forum and other people are going to want to talk about things you don't want to talk about.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Can we stop it with these threads?

Is RE4 village the greatest lvl of all time?
Is Mass Effect 2 the greatest action rpg of all time?

All these things are subjective so...

why make a thread about it? just don't click on the thread you don't like rather than creating another

MMaRsu

It takes less effort to not care about posts you don't like than to make a post telling people to stop making posts you don't like. Remember, this isn't your personal forum and other people are going to want to talk about things you don't want to talk about.
I have no beef with talking about what people want to talk about.

But these are obviously ridiculous questions.

Just like.

Is Oblivion the best RPG ever made?
Is Phil Spencer the best CEO ever?
Is Nintendo the best developer ever?

Like what kind of questions are these?
why make a thread about it? just don't click on the thread you don't like rather than creating another
See above

It's all about the consensus man, that makes things objective and gospel. Me personally I find it annoying whenever a new thread pops up making a comparison on two games. A literal new thread for that lol.

phil_t98

#SonyToo

Just like.

See above

it is a gaming forum set up to have peoples opinions on things, if somebody wants to make a thread about the best controller ever then what's the problem? its an open discussion

games are subjective, a game I love will be somebody's worst game but its ok to have a discussion on that and why not have a thread about a game or company being the best ever as it invites people of the same thought train to come and discuss it, also people who disagree with what ver it is to talk about it to. that's what an open forum is

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs

What is worse is when a publisher puts out a press release that a 2+ year old game sold X million of copies........who cares. They are only doing that because:
1. A sequel is coming out
2. DLC is coming out
3. Game may be getting a re-release/next gen update soon
4. Game may be going on sale

Very amusing. Happens once a week. Just wait for it.

ReBurn

Gold Member

Just like.

See above
They aren't ridiculous to the people who post them. Why should they stop talking about what you don't want to talk about?

All I'm saying is that it takes two clicks to make a post you don't want to see disappear from your feed. Much less effort than trying to make other people entertain you for free in the way you want to be entertained.

🤷‍♂️

VN1X

Banned

I just put all opinion threads on ignore. Usually they only surmount to nothing more than fanboy wars.

Nah, I preferred when x stil had y and s. X isn't even really a z if you think about it, z games almost always include t and u, and x only uses t in two sections as a throwaway. Now, d though? D is definitely the greatest z of all time
Have you tried K? Looks like you could be interested. Not the best Z but still better than some Xs, and closer to D.

Top Bottom