• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's official - SCEA delays GT4 to "early 05"

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/11/18/news_6113505.html

Gran Turismo 4 hits red light
Sony's driving sim gets pushed back in both Japan and North America; SCEA targets early '05 as new launch window.

TOKYO--Sony Computer Entertainment has announced that the Gran Turismo 4 release date has moved from December 3 to December 28. The company explains that the game had some unexpected tuning requirements that held up its release. To make the adjustments, the game will miss its previously allotted ship date.

Stateside, Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) announced a new ship date for US gamers. Gran Turismo 4 moves from December 14 to sometime in the January-March window next year.

In a statement, SCEA said: "Natural challenges with finalizing all the key features and localization issues across worldwide territories have led to the difficult choice of pushing back the release date in order to ensure that Gran Turismo 4 lives up to the exacting standards of the 36 million-plus fans worldwide that have purchased previous versions" of the franchise.

By Henry Niizumi, Curt Feldman -- GameSpot
POSTED: 11/18/04 10:22 AM PST

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
INCLUDE ONLINE PLAY AGAIN DAMNIT

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Stateside, Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) announced a new ship date for US gamers. Gran Turismo 4 moves from December 14 to sometime in the January-March window next year.

WHAT SOMEBODY ELSE ALREADY SAID... WITH A JAN TO MARCH TIMEFRAME YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE TO NOT HAVE ONLINE PLAY IN IT BITCHES!

fugimax

Sony fanboys, please form a single-file line in front of me. Each person will be allotted 1 tissue from the tissue box. If there are left over tissues when the line is empty, additional tissues will be handed out on a first-come first-serve basis. Thank you for your cooperation.

Insertia

I support this delay if online play is implemented

If not...

gun%20firing.jpg

fugimax said:
Sony fanboys, please form a single-file line in front of me. Each person will be allotted 1 tissue from the tissue box. If there are left over tissues when the line is empty, additional tissues will be handed out on a first-come first-serve basis. Thank you for your cooperation.

After

HSG:Fore
Katamari Damacy
Sly 2
GTA:SA
Ace Combat V
R&C:UYA
Killzone
Jak 3
Metal Gear Solid 3

I think I'll be fine. Thanks for the concern, but it's completely unnecessary. Beside's you probably need it for DOA: Ultimate :D

Gek54

Defensor said:

Heard something about a Bike GT being designed for PS3, now some are saying its being added to GT4. Cant confirm any of this though.

I could have sworn there was a thread about GT4 going gold. WTF was that all about????

DarienA

Didn't Kaz even say a bit back that the online portion was done and that it might make it in to one of the non-US release versions?

McFly

neptunes said:
Even if online is shitty!

just add it!

No!

I will play this game for months and months to come, better delay the game then let those problems in, whatever they are. Enough great games right now, no need to hurry, really.

Fredi

Gek54

DarienA said:
Didn't Kaz even say a bit back that the online portion was done and that it might make it in to one of the non-US release versions?

I thought he said that Europe was the online problem.

lexi

Banned
You know what to sell. It's all over.

AirBrian said:
http://img85.exs.cx/img85/1286/IIM.jpg

"After the great Xbox outsold the weak PS2 this year, we proclaim 2004, 'Year of the Xbox'."

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Flynn

Smart move.

I'm surprised more games weren't pushed back. GT4 will enjoy some breathing room with an early 2005 release.

DarienA

Subitai said:
NFSU2 left to own all again this holiday.

You know I'd forgotten all about that... BO3 was released far enough ahead that NFSU2 should definitely take a large chunk of the PS2 holiday racing games sales....

Gek54 said:
Heard something about a Bike GT being designed for PS3, now some are saying its being added to GT4. Cant confirm any of this though.

I could have sworn there was a thread about GT4 going gold. WTF was that all about????

This came from a report earlier this year from a moto magazine. Basically they were there doing a report on the game and saw some Polyphony staffers testing and recording bike sounds. Sony wouldn't comment on why they were there.

Forsete

Good thing, because there are already enough games to keep me busy for months, Im still trying to find time to get R&C3.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
thorns said:
I love how people stick with sony after all their lies.
I love how you just want to stir the pot.

And it would be interesting to see you produce concrete evidence for this claim without lying...

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
The demos were just available the other day all over Tokyo. I'm guessing the "unforseen circumstance" relates to a bug in the game (?)

Prog scan support please. I'd assume this would help with ths shimmering?

Top Bottom