• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ITT, we post pictures of our cats.

El Daniel

Cute! It looks like one of mine.

And mine:

TyV.jpg

Shiv47

Both our cats have taken to perching on top of our kitchen chairs, clawing the hell out of them as they climb up them. Fortunately, they're just cheapo Ikea chair coverings, so they can be replaced, but still kinda annoying. They enjoy it. Hardy is the forward cat, Stoker the one in back.

Jgnu7YL.jpg

Aiii

So not worth it
Both our cats have taken to perching on top of our kitchen chairs, clawing the hell out of them as they climb up them. Fortunately, they're just cheapo Ikea chair coverings, so they can be replaced, but still kinda annoying. They enjoy it. Hardy is the forward cat, Stoker the one in back.

Haha, cats are the weirdest creatures.

Ikea furniture is a godsend though. My couches are Ikea Ektorp's with changable covers, so whenever Poes gets out her nails and pulls on the covers I'm not that bothered anymore since I just replace the covers every other year and it'll look as new for a few bucks..

Only have pics of them from when they were tiny but here ya go

Gaiden

Msqvt2B.jpg

Momo

RumOCFf.jpg

They were strays picked up by a local woman who takes in stray cats. It has been an uphill battle though, only had them for about 8 months but during that time we had to get them used to humans and a massive amount of money spent on Gaiden. He had a skin condition when we got him and broke out into crazy sores and lost a ton of fur, the Vet almost gave in on trying to figure it out and it eventually went away. They would avoid us like the plague till I brought some toys home also. Fast forward to now and Gaiden still avoids people for the most part, he sticks around us but only wants to be pet when he is laying around. Meanwhile Momo loves attention and is like my little shadow if I am home.

JonnyBrad

Hey GAF. As some of you who frequent this thread know we lost our last cat to Kidney Failure in April.

Today we've welcomed a new cream Ragdoll kitten into our home. He's 14 weeks old and called Hunter.

mSICHL4.jpg

Aiii

So not worth it
Brought a new kitten in the house, my Goddaughter named her Lizzy, so I'm going with that (been calling her little one, and my older cat is literally just named "Puss" so I figured it be best I not name things, ever again).

Right now, we're in a bit of a cold war stalemate. Puss and Lizzy have mutually agreed to keep at least about a meter between the two of them at all time for about 95% of the time, the other 5% are shared between curiously eying each other, Puss licking Lizzy or Puss hissing at a bewildered Lizzy. The latter is slowly decreasing though, which is pretty good.

Been really careful at dividing my attention between the two and treating Puss to treats and milk and stuff she likes, so it's going as well as could be expected. I have no trouble having them share the apartment so far, so this is good.

Anyways, pictures!

soepje

I'm sorry to hear Revanche. Samael sure was a pretty cat.
Brought a new kitten in the house, my Goddaughter named her Lizzy, so I'm going with that (been calling her little one, and my older cat is literally just named "Puss" so I figured it be best I not name things, ever again).

Right now, we're in a bit of a cold war stalemate. Puss and Lizzy have mutually agreed to keep at least about a meter between the two of them at all time for about 95% of the time, the other 5% are shared between curiously eying each other, Puss licking Lizzy or Puss hissing at a bewildered Lizzy. The latter is slowly decreasing though, which is pretty good.

Been really careful at dividing my attention between the two and treating Puss to treats and milk and stuff she likes, so it's going as well as could be expected. I have no trouble having them share the apartment so far, so this is good.

Anyways, pictures!
Very cute cat, congrats! Impressive they aren't fighting constantly. I doubt my cat would allow another cat in her territory after being the queen of the house for so long.

Ambitious

img_0801zjj21.png

He was sleeping with his head rested in my hand. At some point my hand got tired, so I moved it down to support it with my thigh, which unintentionally made me slightly tug his forehead back. He didn't mind; he just kept purring half-asleep, mouth agape.

Aiii

So not worth it
Very cute cat, congrats! Impressive they aren't fighting constantly. I doubt my cat would allow another cat in her territory after being the queen of the house for so long.

It's been hit and miss, but they're getting more along every day. Still a ton of fighting, but it's more playing than actually rivalry, as both the little one and the big one seek it out. For instance, big cat will purposely wack her tail around in front of Lizzy because she knows she will start to try and catch it and then it's all tumbling and playful biting and shit.

It's when they start doing it at 2 AM and run over my bed and through the bedroom is when it gets annoying, heh.

Pictures:

After 13 months without a pet (my ex is looking after our one-eyed black cat, Clooney) I finally stopped procattinating and found this adorable little guy today. After much deliberation, I've decided to name him Brando.

2 years old and he loves to explore and jump on things, including my laptop keybaowfhwjbajbdkjbkdjbkBDKJBSDKJBKSJDBJDBF.

Lucius86

Banned
the cutest thing :(

such a pretty color

He's pimp and very handsome - considering what he has been through he's so confident and playful. The first night we had him he was very unwell as you would expect, and so so hungry he demolished his first dinner. When he is a bit bigger and the wound has had time to heal more (1-2 weeks) he will have his leg off, along with most likely his tail as he had lost almost all response with that as well.

Still, considering my girlfriend's clinic was considering putting him to sleep as he was in that bad a state, he's done remarkably well in the past week to get back on his feet again.

Wish we could keep him, pesky landlord.

soepje

Hey guys, no pics but i do have a cat related question so i thought i'll ask it here. I'd like some opinions.

When I took my cat to the vet for an unrelated issue the doc checked her teeth too and said they where bad and needed to be pulled (cat already lost a bunch of teeth, but after this she'll only have some front teeth left). The vet mentioned that she is in pain now, and of course we don't want that, so i made an appointment to get it done this friday.

Now the thing is, my cat doesn't show any signs of being in pain. She eats both solid and soft food, drinks enough and is active as ever for an oldie. She also doesn't mind it at all when you touch her cheeks or whatever, while i would assume there would be at least a bit of an reaction.

I´m not sure what to do now, i´m sure her teeth are not perfect anymore but at the same time she doesn't seem to be in any real pain and because she´s 16+ the chance she won't even make it through the operation and anesthetics is also bigger then if she was still a youngster.. So what do Cat-GAF? To operate or not to operate?

Hey guys, no pics but i do have a cat related question so i thought i'll ask it here. I'd like some opinions.

When I took my cat to the vet for an unrelated issue the doc checked her teeth too and said they where bad and needed to be pulled (cat already lost a bunch of teeth, but after this she'll only have some front teeth left). The vet mentioned that she is in pain now, and of course we don't want that, so i made an appointment to get it done this friday.

Now the thing is, my cat doesn't show any signs of being in pain. She eats both solid and soft food, drinks enough and is active as ever for an oldie. She also doesn't mind it at all when you touch her cheeks or whatever, while i would assume there would be at least a bit of an reaction.

I´m not sure what to do now, i´m sure her teeth are not perfect anymore but at the same time she doesn't seem to be in any real pain and because she´s 16+ the chance she won't even make it through the operation and anesthetics is also bigger then if she was still a youngster.. So what do Cat-GAF? To operate or not to operate?

I had the same issue with my cat. Initially I was put off by the price and concept of paying for dental surgery for a cat (who was 8 at the time) but the rescue I adopted him from ended up footing the bill for the extractions. After the surgery, the vet told me one tooth was so infected the cat flinched when she pulled it, even though he was under anesthesia. :( It made me really sad to think he had been suffering that much and I didn't know. Anyway, he recovered and he actually became much more energetic and lively. He's always been goofy and friendly, but now he acts like a kitten. It's been 3 years since his surgery and he's 11 now and he's still really active and has no problem with hard food (in fact he loves it and drives me crazy about it). Since you're cat is 16 I don't know how worth it is, but if the price isn't too insane and you can afford it, it might be worth it. My cat seems much happier.

soepje

I had the same issue with my cat. Initially I was put off by the price and concept of paying for dental surgery for a cat (who was 8 at the time) but the rescue I adopted him from ended up footing the bill for the extractions. After the surgery, the vet told me one tooth was so infected the cat flinched when she pulled it, even though he was under anesthesia. :( It made me really sad to think he had been suffering that much and I didn't know. Anyway, he recovered and he actually became much more energetic and lively. He's always been goofy and friendly, but now he acts like a kitten. It's been 3 years since his surgery and he's 11 now and he's still really active and has no problem with hard food (in fact he loves it and drives me crazy about it). Since you're cat is 16 I don't know how worth it is, but if the price isn't too insane and you can afford it, it might be worth it. My cat seems much happier.

Thanks for the reply! Glad to hear your cat is doing so much better. We decided to go for it too. I've owned the little bugger since she was a few weeks old and i'd honestly feel bad if she'd spend the rest of her days in pain. If she ain't hurting now i'm sure it would come later. Her bloodwork was alright too for a 16y/o, so hoping for the best. Today is the big day!

Silhouette

Well since I've been single since June, I've missed all my babies. Well you know I lost Samael a few months ago, it was hard deciding to get a new fur baby. Well I did. I present to you Silhouette.

i cant seem to find a proper cat thread on this site and im unable to make a thread. i just needed help regarding possibly adopting a cat. i am in the position to adopt a sphynx cat (hairless cat), although i live in a one bedroom apartment at the moment. Theres plenty of space and objects for the cat to interact with, my only concern is the litter box or the cat going to the bathroom where its not supposed to on occasion. in smaller one bedroom apartment would odor be a major problem even if i kept u with the litter box twice a day? i really dont want to make my apartment smell gross so im hesitant on adopting this cat because i dont necessarily want the smell of cat urine in my apartment. if anyone has any advice or help on this question thatd be great! i love cats, just dont know if im in the proper situation to take this one in :/

number47

i cant seem to find a proper cat thread on this site and im unable to make a thread. i just needed help regarding possibly adopting a cat. i am in the position to adopt a sphynx cat (hairless cat), although i live in a one bedroom apartment at the moment. Theres plenty of space and objects for the cat to interact with, my only concern is the litter box or the cat going to the bathroom where its not supposed to on occasion. in smaller one bedroom apartment would odor be a major problem even if i kept u with the litter box twice a day? i really dont want to make my apartment smell gross so im hesitant on adopting this cat because i dont necessarily want the smell of cat urine in my apartment. if anyone has any advice or help on this question thatd be great! i love cats, just dont know if im in the proper situation to take this one in :/
Youre already questioning it. Just don't get it.

Odor can be made manageable with the right litter and good maintenance. But a one bedroom apartment might be way to small. If you cat gets bored or anxious, you may see problem behavior like urinating outside the litter box, clawing furniture etc.

Odor can be made manageable with the right litter and good maintenance. But a one bedroom apartment might be way to small. If you cat gets bored or anxious, you may see problem behavior like urinating outside the litter box, clawing furniture etc.

yea thats what i didnt want is to stress the cat out and cause a headache for both of us.

Lucius86

Banned
He's pimp and very handsome - considering what he has been through he's so confident and playful. The first night we had him he was very unwell as you would expect, and so so hungry he demolished his first dinner. When he is a bit bigger and the wound has had time to heal more (1-2 weeks) he will have his leg off, along with most likely his tail as he had lost almost all response with that as well.

Still, considering my girlfriend's clinic was considering putting him to sleep as he was in that bad a state, he's done remarkably well in the past week to get back on his feet again.

Wish we could keep him, pesky landlord.

So, in the end we could keep him! And he's recovered so well he can even jump to catch his favourite toy with ease.

https://youtu.be/0X55-hfYQZg

The leg is still 'dead' - he has no sensation in it, and watching him run downstairs is a funny affair as his leg just sticks out.

Love him, he's a dude.

Top Bottom