• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iTunes: Songs blocked from being transferred to iPod?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for the iPod/iTunes users on GAF: I just bought a single from Oasis ("Fucking in the Bushes") and I can't transfer it to my iPod. Every other song works fine. Anyone have this problem with a song (purchased or otherwise)?

xsarien

daedsiluap
It's the iTunes taste filter. ;)

Seriously, make sure it's authorized. Or something. I don't have many iTMS songs, but the ones I do have transfer without a problem. Have you moved it to another computer recently?

xsarien said:
It's the iTunes taste filter. ;)

Seriously, make sure it's authorized. Or something. I don't have many iTMS songs, but the ones I do have transfer without a problem. Have you moved it to another computer recently?

Har har. :p Nope, just bought it and tried transferring and wham, no dice.

I noticed something about the songs now--if you right-click and choose "Get Info" you can see file details, including "Fairplay Version." I have no problem transferring Fairplay 1 files, but it seems Fairplay 2 can't be transferred. WTF?

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
you could burn/re-rip them, but that is annoying.

edit: perhaps you need to update iTunes or the iPod software?

scola said:
you could burn/re-rip them, but that is annoying.

edit: perhaps you need to update iTunes or the iPod software?

I updated to the latest version as soon as it was released. I guess I'll have to burn/rip while I wait for a response from Apple. What's interesting is that another "Fairplay 2" song I bought transferred fine.

shantyman

WHO DEY!?
I would reocmmend contacting the ITMS support group. They are fairly responsive (sadly, a big deal in today's day and age).

Vark

The only song that I have that won't transfer to my iPod was one of those free downloads where they were doing one free a day or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom