• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I've gone "casual"-- what have I missed?

So I have slowed my game-buying (and playing) to about 1/10th of what I used to do two+ years ago. Likewise, I stopped following reviews and news so much.

This is no biggie-- except, I wonder what I missed? If there's been another overlooked gem like Ico, I've probably missed it.

So, in other words, what great games have flown under the radar in the last 1-2 years?

I have a PS2, GBA and and Xbox, but feel free to mention Cube games, too.

8bit

Knows the Score
Good game, bit strange, lots of fun. Especially good for non gamers as it seems to appeal to them. Not in Euroland though, if that's where you are.

I'm in the US.

Also, it's not like I've been under a rock-- I just stopped being so compulsive in following news and reviews, so unless a game gets lots of attention, I can easily miss it. Since many of my favorite games are low-sellers*, I'm asking around.

* Ico, Rez, Devil Dice-- I tend to like quirky stuff.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Eyetoy for PS2. If you haven't heard anything about it - USB cam for the PS2 that's used to detect your movements in front of camera and translate into game actions. Several different games out at this point take advanatage, but most are collections of minigames.

Dave Long

Banned
Gungrave Overdose. It's better than the first one and if you like to shoot stuff you will definitely be satisfied. Only $14.99 too!

hanzo

Banned
I have been casual too. But recently, I picked up a PSTwo, Halo, GTA:SA, DOA:U, RE: Outbreak, and FFX. Now i have many things to play.

el jacko

Beyond Good & Evil. Best culmination of gaming ideas this gen, with an excellent world design. Ending's kinda lame, but it doesn't detract much (if at all). A must buy!

You can get it on any platform.

Top Bottom