• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jack Black not playing Green Lantern?

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.millarworld.net/index.php?showtopic=31514&st=220

QUOTE(Ronnie J. @ Aug 6 2004, 08:05 AM)
Just got the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly in the mail today (the one with Julia Robers cover)

There is a full page story on page 18 called "COMICS RELIEF: DC takes a page from Marvel's superhero movie magic"

And it states:

Regarding the GL Movie:

"But Fret not, True Believers! Warner Bros. and Black say its all rumor: 'I took a meeting with someone who has the rights, but there's no [Green Lantern] script', the actor Tells EW.

I'd be interested if there wa a really good writer attached, but its far from a done deal."

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
There is a note up at my comic book store and it's been there for awhile and its not a pleasantly written one that Jack Black was playing Green Lantern... suffice to say the comic nerds were not happy.

Alucard

Banned
He had a meeting with the people who have the rights, so there is still a chance that it may happen. I hope not.

MASB

The Faceless Master said:
IAWTP
they should get will smith instead...
That would be good, if only so people could place bets on what point in the movie Will yells his trademark "Aww, Hell no!" ;)

Jim Bowie

Why in HELL would they even consider casting Black as GL? That just seems like a poor choice. I mean, I love JB, but as the Green Lantern? Heaven's no.

I'll give somebody $20 if they cast Black as The Flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom