• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jacob Jones and the Bigfoot mystery |OT| There is a Bigfoot in this game.

ReaperXL7

Jacob Jones and the bigfoot mystery is an episodic puzzle adventure somewhat similar to games like the Professor Layton series. Its been created by Lucid entertainment who is comprised of ex-bizzare devs who.are responsible for games like Project Gothem Racing, and Blur.

jacobjoneslogo.png

Jacob isn't one to mix with other kids, he prefers the great outdoors and the company of his parents, so spending his summer with a load of weird kids at Summer Camp isn't exactly his idea of fun, However, when he stumbles upon the mysterious Bigfoot, his summer takes on a whole new twist.Jacob Jones and the Bigfoot Mystery is an episodic adventure brimming with weird and wonderful characters and a host of brain teasing puzzles.

8680498339_e2bcc6a994_z.jpg

BrVMNF6P6st80EglMeI8.jpeg

Release Date: May 14, 2013

Platforms PSVita/IOS

MSRP: 2.99

ESRB: E10+ (Everyone 10 and older)

Genre: Puzzle/Adventure

Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment

Developer: Lucid Games

Number of planned Episodes: 5

Reviews:

Pocket Gamer:7/10
http://m.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/PS+Vita/Jacob+Jones+and+the+Bigfoot+Mystery/review.asp?c=50821

Thesixthaxis: 7/10
http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/05/14/review-jacob-jones-and-the-bigfoot-mystery-ps-vita/

PushSquare: 8/10
http://www.pushsquare.com/reviews/p...gfoot_mystery_episode_one_a_bump_in_the_night

Im still really early into this so far but im enjoying it quite abit, the world and characters seem fairly charming, puzzle seem like good headscratchers.This first episode seems to be about 4 hours long but its $3, and imo seems worth it.

I've been looking forward to this. I like anything with a bigfoot in it. Will be getting it for my phone or tablet if it isn't universal.

VanWinkle

Cool that there is a thread. I just finished it. It was really quite fantastic. I'm still having trouble comprehending that it was only $3. It's no masterpiece, but it's a must buy for the price.

Diebuster

Is there any way to regain lost merit points? The point cap stays reduced even when going through the puzzle again.

Leeness

Is this not out on iOS yet? I just spotted the topic and thought it looked interesting. I can't find it on the App Store yet though.

ReaperXL7

Cool that there is a thread. I just finished it. It was really quite fantastic. I'm still having trouble comprehending that it was only $3. It's no masterpiece, but it's a must buy for the price.

I agree so far, though I still have much to do. I just picked up Thomas was alone and was considering doing an OT for that aswell, but it may be too late for that. people can complain all they like but im just loving indies on Vita personally.

dose

Nice graphical style, definitely interested, but I'm not into episodic gaming whatsoever. I want to be immersed and play through a game in one go rather than revisitng and trying to remember what went on in the last episode. I'll wait for the whole season to be released first.

nampad

Finished it. For two bucks it was a good buy. Like the humor and the artstyle is cute. Overall the puzzles aren't that difficult, only got stuck on the pizza puzzle. Thought pepperoni meant those green chili peppers, thats how they are called here... Still disliked the puzzle because you could cut the pizza differently which the game won't recognize. I missed the bracelet puzzle in my playthrough and did it afterwards, which had a strange logic.

The game seems to stutter at little and the touch only controls messed me up sometimes. Then there are some small background things in puzzles that can get annoying. Also the 'did he get it right' scene after the puzzle was funny once or twice but not all the time.

Definitely gonna buy the next episode. Will there be some kind of savegame import?

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Guys for 1.99€ you have really no reasons to not buy it! It's a really good and charming game!

Fun little game, can't argue with the price.

Rather surprised to see Sony publishing the Vita version, considering Lucid still owns the copyright and is releasing it on iOS. I think that's a first, or at least something that hasn't happened in a very long time. Normally Sony requires IP ownership for titles they publish. Anyone know if XDev is credited on the iOS version?

hurzelein

Fun little game. Feeling dumb and I hate to say it but I am stuck at the pizza slicing part. Cant find a solution online. Can anyone help?

legbone

Fun little game. Feeling dumb and I hate to say it but I am stuck at the pizza slicing part. Cant find a solution online. Can anyone help?

sorry, i can't help you out with the puzzle but don't feel bad. you are like the third person i have heard having trouble with the pizza part. it must be tricky. so don't feel dumb.

Was wondering if an OT was gonna go up. Bought this game based on the screenshots and the price point alone. I was having fun with the game, but I can't seem to get past the uhh cell game? Or whatever the one is called where you have to pick out the different organism. I got burned out at that point, I will return to the game later today and try to make my way through it again.

I'm really enjoying the art style and the humor is just the right kind of quirky. Hopefully the rest of the episodes come out at a reasonable pace and we will not be waiting too long for the next entry.

RpgN

Bought the game, played it pretty much in one go except when I had to go for dinner. It was crazy addictive and well worth the price. The characters are charming, graphics are impressive. Puzzles are very interesting. I'm definitely ready for more.

BUT

It's not perfect, here are things they could have added or improved.

-The game would benefit greatly with a zoom in function.
-I'd have loved if there was a first person mode where you can control the camera freely or at least look more around you without leaving the area/screen you're in, this is more important than zoom in function imo.
-While touch controls work for these type of games, sometimes you make mistakes when you move to a different screen by mistake. They could have polished this further or added buttons.
-Game has some weird slow down/framerate drops in certain places or in cutscenes. I'm not sure if they could have done much about this since the game looks gorgeous. That said, it's not very distracting and it doesn't happen often.

I'm very impressed with the game to say the least. It came out of nowhere and the price entry is very inviting. It would be great if they keep this price point for the rest of the episodes but they gave hints that the price will change depending on the scope. To me it sounds like they're going to raise the price anyways, first episode was the best way to introduce the game to players with that price.

Time to play a second playthrough to get all merits trophy. The one with collecting all cans seems pretty difficult. That's where zoom in and first person view could have helped :(

Keep in mind you don't need to have exact 4 pieces with your slices. You can divide the pizza in 6 pieces and it would be fine. One of the guys only wants a fish, his piece is very small. Another only has pepperoni, another has a big piece with all kinds of vegetable in them. Jacob gets a mix of everything and it wouldn't matter.

Was wondering if an OT was gonna go up. Bought this game based on the screenshots and the price point alone. I was having fun with the game, but I can't seem to get past the uhh cell game? Or whatever the one is called where you have to pick out the different organism. I got burned out at that point, I will return to the game later today and try to make my way through it again.

I'm really enjoying the art style and the humor is just the right kind of quirky. Hopefully the rest of the episodes come out at a reasonable pace and we will not be waiting too long for the next entry.

In case you want to figure this out yourself, here's a spoiler:

One of the organism moves in a different direction, you can tell by the tail going down instead of up. It's the one in the lower left side, more in the middle.

Bikram

It's a good tactic to keep the price low for the first episode. More and more people will play it and will buy the next episodes.

RpgN

I was on the fence and...thanks to you guys it's downloading now.

Exciting. You're probably going to like it (I hope). Don't forget to leave some impressions once you do get to play it!

don't appreciate how the game has no Undo (a Step) button
or retry mission button

Agreed about the undo button with certain puzzles, but reset is pretty much retry, no?

Cha

I don't think I've ever hated Pizza so much! Eventually figured it out, but that puzzle was rough.

This game is rather charming, but despite how it looks, the puzzles can get tricky. Besides the main game, looking around for cans is also fun. Just wished the camera reacted to rotation along the Y-axis instead of the Z-axis. Can't wait for the next episode :)

reminder

Bought it yesterday and love it so far. Only played for an hour or so. Currently stuck at the puzzle with the lunchboxes, toys and bags. Used all three calls already and i just couldn't get it. But it was late and i'll give it another try today.

lol finding all the garbage cans in this game is BULLSHIT !

The trophy forums are at 149 cans now , no trophy for all cans yet. They are hunting for that last can wtf. I can't find it either but I'm not done with the game yet.

Otherwise a very very enjoying title. I like Billy.

EDIT: nvm the guy in the ps3trophies.org thread found the last one and is the first in the world to complete it 100% lol.

Yeah it popped. Im the first 100% on psn profiles. I rechecked every spot in the guide and came up one short and resolved that the developers had to have stuck it in the background like a bunch of dicks. It literally looks like a dot. I wasnt even sure it was a can when i tapped on it.

Dat nextgen pixelhunt.

In case you want to figure this out yourself, here's a spoiler:

One of the organism moves in a different direction, you can tell by the tail going down instead of up. It's the one in the lower left side, more in the middle.

I feel very stupid, I was focusing on other aspects of the little organisms and wasn't paying any attention to
movement
at all. Thanks for the head's up on that.

stolin

Is this entirely touch or does it benefit from buttons? Wondering whether to get it on vita or iPad

I played through the first episode on Vita. The game needs a button control option. The gameplay is mostly Professor Layton... but without a stylus and it's rough. At least buttons would give you more precision than fingers. Tapping the same "hidden" soda can 10 times to get it to register isn't fun, it's annoying. Use touch to highlight an area and then give me stick control for precision.

It's charming, I'll play more episodes.

Top Bottom