• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jacob Jones and the Bigfoot mystery |OT| There is a Bigfoot in this game.

VanWinkle

Any chance it will show up for Android?

Who knows. May depend on how well it does on iOS. Been out 12 hours there and still has zero ratings on the App Store. Vita version had at least 20 or 30 ratings by then (in the US) with 1/100th of the devices that iOS has. I guess that's the nice thing about having a store with so much less content on it.

maverick40

Seriously guys, I am stuck on this stupid pizza puzzle for the last 20 minutes. I make a slice with just pepperoni and the ugly ginger guy keeps saying "ugh mushrooms"

RpgN

Ugh, I've collected 149 cans on the second playthrough and I'm only missing 1. This is so frustrating! It's not the one near the councillor cabin, but I think (really not sure) I'm missing one in the woods before entering Airfield if that list those guys made at PS3 trophies are right. I went through their list and didn't quite follow everything. If anyone knows cans that are very easy to miss in that area, your help would be very welcome :(

I feel very stupid, I was focusing on other aspects of the little organisms and wasn't paying any attention to
movement
at all. Thanks for the head's up on that.

I had that too at first, sometimes we make things more complicated than they really are XD And you're welcome!

Seriously guys, I am stuck on this stupid pizza puzzle for the last 20 minutes. I make a slice with just pepperoni and the ugly ginger guy keeps saying "ugh mushrooms"
The other kids want two slices each, while Jacob will have to settle for what's left. I'd suggest you start with the anchovies, as there are only two of them on the pizza.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Enjoyed it a lot, and double dipped on vita and iPad so my kids could play. Might go iPad only for the remaining episodes. Not sure ill bother going for the trophies, there were a couple of times I accidentally hit the submit button, or the abacus beads 'bounced' and it registered 2 instead of 20 and I don't want it to mess up at the last moment.

can you restart the story with the same save game, or do you need to do a new one each time? There are a few puzzles I didn't unlock first time through

RpgN

Enjoyed it a lot, and double dipped on vita and iPad so my kids could play. Might go iPad only for the remaining episodes. Not sure ill bother going for the trophies, there were a couple of times I accidentally hit the submit button, or the abacus beads 'bounced' and it registered 2 instead of 20 and I don't want it to mess up at the last moment.

can you restart the story with the same save game, or do you need to do a new one each time? There are a few puzzles I didn't unlock first time through

You can not restart the story with the same save, though you can load the same save to play the puzzles you unlocked. The puzzles you didn't unlock the first time are easy to miss but you can unlock them on your first playthrough. I think you can play the puzzles you missed when you load the same save file and select them through the menu. At least that's what I read somewhere.

Just finished, only missed a couple trophies. The game is adorable looking and the puzzles were fun. I felt like some of the dialogue was really unnecessarily long though.

wilflare

replaying this to get all the trophies.
can we just replay them from the Pause menu or... must I restart the game (cause I did the latter)

EDIT: almost 90mins later. replayed with a guide and got all the trophies
you need 150credits to get all the cans!

wouwie

This is a surprisingly nice game (for such a cheap price). I'm playing the vita version and i'm having fun. The game is cute and looks nice. It has a surprising amount of text/voice/dialogue.

I haven't finished it yet but i'm looking forward to the next episodes. It's going to be interesting to see if the developers can keep this game entertaining during the entire 5 episodes. Has anything been said about when the next episodes are going to be released?

hurzelein

Finished it yesterday. The 1,99 price point, 3D Graphics and some "its good, for that price play it!"-recommendations made me buy it.

I liked it, it's certainly not the Walking-Dead-Adventure, but playing it reminded me somehow of it. Also it cetainly has more parallels with Professor Leighton.
Probably because I havent played many Adventure Games in my life (Monkey Island 1, a few hours Leighton on 3DS).

Was really suprised how much time I needed to play it through. Got stuck at the pizza puzzle for some time, but I think I solved the other puzzles in normal time, can't remember that I was afk while playing it. Now my save says >3 hours!

Voice acting/Dialouge was really great, but sometimes I had the feeling the dialouge was even too long/contained too many unnecessary details.
I love that physiscal education teacher! Voice of Rufus was also great, the voice reminded me of some Wanna-be-Italian-gangster!

Despite from cutting the dialouge in a few parts I would like to see two improvements:

When the arrow in the right bottom corner appears, the button to go the next scene of dialouge, make it clickable on the whole screen! Sometimes I was lying in bed, holding it with my other hand, was not really comfortable to have to grab the vita with the other hand.
Second: Make it physical-button playable. We dont need the puzzles playable with buttons (these are mainly touch-controlled puzzles), but clicking to the next scene of dialouge with a simple X-Press shouldnt be too hard to implement.

Maybe the developers read here in this thread, I know I would.

wouwie

Just finished the first episode and had a surprising amount of fun with this. The presentation is great and the puzzles were fun overall. I'm kind of suprised at how nice this turned out to be and i'm really looking forward to the next episode now. I hope it won't be too long until it gets released.

anddo0

Can you redo puzzles?

I messed up on "A Note of Friendship" and it won't let me retry.

edit: damn, I'll have to replay it.

It also sucks you can't track your total amount of cans collected.

Where is the Circuit Training puzzle?

Edit: lol found it right after I posted, after looking for ten minutes. Can't believe I didn't see it.

Hanmik

Pity nothing was said about the release date/interval of the next episodes. I'm really looking forward to the next episodes.

same here.. got a review copy, but plan on buying the upcoming episodes.. because I enjoyed myself..

drspeedy

Just picked this up last night- its great! Best $0.99 I've spent on a game in a whille, can't wait for episode 2

I'm playing this at the moment and it's such a cute, well-written, likable little game. Took me ages to get around to it, but I'm already looking forward to the next chapter. Some of the puzzles are really neat too.

sakipon

This is on Asian PS+ right now, so I tried it for fun with low expectations. Hadn't read about this game much so I was really surprised! Interesting characters, nice voice acting, the great feeling of a point & click adventure. Puzzles were fun to solve, and not as simple/easy as I thought they'd be (though they weren't hard either).

Played this first one with the membership but I'll be buying the next chapter.

hurzelein

Question is if this will even come out anytime. Haven't heard anything from chapter 2 way too long. Hope they didn't cancel it or something.

Idk, for such small projects I often think why developers aren't more active in the gaming community. 1-2 posts in this thread a month and I guess 10-100 people would appreciate it.

TJP

Jacob Jones is available on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/264400/ and episodes 1 & 2 are available in a bundle for $6.99 USD.

Other than resolution, there aren't any other graphical options and you need to use KB and mouse to navigate (Xbox controller wasn't recognised). Looks great, plays well and puzzles are fun.

hurzelein

Jacob Jones is available on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/264400/ and episodes 1 & 2 are available in a bundle for $6.99 USD.

Other than resolution, there aren't any other graphical options and you need to use KB and mouse to navigate (Xbox controller wasn't recognised). Looks great, plays well and puzzles are fun.

Very disappointed that there is no sign of Episode 2 coming to the Vita. Guess the first 1 didn't sell.

TJP

The answer from Lucid on Steam regarding the Vita version: "There's no 100% decision either way as there are also a lot more complications than you would think that we're not in a position to go into here. However we'll be the first to update when we have any news on Ep2 for Vita."

As for the game, I think it's a really solid puzzle game. Some of the people hyped for Lucid Games first release (which we all hoped would be PGR) should get behind this release as it's a very good release.

Top Bottom