• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jadeveon Clowny gets 2nd Speeding Ticket in the month of December for 29 over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
USA Today

South Carolina star Jadeveon Clowney gets another speeding ticket

South Carolina defensive star Jadeveon Clowney received another speeding ticket on Thursday morning, according to The State.

According to the Columbia police report obtained by the newspaper, Clowney was stopped around 10:30 a.m. because he was going 84 miles per hour in a 55-mph speed zone.

Clowney was given a $355 ticket for that offense and his second citation could mean a suspended drivers license based on accumulative points against his driving record.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=10198336

South Carolina's Steve Spurrier was asked about Clowney's latest ticket after the team landed in Orlando, and the coach did not sound too concerned.

He needs to go to driving school, doesn't he? Somebody told me he got another speeding ticket today," Spurrier said. "At least he'll have enough money to pay for it a week or so from now. He needs to go to driving school. Hopefully they'll send him there after the bowl game

slabrock

Banned
He has the look of a coach killer. All the talent in the world but doesn't seem to have the maturity to make use of it.

RBH

COLUMBIA, S.C. -- Video from a traffic stop shows South Carolina star defensive end Jadeveon Clowney telling an officer he had just three minutes to make it to the stadium when he was stopped for doing almost 30 mph over the speed limit.

The dashboard camera video was released Friday by Columbia police, a day after Clowney was stopped on Interstate 26 about 6 miles from Williams-Brice Stadium. The Gamecocks were gathering there to travel to Florida for the Capital One Bowl against Wisconsin on Jan. 1.

The officer tells Clowney he was clocked doing 84 mph in a 55 mph zone. Clowney tells him he was trying to get to the stadium before the team left.

The traffic stop happened about an hour before the Gamecocks flew to Florida for the Jan. 1 Capital One Bowl against Wisconsin.
The game will be the junior's last for the Gamecocks as he leaves school early for the NFL draft.

At the end of the video, Clowney switches places and lets a passenger drive.

It's Clowney's second ticket in three weeks. On Dec. 7, state troopers say, Clowney was going 110 mph in a 70 mph zone.
http://espn.go.com/college-football...amecocks-told-police-officer-was-late-stadium

Does this seriously matter? It's one thing if he was drunk driving or something .. but ... speeding tickets? Sure, speeding is dangerous.. but.. eh.

Sorry, I haven't followed if Clowny has had other run-ins with the law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom