• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jay and Silent Bob: Mall Brawl coming to Switch on May 7th, 2020

Bullet Club

Banned
Jay and Silent Bob: Mall Brawl coming to Switch on May 7th, 2020

Snootch to the nootch!

Play as Jay and Silent Bob in a retro 8-bit sidescrolling brawler. Go solo or team up with a friend. Pummel enemies with hard-hitting combos, dash attacks, and elbow drops as well as a random assortment of weapons as you battle your way out of the mall and back to the Quickstop.

Jay and Silent Bob: Mall Brawl comes to Switch on May 7th, 2020, and it's priced at $15. The title takes up 140 MB of space.

Source: Go Nintendo

Jay and Silent Bob: Mall Brawl is a full 8-bit retro beat-em-up experience with big levels, big bosses, dope combos, and irreverent references to the View Askewniverse. Mall Brawl can be played solo in a 1 player experience where you swap between both Jay and Silent Bob strategically or played with a buddy, in a 2 player co-operative experience, where you fight your way through mallrats, delinquents and security guards to find your way out of the mall and back to the Quickstop.

Features
  • Authentic Retro 8-bit Action
  • 2 Player Couch Co-op
  • Single Player Swappable Action Strategy
  • Unorthodox weapon brandishing tactics
  • Rogues gallery of View Askew Enemies
  • A boss with a huge fist
  • A boss with a pretzel for a head
  • Contemporary gameplay mechanics
  • Crisp original chiptune soundtrack
Characters
  • Jay
  • Silent Bob
  • Adoughbo
Story

After the incident from the mall that shall remain nameless, the two hetero lifemates are being man hunted by chief rent-a-cop and his off duty officers. Jay and Silent Bob must fight their way through precarious situations in the mall to escape and make it to the Quickstop.

4CuolFz.jpg

LwjWphm.jpg

A4r7R2k.jpg

teezzy

Banned
Playing this on Steam now

So much better than the cheap cash grab I was anticipating

First and foremost, the music bangs. You can pick between Arcade or NES-like graphics and various borders and CRT filters.

The game plays like a very earnest blend of Double Dragon 2, Battletoads, and River City Ransom but is simultaneously a love letter to Mallrats, etc

As someone who grew up with those games, this is awesome

Very solid stuff. I'll be buying Chronic Blunt Punch game on day one due to having so much fun here

Hidden gem. Sop glad it didn't suck, quite the opposite actually if you're into NES-style beat em ups

JayK47

First I have heard of this. So weird that this is even real. I would totally grab this for free on the Epic game store.

Top Bottom