• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jessica Simpson landing another movie role..... X-Men 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

3phemeral

July 14th, 2004
Jessica Simpson Joins The X-men
Singing beauty Jessica Simpson has landed a role in the third X-Men movie, just weeks after bagging a part in The Dukes Of Hazard. The Newlyweds: Nick and Jessica singer has proved to be a huge hit with producers and will play a mutant superhero called Dazzler alongside Hugh Jackman's Wolverine. A source says, "Jessica sent an audition tape and producers were impressed. "They will possibly give her a small role in X-Men 3 as a lounge-singer to introduce the character of Dazzler."

TeenHollywood.com

She could possible pass off as her... visually -- I guess, but I'm sure there are better choices out there. Not sure how reliable this is, but I sincerely hope it's not true. *_* Who knows, perhaps she could be surprisingly good -- I'm not too familiar with the Dazzler character.

Speaking of which, didn't anyone hear that ridiculous news blip where her publicist claimed how there's a possibility that Jessica could be a Genius because of her rumored 160+ IQ? Haha, it's amazing what they're trying to do to recover her public image of air-headedness. ^_^

Pellham

Banned
there is no way in hell Jessica is a genius. I went to high school with her, and she is every bit as airheaded as her show makes her look.

OmniGamer

Dazzler doesn't suck...but Jessica Simpson as Dazzler definitely does. Wow, she's blond and she sings...she MUST be Dazzler *rolleyes*. X3 doesn't need her ditzing it up...get a newbie dammit...worked wonders for Hugh Jackman/Wolverine.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Suranga3 said:
Because storm is a african-american women.

THANKS FOR THE INFO HOOKUP!!!!

and actually, I'm pretty sure Storm never applied for US citizenship

3phemeral

OmniGamer said:
Dazzler doesn't suck...but Jessica Simpson as Dazzler definitely does. Wow, she's blond and she sings...she MUST be Dazzler *rolleyes*. X3 doesn't need her ditzing it up...get a newbie dammit...worked wonders for Hugh Jackman/Wolverine.

I definitely think this should be the way to go. The X-men franchise does well enough without the support of another type-casted actress. If she can pull it off without having constantly remind everyone of sea-chicken and mutant buffalo, then maybe -- but her bimbo image is so ingrained in her success that I don't think it would be the likely case. o_O

ShadowRed

Banned
"I thought she was an African queen/goddess something..."

Yeap she was. She was born in the US, her parents were missionaries that were killed in Africa and she was adopted by a tribe. The tribe thought she was a Goddess when her powers manifested.

OmniGamer

Storm is the descendant of an ancient line of African priestesses, all of whom have white hair, blue eyes, and the potential to wield magic. Her mother, N'Dare, was the princess of a tribe in Kenya who married American photojournalist David Munroe and moved with him to Manhattan, where Ororo was born. When Ororo was six months old, she and her parents moved to Cairo, Egypt. Five years later, their home was destroyed by a bomb during the Arab-Israeli conflict. Ororo's parents were killed, but she survived, buried under rubble near her mother's body. This traumatizing effect left Ororo with the severe claustrophobia that still afflicts her today.

From here

Diablos

Pellham - did she always cut class and hang with the wrong people and get hooked on drugs? :p Was she a bitch? Nice? Shy? Outgoing? Is she as hot as she is on TV? Are her boobs bigger now than they were then (confirming that she prolly got implants)? Spill the dirt!!

Where did you go to HS? Don't need an exact location, but just a general area.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Hell, if you wanna go the pop singer route, why not Gwen Stefani as Dazzler? Better stage presence by miles, at least.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Ninja Scooter said:
is Dazzler the bitch from the Konami Xmen arcade game? Isn't she just a poor fanboy's version of Jubilee?

How is that possible--Dazzler pre-dates Jubilee by at least 15 years IIRC...

Pellham - did she always cut class and hang with the wrong people and get hooked on drugs? Was she a bitch? Nice? Shy? Outgoing? Is she as hot as she is on TV? Are her boobs bigger now than they were then (confirming that she prolly got implants)? Spill the dirt!!

Where did you go to HS? Don't need an exact location, but just a general area.

She went to a high school in Richardson, a suburb of Dallas. My brother didn't go to high school with her, but he went to another school in Richardson at the same time she did. He met her once and said that he didn't really notice too much about her other than she was average looking and didn't look near as hot as she does now. Pretty, but nothing close to what she is now after 5 or 6 years and a Hollywood makeover.

I hear a lot of stories from people that knew her or went to school with her, but I don't really know what to believe seeing as I just now finished high school and I'm sure a lot of those stories got stretched out over time.

However I'm pretty sure she did dropout midway through her junior year. So I guess you could say she cut a lot of classes.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Who cares if Simpson is dumb, since when were actresses that smart anyway? She might be able to act, sounds like she wont have to act much to play this role anyway so it'll be fine. Plus more eye candy, AND a few extra teeny poppers interested in seeing the movie, its all good.

OmniGamer

Ghost said:
Who cares if Simpson is dumb, since when were actresses that smart anyway? She might be able to act, sounds like she wont have to act much to play this role anyway so it'll be fine. Plus more eye candy, AND a few extra teeny poppers interested in seeing the movie, its all good.

Personally, i'm against this rampant cross-medium crap...every damn entertainer has to be an actor/actress or something and vice/versa. It's not hard to get a decent no-name or small time actress for the part, but instead, they want to try to hop on "what's hot". Oooh I know, let's have Usher as Bishop! Hillary Duff can be Kitty Pryde! I'd rather the roles have a timeless feel, rather than flavor-of-the-month hacks. I don't want to watch X3 on DVD 10 years from now and remember "you like my stinky ass".

Pellham

Banned
she was just a blonde airhead, and was not in any honors classes. Hanged out with jocks, i know a kid that made out with her, I bet he feels lucky.

I sold my yearbook on ebay because it had Jessica Simpson in it. I still have my junior high yearbook that has her pic in it, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom