• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jody Hill's next movie: "L.A.P.I.", starring Danny McBride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Costanza

Banned
ROUGH HOUSE ENLISTS ‘L.A. P.I.’

Michael Diliberti & Matthew Sullivan To Write Original Action-Comedy

Principals Jody Hill Attached To Direct & Danny McBride Attached To Star

Los Angeles (February 4, 2010) – Rough House Pictures head of production Matt Reilly announced today that the company has acquired ‘L.A.P.I.’, an action-comedy pitch from writers Michael Diliberti and Matthew Sullivan (BREWSTER’S MILLIONS), through Rough House’s deal with Mandate Pictures. Rough House principal Jody Hill (OBSERVE AND REPORT) is attached to direct and principal Danny McBride (UP IN THE AIR, TROPIC THUNDER) is attached to star. Principal David Gordon Green (PINEAPPLE EXPRESS), Hill, McBride and Reilly will produce. Mandate President Nathan Kahane will executive produce. Details of the plot are being kept under wraps, apart fromMcBride starring as a beaten down, hard boiled P.I. in the action-comedy.

L.A.P.I. is the first project to be developed under the new label formed by David Gordon Green, Jody Hill and Danny McBride. The co-venture seeks to produce high concept comedies with their brand of humor. Combining their creative filmmaking with Mandate Pictures’ financing and producing expertise, the company seeks to establish itself as a hub for exciting and bold comedic voices.

Michael Diliberti and Matthew Sullivan, who had two scripts on the 2009 unofficial Black List, are co-writing BREWSTER’S MILLIONS, the latest take on the George Barr McCutcheon novel, which is set up at Warner Bros. The duo got the job coming off the buzz generated by their spec COMIC CON, an action-comedy about a group of friends who plan and execute a daring heist at Comic-Con in San Diego. The scribes met while attending the Johns Hopkins University. Sullivan segued into stand-up comedy, while Diliberti worked as an assistant, first to Scott Rudin and then to John Lesher. He acted as an associate producer on the Rudin-produced STOP-LOSS, and was a creative executive at Paramount.
Foot Fist Way, Observe & Report and Eastbound & Down are all goddamn amazing. I can't wait.

Eastbound & Down is my favorite show since Arrested Development went off the air - and it's not even close. I put it right up there as one of the best "new" TV comedies ever - e.g. The Office UK, Arrested Development, Curb Your Enthusiasm, etc.

Hopefully this doesn't fuck up the second season of Eastbound. I'll be sort of crushed if it doesn't live up to the first season.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Loved Foot Fist Way and Eastbound and Down. Didn't really enjoy Observe and Report but I am still pumped for a Jody Hill and Danny McBride collaboration.

I'll watch anything by Jody Hill and Mcbride. Since Hill didn't write this one, I'm not too pumped about the story though. I guess it's not gonna be a "delusional loser" movie this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom