• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"The Nice Guys" Being Developed As Female-Led Contemporary TV Series for FOX

Fluloco

I mean, The Nice Guys was just a buddy cop movie with a really good witty script and awesome performances by the leads. Like, it didn't create any new genre or anything (I LOVE it, don't misread this)

So, a TV show based around that is just... the standard two partner police procedural show that has been existing for ages, but with crazier storylines and two woman leads?

So to be clear -

- It's not set in the 1970s
- Different characters
- No Crowe or Gosling
- Being pitched as a drama, not a comedy
- Shane Black not involved

How is this based on The Nice Guys, exactly? Sounds like a pretty standard procedural that just wants to evoke the same tone as the film, while also using the name.

Can't wait for FOX's tv adaptaion of LOTR

- set in the future
- in space
- tall aliens as the hobbits
- one of them wears a ring. it's because he's married

K' Dash

So to be clear -

- Different characters
- No Crowe or Gosling

How is this based on The Nice Guys, exactly? Sounds like a pretty standard procedural that just wants to evoke the same tone as the film, while also using the name.

The fuck, how does this have anything to do with Nice Guys?

Love the movie. Really surprised me but this seems a bit out of left field. Half the fun was the performance by Crowe and Gosling. Unless the daughter is the main character except the reason the daughter was funny was in contrast to the two leads (mostly Ryan Gosling) fumbling through everything. If it's good it's good but I don't have super high hopes in network tv.

Raptomex

I may watch it. I went into the movie blind and really enjoyed it. I just knew Shane Black was behind it. Love his work.

droggg

So to be clear -

- Different characters
- No Crowe or Gosling

ugh really? hype diminished real quick....

Gattsu25

Banned
So to be clear -

- Different characters
- No Crowe or Gosling

Only the last two bullet points are dealbreakers for me and, even then, The Nice Guys could be argued to be a drama.. just a really funny one. So we'll see.

Davey Cakes

The Nice Guys caught me be surprise. I loved it. The performances by Crowe and especially Gosling were PERFECT.

Why does it need an adaptation that misses the point?

I'm down for a female buddy cop show but I'm still gonna need that Nice Guys sequel down the line.

Too bad this is a network show though. Chances of it being good are slim to none. And yes, I watched a few episodes of Lethal Weapon. Didn't care for it.

So to be clear -

- Different characters
- No Crowe or Gosling

So it's either another Cagney & Lacy or Rizzoli & Isles. I'll pass.

Why did they not just set it during the 90s with the daughter grown up and becoming a detective like her dad? Come on Fox, this shit writes itself.

Top Bottom