• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joe Scarbrough: Donald Trump considering Governor Nikki Haley for Secretary of State

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripon

https://twitter.com/JoeNBC/status/798979865605210112

l2DYvVj.png

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/16/politics/donald-trump-nikki-haley-transition/index.html

CNN is saying that Trump is considering Secretary of state and other positions for Haley.
Washington (CNN)South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley is under consideration by President-elect Donald Trump for secretary of state, and other cabinet positions, a transition source told CNN Wednesday, despite their rocky history.

Trump is going to meet with Haley, former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger, Florida Gov. Rick Scott, Cincinnati Mayor Ken Blackwell, Admiral Mike Rogers and Rep. Jeb Hensarling on Thursday, according to Trump's communication director Jason Miller and Republican National Committee spokesman Sean Spicer.

sphagnum

Banned
Well, she's better than the other choices I guess. At least she is willing to be against the Confederate flag so she's not totally deplorable.

This is honestly the best option he has proposed thus far and I will be as happy as is possible considering the circumstances if he chooses her over Bolton or Giuliani.

EMT0

Banned
He's meeting with Kissinger?

Well LatinAmericaGAF, cover your asses, we're about to get fucked again.

Zubz

Banned
I wonder if the people that voted to "drain the swamp" will ever have that moment of clarity and realize they just reinforced it? Or did they ever even care?

Hexa

I think we're literally going to end up going through absolutely everyone possible for every position before we know. lol

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I wonder if the people that voted to "drain the swamp" will ever have that moment of clarity and realize they just reinforced it? Or did they ever even care?

That would depend on if they consider Nikki part of the swamp, or a contributor to it.

If they think the swamp consists of any politician ever, then maybe yes.

If they think the swamp consists of lobbyists or cronies whose only contribution is money and influence peddling, then maybe no.

RPGCrazied

That would depend on if they consider Nikki part of the swamp, or a contributor to it.

If they think the swamp consists of any politician ever, then maybe yes.

If they think the swamp consists of lobbyists or cronies whose only contribution is money and influence peddling, then maybe no.

drain the swamp is also establishment. She is establishment.

devilhawk

It saddens me that people are not fighting the Bannon pick, after that he feels that he can do whatever he can.
Advisors are not confirmed by the Senate while cabinet members and the AG are, which is why you hear much more about those positions and any objections.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
drain the swamp is also establishment. She is establishment.
That also depends how Trump's base defines what "establishment" really means to them. I've said many times about how one of Trump's techniques is to be as vague as possible so that his supporters fill in the blanks with whatever they think sounds good.

I don't know what percentage of Trump voters would describe Nikki as establishment, but I'm pretty sure enough would not consider her too establishment since she's not a stereotypical career politician, and she's not an old white guy.

Ha! Well that's better than the alternatives he's listed, that's for sure!

Just according to keikaku. When the names of a lot of terrible choices are floated around as possibilities, the more moderate ones automatically start off looking okay, just by virtue of comparison.

Incarmine

Banned

They already believe the media is full of lies, so they won't believe it.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Is Haley qualified to be Secretary of State? No

Is she substantially better than the parade of clowns previously mentioned in conjunction with the position? Arguably yes.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Does nobody want a job in Trump's cabinet? Theres like 3 people floated for each position every day.

1. Part of Trump's strategy is to spread FUD. Leaking a bunch of potential names does this.

2. Names leak all the time anyway, for a variety of reasons, from many people who like to think they're insiders.

3. The media are in a heightened state of frenzy and so are going to report on even the barest of scraps.

4. The more crazier the rumored names sound, the less crazy the eventual choice will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom