• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

John Favreau's 'The Mandalorian and Grogu' about to begin filming

Peggies

Gold Member
Kinda off topic but 🤷‍♂️

JZCZv7l.jpeg

BlackTron

Hopefully Disney finally answer the question that's on all our minds, whats Grogu's gender pronouns
They're just getting that pesky setup out of the way early on so they can deliver an even more exciting Mandalorian and Grogu 2 for the Real Fans™.

Just like the plan with Force Awakens.

IAmRei

Too late, i left star wars, mandalorian 3 is bo katan series which i dont like. And other series are also suck.

I really regret i spent $6000+ in lego star wars ...

Screw star wars

Cyberpunkd

Another waste of money for dumpster fire that is Star Wars. Can't wait to be fed super boring trivia nobody gives a fuck about!

jason10mm

Gold Member
I just hope Faverau lets out his frat boy sentiments a bit and brings Star Wars back closer to its roots.

And please, PLEASE, get rid of any aliens that talk in a goofy accent! Either have them speak alien and use subtitles or the "I'm gonna repeat what you said in english and then say my line" tactic or just have a gruff/gravelly voice. But those "blimey, you came 'ere in THAT ship?" type aliens just GOT TO GO.

Trunx81

Plot:
A younger and somehow wiser but female Baby Yoda, who’s constantly throwing quips around, makes the life of Grogu really hard. And she is better in everything than he is. They have to manage to work together to free a kidnapped Mando, although she’s so great, that she could do it on her own.

And she has a pink strain in her few hairs. And nose studs.

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
I just hope Faverau lets out his frat boy sentiments a bit and brings Star Wars back closer to its roots.

And please, PLEASE, get rid of any aliens that talk in a goofy accent! Either have them speak alien and use subtitles or the "I'm gonna repeat what you said in english and then say my line" tactic or just have a gruff/gravelly voice. But those "blimey, you came 'ere in THAT ship?" type aliens just GOT TO GO.

And what I hope for too is that he let's there be attractive female characters in the movie and isn't afraid to show off thier assets

Last edited:

NickFire

GAFfer when they see a new Star Wars thread
cat love GIF
Yeah man, that IP means a lot to people who grew up with it. This isn't much different from sports teams. Fans react to everything, and when a shitty owner comes in and replaces home grown stars with talentless hacks the sports radio airwaves blow up too.

ManaByte

Gold Member
GAFfer when they see a new Star Wars thread
cat love GIF

Star Wars fans: "Fuck the Sequels, they should've made Heir to the Empire"

Dave Filoni, guy in charge of Star Wars: "I'm making Heir to the Empire, and Mandalorian and Ahsoka set it up,"

Star Wars fans: "FUCK YOU I don't want Heir to the Empire!"

jason10mm

Gold Member

Dave Filoni, guy in charge of Star Wars: "I'm making Heir to the Empire, and Mandalorian and Ahsoka set it up,"

I dunno, did ANYTHING about Thrawn in Ahsoka give you positive vibes?

But to stick to my advice in the "rose glasses GAF" thread...i liked Chopper in Ahsoka, and the way Hera walked away from the camera so much :p

ManaByte

Gold Member
I dunno, did ANYTHING about Thrawn in Ahsoka give you positive vibes?

Literally the only reason he made Ahsoka was he needed a way to get Thrawn and Ezra back to the main galaxy, which is why he said he didn't need to do a second season (but is writing it now - Baylan will be recast).

Seems like Thrawn and the Nightsisters are taking those coffins back to Dathomir to be resurrected, especially since Grievous' slaughter of the Nightsisters was a big part of Tales of the Empire.

So instead of having a clone of Not-Obi-Wan like in the book, Thrawn will have an army of undead Nighsisters and Darth Mauls.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Too late, i left star wars, mandalorian 3 is bo katan series which i dont like. And other series are also suck.

Screw star wars
I would never let a bunch o cunts ruin something I originally loved just because the newer versions are so shite and for all the shite they have released, politics/pronouns be damned they did make Andor which was fucking brilliant

The Simpsons GIF

we all know how this is gonna play out. Mando is gonna devolved into some dude that's swallowed in pain or guilt because men are always weak and wrong. Then Ahshoka, Bo Katan, or some other strong woman will come in save his ass. Sprinkle in some witches and then have a scissor fight at the end.

VulcanRaven

Pedro Pascal will be filming Fantastic Four soon so the stunt double will probably do the most work. You would think that he wanted to play the main character as much as possible in a movie.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
Literally the only reason he made Ahsoka was he needed a way to get Thrawn and Ezra back to the main galaxy, which is why he said he didn't need to do a second season (but is writing it now - Baylan will be recast).

Seems like Thrawn and the Nightsisters are taking those coffins back to Dathomir to be resurrected, especially since Grievous' slaughter of the Nightsisters was a big part of Tales of the Empire.

So instead of having a clone of Not-Obi-Wan like in the book, Thrawn will have an army of undead Nighsisters and Darth Mauls.
But the depiction of Thrawn, and how he is repeatedly clowned by 3 people and a primitive tribe of turtles...that doesn't give you some pause about how he is supposed to be a credible threat?

And TBH having undead ANYTHING in Star Wars is a mistake. Death is tenuous enough in that universe with force ghosts and Maul surviving bisection, we REALLY don't need to be introducing reanimation and whatnot into the main film canon. Those zombie stormtroopers were even WORSE than regular troopers, just go back to droids if you need faceless mooks you can casually mow down and maintain a PG-13 rating.

Though I suppose at this point I should just be hoping that the "Big bad" of the film isn't a device, perhaps the size of a small moon/planet, that can focus "bad energy/magic' at another planet in a big beam, but can be destroyed by a single fighter with a well placed strike :p

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan

Well when that Ahsoka show is boring as fuck, do you blame them?

I used to be the biggest Ahsoka Tano fan before Dave Filoni put her in everything

nkarafo

So many posts with "i hope" and "hopefully".

This is why they continue to mangle your favorite franchises while milking them. Because you still hope. Just let it die and completely ignore it.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Mando season 3 was poorly written but I still enjoy the vibez (except for that god awful episode with Lizzio.)

Ahsoka was such a boring slog though really don’t trust Feloni.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Pedro Pascal will be filming Fantastic Four soon so the stunt double will probably do the most work. You would think that he wanted to play the main character as much as possible in a movie.

It will be a nice payday for those stunt doubles at least. John Wayne's grandson (I think) does all of the casual walking and emoting bits, then there's another that does all of the physical action.

About the movie, one can only guess the plot. I hope it doesn't involve the other Mandalorians and their whole business - leave that for the show. I really liked how it ended, with Din and Grogu chilling with their own home and ready to do their own thing. I wouldn't be surprised if we see more Jedi's and especially Luke again, though.

ManaByte

Gold Member
It will be a nice payday for those stunt doubles at least. John Wayne's grandson (I think) does all of the casual walking and emoting bits, then there's another that does all of the physical action.
Pedro has just been the voice for a long time. He’s never in the suit anymore.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right

Disney's Heir to the Empire will be a far cry from Zahn's Heir to the Empire trilogy. Still, it's probably the only Star Wars film I'm interested in.

Also serious question to anyone: is Mando S3 worth a watch?

Last edited:

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
Well when that Ahsoka show is boring as fuck, do you blame them?

I used to be the biggest Ahsoka Tano fan before Dave Filoni put her in everything

I like Rosario Dawson but I think she was miscast in the show. Thrawn's beer gut also destroyed me a little inside.

The young Ahsoka / Clone Wars flashbacks was just perfect. And Ray Stevenson (RIP) and his apprentice scenes were great too.

Dr. Claus

Banned

Screw star wars

Nah, mate. I still love Star Wars and Lego Star Wars. Disney being absolutely shit at everything they do these days doesn't change the passion I had for Star Wars prior to its purchase. Celebrate the good parts of Star Wars, laugh at the bad, and ignore the Disney trash that Mana keeps trying to shill.

BlackTron

Hair to the Empire

BlackTron

Nah, mate. I still love Star Wars and Lego Star Wars. Disney being absolutely shit at everything they do these days doesn't change the passion I had for Star Wars prior to its purchase. Celebrate the good parts of Star Wars, laugh at the bad, and ignore the Disney trash that Mana keeps trying to shill.

I admit that even when the shows/movies are bad they can make for some really cool lego sets lol.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member

Yes at this point I just assume it will all be terrible including video games and if any are good then its just a pleasant surprise.

Trilobit

I don't want anything from Filoni unless it's animated. And barely even then.

Edit: When people say that real fans shouldn't complain I feel like this guy:
rwabfxd.gif

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
They’ve already started filming some scenes indoors. They start filming outdoor scenes at the train yard in 3 weeks.

AgatonSax

I’m old enough to remember when The Contrabulous Fabtraption of Professor Horatio Hufnagel was just a throwaway joke.

Top Bottom