• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Johnny Whatever - A 3rd person riff shooter...?!

BuddyC

http://www.warthogtx.com/unleashedPR/Johnny_Whatever/overview.html

Johnny Whatever combines rock music and pulse pounding action to deliver a completely unique style of game play where music is your weapon. Players assume the role of Johnny Whatever, the reluctant hero whose guitar prowess is unmatched by any in Lower London. Equipped with Nancy, a guitar equipped with a Positronic Wave Amplifier, players freely roam the streets, stringing together power-chords and Quick Riffs to blast enemies with decibels of destruction!
JWoverview_guitar.jpg

No system specified yet, but it's from the same folk who are making Sticky Balls for the PSP. Due out in 2006, will be shown at TGS.

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
I checked it out at E3.

Lots of fun, though lacking in variety. Each button is a power chord and the shoulders are shift buttons. You basically go around town and strum tunes that finish on the same chord/button colour as the colour of enemy. That's about it.

I just enjoyed the aspect of jamming out classic rock tunes with only an Xbox pad.

lordmrw

I think I remember reading about this in Play magazine sometime last year or so. Completely forgot about it, which is more than likely because I just didn't give a damn about the concept.

Top Bottom