• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

Beefy

Nigel sounds so bland and boring. He sounds like a soccer announcer. Mauro's voice and catchphrases are annoying...a lot of people here felt this way before the JBL allegations.

You have never heard a proper soccer announcer then. Nigel sounds like a darts commentator.

I'm hoping that that was the Vince/Dunn effect, and on NXT he can be a more back to basics announcer, I never had a problem with his AXS work.
You might be right.
image.php
Is there a problem, nerd?
You have never heard a proper soccer announcer then. Nigel sounds like a darts commentator.
Is that worse? Who in the hell watches darts?

Kaladin

Mauro is going to be the new lead announcer, so def replacing Tom Phillips.

http://fightnetwork.com/law/mauro-ranallo-returning-to-the-wwe-as-lead-announcer-on-nxt/

Mauro Ranallo’s big announcement he was teasing for weeks was made on Thursday and it will surprise a lot of people as he is back with the WWE and will be the new lead announcer for NXT.

The two sides agreed they were going to part ways back in April following Ranallo’s absence from television. Ranallo was still under contract until August and there were people in power as well as talent on the roster that wanted Ranallo back.

The original plan was for Ranallo to make his return at the NXT Takeover event in Chicago last month but plans were delayed and he will start with NXT at Friday night’s television tapings at Full Sail University.

Ranallo is expected to be working alongside Nigel McGuinness and Percy Watson on the NXT broadcast team and will not have any position on the main roster broadcasts. His new deal only calls for NXT and live specials.

Anth0ny

Da Meltz on Bryan after WWE:

He thinks the most likely place Bryan goes to is NJPW and ROH, but depends on how their USA presence will be in 2018, says that Bryan really wants to go to CMLL, and possibly do a hair vs mask match with someone at CMLL because it is something he has never done before.

With most guys, WWE would offer more money than the competition and get them but not with Danielson, he doesn't care about making MORE money, even though he can easily make a ton of money with outside appearances, the guy lives in a 1400 sft house and probably has millions of dollars

Danielson is a genius in the ring but he's never had the chance to have the fulfilling aspect of his style of wrestling in WWE, and would definitely find it in the G1. Out of the 20 guys in G1 he can have Fantastic matches with 17 of them if he goes there!

Major pivotal moment in the #5years timeline when Bryan goes to New Japan. Punk will probably join him at around that same time, too.

Zach

Major pivotal moment in the #5years timeline when Bryan goes to New Japan. Punk will probably join him at around that same time, too.

Isn't New Japan starting to do shows in the good ol' USA or something? I'm not betting on it happening, but can you imagine if Bryan and Punk started wrasslin' for them in 2018? Could be interesting...

Sephzilla

See, on the one hand, Bryan and Punk are some of the last guys who were able to generate mainstream success for WWE (along with Cena). Punk and Bryan going to another promotion would be a big blow to WWE especially since Cena is on the road to retirement. But on the flipside, NJPW isn't that big stateside.

Still, #5years

Whoops. Things got awkward.

Seph, we're still cool. You're like the Big Ed to Zach & myself's Cooper and Truman.

wVEac.gif

Catching up on NXT last night. I know that Ember Moon's character work is not good, but somehow she remains the second most over woman on that roster by a long-shot. Even WM weekend she was getting chants and cheers over Asuka, which basically no one does. I have a feeling she's going to end up like Finn. She's not as good obviously, but I think she'll just continue to get over despite being "bland" to most here and elsewhere online. She just has something that causes people to cheer for her. It's weird.

Kaladin

I'm torn on Bryan wrestling again. He's had Doctors tell him he can, but WWE says no. His own style can be high impact, but it's also a bit safer than what he worked in WWE. He does more technical stuff like a Zach Sabre Jr. and he could work a safer style if he wanted. He would obviously have to be somewhere where they let him work his style, and kept a close eye on things like concussions. I'm torn.

I'm torn on Bryan wrestling again. He's had Doctors tell him he can, but WWE says no. His own style can be high impact, but it's also a bit safer than what he worked in WWE. He does more technical stuff like a Zach Sabre Jr. and he could work a safer style if he wanted. He would obviously have to be somewhere where they let him work his style, and kept a close eye on things like concussions. I'm torn.
I'd take D-Bry on Lucha Underground. Imagine it!

I've personally thought that Nigel/Phillips/Watson were an absolutely horrendous team - they just didn't click. I think we can all agree that Watson is just absolute trash.

However, I think Nigel and Phillips just never had good chemistry. Not that it was bad, just bland. I know it's because he was working with the GOAT calling an amazing match, but I was struck by how much better Nigel was with JR calling Dunne vs Bate in Chicago. Phillips is just a little too quiet and generic for Nigel. Having Mauro be the play by play guy will create a much better contrast, and I think Nigel will sound much much better going forward.

Top Bottom