• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
This is fucking up. They're making a mistake showing stuff from the documentary piece while pushing him as a heel this makes no sense.

Ooooh this guy makes me so mad

Working hard to recover after a devastating injury to reclaim his dream

What a dick, hope Roman beats his ass

EDIT: Oh ok his injury was a face turn, his return was a heel turn got it

Barrage

Rollins is pretty much an anti-hero here. The crowd shots are the only thing showing Roman as face and Rollins as a heel.

Still though, ill take a video package over some social Outcast bullshit anyday.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The hilarious part is Seth's chance of getting the title is like 0%

Also, Lana's little speech isn't doing anything because she doesn't seem to hate America anymore.

GunBR

Guys, the promo and the people chanting for Seth and booing Roman doesn't matter

Roman is the face of company and this won't change

UberTag

Guys, the promo and the people chanting for Seth and booing Roman doesn't matter

This guy gets it. Although, it's actually Roman Reigns and Stephanie McMahon that are the FACES of the company. It's a two-for-one deal.

Oersted

Booing means investment. Investment means money. Remember the 'I paid money to see Reigns lose.' sign?

"A match worthy of the main event of Wrestlemania (Which we were totally gonna have at Survivor Series last year)"

The Survivor Series match was probably gonna end with a BS "controversial" finish to keep the belt on Rollins while making Roman look even stronger so they could set up the rematch where Roman wins his title and buries Rollins in the mid card where the WWE thinks he belongs.

Anth0ny

I'm pretty sure Vince would have had an onslaught of WWF guys asking for their payday if word got out that the WCW guys got to keep their WCW paydays.

Vince should have straight up not ran the invasion angle until the Goldbergs and Hogans contracts ran out.

The show did 770,000 buys without the real big stars and bad build.

The problem was that Vince didn't want to upset the locker room and pay these guys huge amounts of money to give up their current deals and come to the WWE.

Back then it was not guys playing videogames and getting along. It was paranoia and fighting over keeping your spot. So when the WCW guys came in the WWE roster crapped on them and talked behind there back,

The angle had so much going against it to be a true success.

Man, that Vince McMahon. What a nice guy, caring about the locker room like that.

He should have paid the big names wcw money. Austin, rock, hhh, taker. If some jabroni like edge asked for that kind of money back in 2001, and Vince told him to fuck himself.... What exactly was said jabroni going to do? In case you haven't noticed, the boss just BOUGHT the competition! No more threatening to go to wcw. Either take your pay.... Or go to the indies in 2001. Lol

Again, I just look at how much money they made with that god awful angle and build without the big guys and I really don't think money would have been an issue in any way if they actually brought those guys in.

Waiting a year until their contract ended to do the invasion would have been a better alternative too, but I do think there's a certain amount of "striking while the iron is hot" to an angle like that. The payday to a show headlined by Austin vs Goldberg pays EVERYONE and then some.

Top Bottom