• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jury Orders 50 Cent to Pay $2 Million More In Sex Tape Trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prologue

A jury decided on Friday that 50 Cent, who may or may not actually be as broke as he says he is, must pay an additional $2 million in punitive damages to Lastonia Leviston, the Associated Press reports.

Leviston had filed an invasion-of-privacy lawsuit against the rapper, alleging that he posted to the Internet a sex tape she had made with a boyfriend in 2008, which 50 Cent had acquired, edited, and narrated. (Leviston has a child with Rick Ross. 50 Cent was feuding with Rick Ross at the time. Rick Ross is not in the video.)

Two weeks ago, jurors ordered 50 Cent to pay Leviston $5 million. After the verdict, 50 Cent, born Curtis Jackson III, filed for bankruptcy protection in Connecticut, which a judge later overruled.

According to the AP, 50 Cent’s lawyer said in a statement that they were disappointed with the verdict and would ask the court to reduce the jury’s award.

http://gawker.com/jury-orders-50-cent-to-pay-2-million-more-in-sex-tape-1720246509

Quick

Banned
I don't know what you heard about me
But a bitch can't get a dollar out of me
No Cadillac, no perms, you can't see
That I'm a motherfucking P-I-M-P.

Jenov

...filed for bankruptcy protection in Connecticut, which a judge later overruled.

nxMBqb4.gif

Culex

Banned
I've driven by his house in CT, pretty crazy entryway.

It's on the market anyway, the sale from JUST that house should cover him.

gdt

So wait the bankruptcy has been dismissed as well? That should've been in the thread title haha oh man. This shit he did was fucked up and he deserves to pay every penny but haha man I love this guy.

This is levels of stupid.

When you have to pay 5 mil and you try to slide and now you have to pay 7 mil....

Even if you had the money, why would you not just pay it and move on.... People settle out of papers everyday, 50 is stupid.

Bad Publicity is Publicity. 50 always knows how to keep his name being talked about for the stupidest reasons. His show Power is airing a 2nd season right now too.

jbug617

Banned
7 million is still nothing to him lol. He should have just paid up.

He still has to pay $17million because of the headphones
http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2...llion-sleek-audio-lose-federal-judge-florida/
The rapper, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, has been ordered by Palm Beach County, Fla. judge Peter D. Blanc to pay $17 million to manufacturer Sleek Audio, following a series of legal dealings stemming from an arbitration in which the company successfully argued to the court that the “Hate It or Love It” rapper used their model and design for a set of headphones he tried to manufacture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom