• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kai Cenat is streaming Bloodborne to call attention to fan demand for a PC and PS5 port

Draugoth

Gold Member
Kai Cenat has joined the heap of fans asking for a Bloodborne remaster ahead of hosting a marathon stream for the game. Yesterday, the live streamer started Bloodborne, which is one of FromSoftware's most loved titles. Although Bloodborne is one of the PlayStation 4's biggest hits, in most cases Sony rarely mentions the release, which fans find strange because of how big its online fandom appears.

But Cenat isn't just playing the beloved 2015 PS4 exclusive, Bloodborne for his own benefit⁠—he's hoping his streams might help bring attention to the demand for a remaster and/or PC port.

KAI CENAT explain the Reason he playing Bloodborne first because to bring attention to @PlayStation & @fromsoftware_pr so they can make a Remaster or Remakle along a PC version

Some users whomever, are not impressed, whomever:

Source

Last edited:
Who Is This Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

It has been years and fans have been asking for a port or remaster and nothing has happened. Don’t put to much stock in it anymore.

For the ‘who’ posters, Kai Cenat is the number 1 streamer in America (Not sure about the entire world). He has had a multitude of A+ level celebrity appearances on his livestream and a multitude of businesses have approached him before for appearances and endorsements. Sony is most likely paying attention (and so is From Software based on his previous Elden Ring marathon stream and rollout), but I doubt Sony will actually say anything.

We all want BB updates, so should celebrate this is drawing attention fr fr
It is interesting to see the community’s spitefulness towards someone who has a gigantic enough awareness level to get the attention of Sony for something that everyone wants.

If PlayStation had Bloodborne on their minds at all they’d do something like a secret bot in Astro’s Playroom with a bloodborne skin . . .

bender

What time is it?
Not just Bloodborne, I would love to see PS5 version Gravity Rush 2, The Last Guardian and Puppeteer but Sony apparently just doesn’t like anything made by Studio Japan.

I really hate Sony this gen.

The Puppeteer will probably remain trapped on the PS3.

037d1b8ff12e45a513dc43bb32c36fbd.gif

Pelao

I have no idea who this person is, but I appreciate any effort to try to get an updated version of Bloodborne for current-gen consoles and PC.

bender

What time is it?
I loved that game so much, it’s artstyle, its humour and it’s different head gameplay mechanics.

It was super creative. I think it mega bombed in the sales department which gives me little hope of ever seeing it again. While I'm not a fan of Gravity Rush, I think Sony more than gave it a fair shake to find success.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
It was super creative. I think it mega bombed in the sales department which gives me little hope of ever seeing it again. While I'm not a fan of Gravity Rush, I think Sony more than gave it a fair shake to find success.
Sony absolutely send Puppeteer to die, I remember Sony barely market this game and the only reason knew about it I was actively following it.

FeralEcho

At 30 fps with bad framepacing and 1080p. No thanks.
It sucks you missed out on so many GOAT games of the 6th and 7th generation since you know....most of them were playing even worse than that and yet they still are some of the best experiences out there as is Bloodborne for anyone who doesn't have a 60fps stick up their ass.

mrcroket

It sucks you missed out on so many GOAT games of the 6th and 7th generation since you know....most of them were playing even worse than that and yet they still are some of the best experiences out there as is Bloodborne for anyone who doesn't have a 60fps stick up their ass.
I didn't, but today, on a 4K OLED display, 30fps and native 1080p without rescaling looks awful.

I don't care for this guy, but if he gets Sony/From to do a port, I'll buy it day one and sub, follow him, but I won't watch him,lol. I don't care for his streams, but I don't mind giving something back for his help in what would seem is a fucking dead area in gaming.

Hrk69

Gold Member
Why is this guy always fucking screaming and yelling

You can't watch 5 minutes without him screaming

He has to be one of the most annoying streamers out there

DavidGzz

The dude regularly has 100k viewers at any one time. 12.6m followers on Twitch and 9.1 mil subs on Youtube for the ones living under a rock. I don't watch him usually but may tune in for some Bloodborne rage if he doesn't annoy me too much.

nial

Sony absolutely send Puppeteer to die, I remember Sony barely market this game and the only reason knew about it I was actively following it.
Funny that I was actually discussing this in another thread, but when people say this about Puppeteer or other stuff like Gravity Rush, it's mostly from a Western perspective.
I mean, I agree that SCEA and SCEE weren't exactly helpful for Puppeteer, but SCEI marketed it a pretty decently in Japan back in the day since PS4 wasn't launching over there until February 2014.
It mega flopped, there just wasn't an audience for this game on PS3.
Not just Bloodborne, I would love to see PS5 version Gravity Rush 2, The Last Guardian and Puppeteer but Sony apparently just doesn’t like anything made by Studio Japan.

I really hate Sony this gen.
But we're getting Astro Bot and Death Stranding sequels...
I still think that Gravity Rush 2 remaster is real and Sony's just sitting on it for a better release schedule; that one Spanish leaker who got EVERYTHING right a while ago mentioned it.

nial

Man, we could get initiatives like this over stuff that deserves more to be remastered/remade like Soul Sacrifice, Freedom Wars and Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines, but we instead choose that one PS4 game that is easily playable on PS5.
I hate this world...

Filben

No. He most certainly streams for himself. As if the demand isn't already well-known and needs more attention. He wants more attention and uses the Bloodborne thirst for it.

nial

This is an extremely funny talking point; you see all that people saying that Sony is forcing Aloy/Horizon as a gaming icon? Well, they just weren't around when SIEJ was doing exactly that with Kat/Gravity Daze.
The fact that we got a Gravity Daze ONA made by Khara, the anime studio founded by Hideaki Anno (you know, the creator of Evangelion) is fucking crazy. It was fun while it lasted, really my favorite part of the entire PS4 era.

DavidGzz

No. He most certainly streams for himself. As if the demand isn't already well-known and needs more attention. He wants more attention and uses the Bloodborne thirst for it.

True, but it's still bringing a lot of attention to it, and I absolutely believe him that Elden Ring made him a huge Souls fan. I'd do the same thing in his position. It's a win-win.

Top Bottom