• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kai Cenat is streaming Bloodborne to call attention to fan demand for a PC and PS5 port

Perrott

Man, we could get initiatives like this over stuff that deserves more to be remastered/remade like Soul Sacrifice, Freedom Wars and Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines, but we instead choose that one PS4 game that is easily playable on PS5.
I hate this world...
Uh, that reminds me that we should launch a Kickstarter to hire some rom hackers and translators to develop an English patch for the PSP version of Ore no Shikabane o Koete Yuke
FqmAb0l.png

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
The dude regularly has 100k viewers at any one time. 12.6m followers on Twitch and 9.1 mil subs on Youtube for the ones living under a rock. I don't watch him usually but may tune in for some Bloodborne rage if he doesn't annoy me too much.
It's fine to not know who he is. I only know about the guy in the vaguest terms and became aware of him fairly recently.

But it's hilariously lame to hipster post about how cool you are for not knowing who/what <insert popular person/thing here> is.
I've almost certainly done the same thing in the past 🤣

Soodanim

I like the thought of Miyazaki seeing this campaign and saying "I had no earthly idea!"

I don't watch streamers so I don't know of this guy, but he's using his platform to try to get something we all want made and I applaud him for that. Far stranger things have happened, and if he makes a difference then that's a nice legacy to have in the Souls community - especially for someone that looks like a big fan of the game.

He has my full support, and by that I mean this post of positive words and no other action.

Don't know who that is. Good for him though, and really, if it brings any attention to Sony/FS, he's got my support. I hope it works. I can't believe we got something like Returnal, Ghosts of Tsushima, Day's Gone on PC before the massively influential and highly rated Bloodborne.

Last edited:

gtabro

Lots of normies on Neogaf apparently, and of an accelerated age it seems… I mean I’m no spring chicken nor on tiktok, but I’m not that out of touch to not have at least heard of Kai Cenat lol.

Also writing “who” (despite someone even explaining in a post because you’re too lazy to google a name) = peak comedy 👏

hemo memo

Gold Member
Lots of normies on Neogaf apparently, and of an accelerated age it seems… I mean I’m no spring chicken nor on tiktok, but I’m not that out of touch to not have at least heard of Kai Cenat lol.

Also writing “who” (despite someone even explaining in a post because you’re too lazy to google a name) = peak comedy 👏
I’m on Tiktok and I don’t know who this dude is.
As of searching who he is, what value would that add to me to waste that time?

Needlecrash

I don't really watch Kai Cenat. For context, Kai Cenat is one of THE biggest streamers on Twitch. Even Kevin Hart was in some of his streams too. If anything, his popularity could have gain the attention from FromSoftware.

Three

LOL - how else do explain why we haven't seen a remaster?
I think Sony doesn't have the source code and they paid for a "black box" game from fromsoftware. If they want a remaster they have to wait for fromsoftware to become free and pay for the remaster.

I actually really enjoyed this guy's Elden Ring playthrough, at least what I caught out of it. It was fun to see somebody go through it and learn the game and get better at it.

I'm always going to be all for getting more attention on Bloodborne, it's my favourite FromSoftware title for sure. I just re-visited myself recently and loved playing through it again.

Last edited:

Solrac

Well, Sony clearly doesn't give a damn about this game. They closed the co-creators of the game years ago. The best you can hope for is a remake done by Bluepoint with a different art direction or just wait for it to be playable on PC via an emulator.

Last edited:

nial

Well, Sony clearly doesn't give a damn about this game. They closed the co-creators of the game years ago.
No, they didn't (and no one 'co-created' the game, either).
Uh, that reminds me that we should launch a Kickstarter to hire some rom hackers and translators to develop an English patch for the PSP version of Ore no Shikabane o Koete Yuke
FqmAb0l.png
Never happening, people don't seem to care a lot about Alfa System's games in the community (past Linda Cube). :(

nial

Yes, they did

QkwZ4u0.png

source:

No, none of the SCEI staff was part of the actual development team of Bloodborne, it was pretty much all From Software with some outsourced art and programming work.
SCEI's contribution to Bloodborne was production/online support/testing, which happens pretty much on each of their games, so Bloodborne is nothing special there.
Another point is that SIE only closed the internal development department at WWS Japan Studio in favor of Team Asobi, and Bloodborne was not developed internally, you know.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
If the Insomniac leak is correct, Bloodborne sold 7+ million copies. Money is sitting on the table, including my own.
It's not about copies sold. It's about revenue generated. Game sold poorly off the jump and hit the discount bin quick.

If Day's Gone reached 8 million sold CONSIDERABLY faster than Bloodborne reached 7 million, and that didn't get a sequel...no way in hell Bloodborne warrants one.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Some streamers are just the worst, most ego and narcissism driven people out there. This kid is one of them. Prime example.

Imagine thinking you’re so fucking important at streaming videogames that playing one will just miraculously conjure up a sequel. To fucking Bloodborne 🤣🤣🤣

Youth retardation and me me me syndrome at its finest.

Last edited:
It's not about copies sold. It's about revenue generated. Game sold poorly off the jump and hit the discount bin quick.

If Day's Gone reached 8 million sold CONSIDERABLY faster than Bloodborne reached 7 million, and that didn't get a sequel...no way in hell Bloodborne warrants one.
Well, shit, I am glad From basically made the whole game, then.
After DS3, Sekiro and now Elden Ring, they have secured their place on Mt. Olympus. More enough of a reason to have a PC/PS5 enhanced port.
Sucks it took the "discount bin" for some people to try it out.

I still think they should bring out a port. I would take a 6 month ban bet that it will do gangbusters in the first month and shit all over Days Gone port. 🗿

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Well, shit, I am glad From basically made the whole game, then.
After DS3, Sekiro and now Elden Ring, they have secured their place on Mt. Olympus. More enough of a reason to have a PC/PS5 enhanced port.
Sucks it took the "discount bin" for some people to try it out.

I still think they should bring out a port. I would take a 6 month ban bet that it will do gangbusters in the first month and shit all over Days Gone port. 🗿
I think the Demons Souls remake sealed the Bloodbourne remakes fate.

Perrott

Bloodborne generated over 250M in lifetime revenue on a single platform - while probably costing 4 to 5 times less than Days Gone (which didn't get a sequel because of the turmoil over at Bend following John Garvin's departure, not because it was deemed an unsuccessful game) - and became an instant classic as well as an icon of the PlayStation brand. And it didn't sell poorly initially, don't fucking lie, they were ecstatic about its commercial performance from the very beginning.

But even if none of that were the case, Sony's decision-making isn't solely driven by the pursuit of maximizing revenue, because if that were true, then they wouldn't have greenlit a +200M Death Stranding sequel - yet they did, because prestige matters.

I think the Demons Souls remake sealed the Bloodbourne remakes fate.
I don't believe so. I still need/want to play that one, but I don't own a PS5.
I don't think that has anything to do with Bloodborne's fate. For all we know, Sony could be letting the hype build on purpose.
The PC Modding community would be absolutely batshit bonkers. I believe there is a potential huge audience for this on PC/PS5.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Bloodborne generated over 250M in lifetime revenue on a single platform - while probably costing 4 to 5 times less than Days Gone (which didn't get a sequel because of the turmoil over at Bend following John Garvin's departure, not because it was deemed an unsuccessful game) - and became an instant classic as well as an icon of the PlayStation brand. And it didn't sell poorly initially, don't fucking lie, they were ecstatic about its commercial performance from the very beginning.

But even if none of that were the case, Sony's decision-making isn't solely driven by the pursuit of maximizing revenue, because if that were true, then they wouldn't have greenlit a +200M Death Stranding sequel - yet they did, because prestige matters.
MASSIVE difference between Death Stranding and Bloodborne.

1. Death Stranding had 16 million players according to Sony (double what Days Gone had)

2. Death Stranding is open world. Bloodborne is not. Open world design has considerable commercial advantage over linear games in this day and age. DS2 has a chance to capitalize on that fact.

3. Death Stranding was probably relatively cost effective to make.

Again, they probably saw what the Demons Soul Remake did and cut the cord on any oland for future Bloodborne projects. It's just from a bygone era.

Last edited:

Klosshufvud

Some streamers are just the worst, most ego and narcissism driven people out there. This kid is one of them. Prime example.

Imagine thinking you’re so fucking important at streaming videogames that playing one will just miraculously conjure up a sequel. To fucking Bloodborne 🤣🤣🤣

Youth retardation and me me me syndrome at its finest.
I concur and this thread is repulsive for giving dumb shit attention whoring narcissists even more attention. Should be locked.

They do not even need to do a remake. 60 FPS patch with proper frame-pacing when running on PS5 and maybe a resolution boost too. This is not expensive and these games have their audience let’s not kid about mate.
Basically this, a small and cheap, but technically sound, porting team is what’s considered an easier option in this instance, if this is truly about maximizing profit like Men_in_Boxes Men_in_Boxes is making a case for. This would be the way to go for easy steam sales that would easily recoup that minor cost and then some.

Top Bottom