• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (OT 2?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was waiting for the old thread to be locked. It was like Pirate Bay over there. :lol

But, yeah this album continues to grow on me like crazy. LOVE it.

hubes

LCfiner said:
well written review but I could not disagree more with this part:

"The guest list on posse cuts "Monster" and "So Appalled" could've been pared down. "

those songs are made awesome by their extended length. and Monster only has three main sections anyway. it's not as overflowing as So Appalled.
yeah so appalled is awesome cause everyone kills their verse and swizz doesn't ruin the hook

Equus Bellator Apex said:
You have to buy the album on itunes to get those songs

.....God damn it. I'm kind of not financially capable at the moment to buy two copies -- one being physical and the other being digital. We'll see, I guess...

Oh, and happy G.O.O.D Friday you fools. :D

RJT

Oh, and I did I mention Blame Game is awesome? Can't wait to hear the dirty version of
Christ Rock's
part. The cursing is definitely needed there.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
my top 5

1) Hell of a Life
2) Blame Game
3) Dark Fantasy
4) Lost in the World
5) Gorgeous

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Ken Masters said:
Are there hi res versions of the album covers?
you guys always more and better everything. Just buy the album, it's going to be amazing, and what upsets me is that you know this.
/sad

also is anyone working on fixing AOTL. I see everyones top 3~5 songs and don't see AOTL which is amazing cept for one problem.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
It's a great song. Honestly it's hard to pick songs from the record say "these are my favorites" I think all the songs are great.

I'm sure if I wouldn't have listened to Monster/So Appalled so much before they would be in my top 5. Same with Power and Runaway.

LCfiner

eh, what the heck. my top 5

It's kinda hard to list my top 5 since I've listened to some of these songs so many times before the album was assembled (I listened to Power so many damn times in the summer)

in no particular order.

Power, Dark Fantasy, All of the lights, Monster, Hell of a Life.

but, man, i could sub in at least 3 of those songs with other ones and still be happy.

Swag

Obligatory Wall of Shame

22x36e.jpg

Trying to Embarass Ashhong here!

BTW Lost in the World should be in everyone's top 5 list. Everyone

Kusagari

My top 5:

1. Dark Fantasy
2. All of the Lights
3. Lost in the World
4. So Appalled
5. Monster

This is really hard though. I surprisingly like every song on the album.

Sebulon3k said:
Obligatory Wall of Shame

http://i53.tinypic.com/22x36e.jpg[IMG]

[spoiler] Trying to Embarass Ashhong here! [/spoiler]

BTW Lost in the World should be in everyone's top 5 list. [B]Everyone[/B][/QUOTE]

holy shit ashhong :lol :lol :lol

You're still in top 3, man, you're just as bad!

Still loving the album on the second listen, it makes me want to go back and check out some of Kanye's older stuff now. But a random question, which album art are you guys going to use? I'm thinking about the one with Kanye's head with the sword in it or the big face collage.

Sebulon3k said:

It was, but the Darkseid vocals at the end that he added to final mix are song-destroying. I don't even think I'd put it in the top ten of the record anymore.

It's sad because I listened to that off the Runaway rip like 700 times in a row. It was my favorite Kanye track of all time.

My Name Is Luke said:
Still loving the album on the second listen, it makes me want to go back and check out some of Kanye's older stuff now. But a random question, which album art are you guys going to use? I'm thinking about the one with Kanye's head with the sword in it or the big face collage.

Those are the two that I'll end up using. I do like the sword and the crown one too.

best one imo is this:

kanyewest+cover2.png

MickD

My Top 5

1.Blame Game
2.POWER
3.Dark Fantasy
4.Hell Of A Life OR Devil In A New Dress
5.All Of The Lights

see5harp

Overall, I think it's his best album since Late Registration, but I do think some of the songs run way too long (no pun intended). Kanye said he wasn't writing pop singles, but cutting out the long outros to Blame Game and Runaway would IMPROVE the songs. I like the long verse from Pusha T in So Appalled but the RZA part is fat that needed to be cut.

Foob

BenjaminBirdie said:
That last cover, with the grass growing and head gone. Damn. That's some deep shit.

I feel like i quote you all the damn time, but yessss. That was the only remaining cover I hadn't seen, and I immediately made it my default cover once I saw it

Tucah

you speak so well
My top 5:

1. Lost in the World
2. Blame Game (grew on me like crazy after I heard the explicit)
3. Dark Fantasy
4. Hell of a Life
5. All of the Lights (yes, even with Fergie :lol)

My top 3 were easy, the last two were really tough to choose, I pretty much just love every goddamn song here.

shadowcomplex said:
you guys always more and better everything. Just buy the album, it's going to be amazing, and what upsets me is that you know this.
/sad

also is anyone working on fixing AOTL. I see everyones top 3~5 songs and don't see AOTL which is amazing cept for one problem.
Not sure if you're purposely being ignorant, I'm going to buy the album, I'm just looking for some hq cellphone wallpapers

RJT

My Name Is Luke said:
Definitely! Love that cover.

My top 5:
1. Blame Game
2. Dark Fantasy
3. Runaway
4. Hell of a Life
5. All of the lights (would be second if it wasn't for the laughable last third of the song...)

spindashing said:
Those are the two that I'll end up using. I do like the sword and the crown one too.

best one imo is this:

kanyewest+cover2.png

LOL...still can't believe people fell for this...

HOWEVER, It's so comical....that I'm gonna print this out and make it my cover. :lol

LCfiner

spindashing said:

best one imo is this:

kanyewest+cover2.png

this is my cover for the early versions of unfinished songs from the album.

I'll be using the simple, understated "Kanye chilling with Phoenix" cover for the full thing.

Expendable. said:
Well, I guess a lot of n*ggas do gangbang. And if we run trains we all in the same game. Runaway slays all on the chain game.

bang

BANG

BANG

BANG

BANG

What.

I had to google this and now I see what you are babbling about. Shame on me. :lol :lol :lol :lol It's just that it came out of nowhere...

Bowser

Expendable. said:
That's one hellllll of a life.
Noooooooo mooooore drugs for me, pussy and religion is all I need. Probably my favorite off the album.

Isn't it "Runaway slaves, not slays?

Top 5

Devil In A New Dress
Runaway
So Appalled
All of the Lights
Blame Game

The one thing I like about the album is there isn't too much filler. The radio singles are appropriate and fit in with the album (unlike some albums).

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Sebulon3k said:
Obligatory Wall of Shame

22x36e.jpg

Trying to Embarass Ashhong here!

not on the wall of shame. make me happy and sad at the same time.
:lol :lol enzo

Natural

Man, So Appalled gets better every time I hear it I swear. Album ain't too bad so far (half way through at the moment).

h0pper

only Fernando's ripe melons are good enough for me
album is absurd. I think I may shell out and buy it just for the hell of it because it deserves my $9.99. Have to support the artist if they put out quality like this.

while I'm here, does anyone know a program that lets you stream from your itunes that is not.. itunes? Basically, I have a mac with all my music on it, and want to stream to my other computer which is not a mac. But, I don't want to put itunes on that machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom