• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashhong

Expendable. said:
I loved the Power remix, but haven't heard the other two. If they aren't bonus tracks on the album, I'll grab them.

Those are not GOOD Friday tracks. Check them all out. The only ones that are on the album are Devil, Monster, So Appalled. Good Friday (thats the track name), Christian Dior, Don't Stop, Power Remix, there are so many amazing tracks on there.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Ashhong said:
Those are not GOOD Friday tracks. Check them all out. The only ones that are on the album are Devil, Monster, So Appalled. Good Friday (thats the track name), Christian Dior, Don't Stop, Power Remix, there are so many amazing tracks on there.
party people in the place to be/
you are now in the mist of a real MC/
throw your hands in the air if you real as me.
i think i spelled mist wrong X(

Bowser

shadowcomplex said:
party people in the place to be/
you are now in the mist of a real MC/
throw your hands in the air if you real as me.
i think i spelled mist wrong X(
Ooooooooooohhhhhh

it's midst

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
this comment at the end of the XXL article :lol
Jon Dog says:

You’ve heard all the songs. There isn’t one new tune on it. All the GOOD Friday tracks, and other leaks pretty much make up the album. Still a classic cd, none the less. The leak is a clean version. Just go out and buy it. And XXL, you fuckin’ people have too much time on your hands. First that RETARDED 50 and Soulja Boy cover, now your breaking Kanye’s album down into POINTLESS figures. WTF? Has anyone looked back at the bullshit you guys have been doing in the past couple years. C’mon, what the hell hapened? Ms. Saten, that’s what. STEP YOUR GAME UP!!! Thank god for the internet, cause I wouldn’t spend a penny on this bullsit ass mag.

so true :lol

Expendable. said:
Dark Fantasy is such a great fucking opening, especially his first verse. Can't get enough of it.

So this. Someone said it back a few pages ago but I feel like I'm listening to a GTA opening or something.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Expendable. said:
I loved the Power remix, but haven't heard the other two. If they aren't bonus tracks on the album, I'll grab them.
Damn, if you haven't heard many of the G.O.O.D. Friday tracks you need to head over to www.kanyewest.com and download all the tracks you haven't heard (and the dirty versions of So Appalled and Monster, to tide you over until the album comes out)

shadowcomplex said:
first and foremost i still do not consider a mili a song as far as i am conserned it was never made. and this is coming person who loved the song "go dj"and its not like carter 3 was total shit. i liked lalala(not the album version) , comfortable, let the beat build, shoot me down...etc (also i think the last three were produced by kanye, just saying could be wrong though.) but it was what it was, and it was the start of his lazy rapping. i don't care who put what on which map, i like fucking love music and a milli was barely a song and wtf was phone home, also the album version of la la la was worse than the throw away. i know he has talent, he has shown it in the past, i just wish he would show it again.

you should really look at enzo's post they way ye put the beat together was almost magical, honestly so much respect for kanye it's like he could make wine from water.
Missed this post yesterday. And I agree with the notion that La La La is great. The best Weezy song ever in fact.

Also, that NBC interview is complete bullshit. That was not a proper interview at all. Though you could see Ye was quite frustrated in the interview in general.

enzo_gt said:
Damn, if you haven't heard many of the G.O.O.D. Friday tracks you need to head over to www.kanyewest.com and download all the tracks you haven't heard (and the dirty versions of So Appalled and Monster, to tide you over until the album comes out)

Missed this post yesterday. And I agree with the notion that La La La is great. The best Weezy song ever in fact.

Oh I got those two. Looking at that list, I haven't listened to the last 6. Gonna get on that!

MMaRsu

Pimpwerx said:
Livin' In A Movie

If you didn't hear that, you might not have heard some of the other tracks from that mixtape.

Ahh been awhile since I heard that, track is still awesome.

I really do like his earlier work much much better than what he's doing now, even though this album is awesome.

Expendable. said:
I fucking LOVED Freshman Adjustment so much.

Yeah, it's really great.

Like, The Good The Bad The Ugly <3

HiResDes

enzo_gt said:

Also, that NBC interview is complete bullshit. That was not a proper interview at all. Though you could see Ye was quite frustrated in the interview in general.
The best Weezy songs are the grimier ones from his mixtapes like:

- Something You Forgot
- 1000 Degrees
- The Burn
- Pussy, Money, Weed
- 4 Tha Haters
- Ain't Got Time
- Burn This City
- Ima Go Getta (Michael Phelps)

Swag

PhoenixDark said:
Whenever he attempts to express himself on issues like this he comes off quite ignorant; this guy isn't Tupac or Jay-Z, or even Lady Gaga who is quite articulate.

This is quite true, Kanye needs to hire a PR person or someone to help him articulate his thoughts better :lol

This interview makes me appreciate people like Jay so much more because of his ability to maintain composure at all times.

Meier

A bit unrelated but anyone else think Cee Lo's record SMASHES this? Damn, I am blown away!

Some of that may be related to the fact I've heard all the Kanye songs before so it lacked that WOW factor of listening to an album through the first time, but even still.. The Lady Killer is straight up amazing. Jaw-droppingly good.

Meier said:
A bit unrelated but anyone else think Cee Lo's record SMASHES this? Damn, I am blown away!

Some of that may be related to the fact I've heard all the Kanye songs before so it lacked that WOW factor of listening to an album through the first time, but even still.. The Lady Killer is straight up amazing. Jaw-droppingly good.
I can't say I was very impressed. But I wasn't ready for how different the album was at first. I'll have to give it a couple more spins before I give it the aye or nay.

Acid08

Banned
Expendable. said:
How has it not come out yet? This shit is fucking ridiculous.

I NEED THE EXPLICIT VERSION OF AOTL INTERLUDE. NEED IT.
I need the explicit version of Monster. The song is seriously butchered on the clean version.

Ken Masters said:
Lady killer is a fantastic album, no one can take that away from cee-lo, he also killed the hook on cudi's album
I wish I could really get into it, but his voice...I tire of it so quickly that I don't know if I'll ever be able to enjoy the album fully. I prefer him in Goodie MoB quantities, when he represents no more than 30% of any song. Keeps me from getting tired of hearing him.

Mixtape Weezy > Album Lil Wayne. Burn this City and Pussy Money Weed were my jams when I went through my Weezy phase. :lol

Did...someone say Cee Lo's album went over Kanye? Whatttttttttt :lol Cee Lo is alright, though, not saying he isn't. :D as said before, his contributions to the Cudi album were good. I like Crazy by Gnarls Barkley too....

Lady Killer's a great freaking album. It might be on par with this one for me.

But yeah Runaway song can't be touched. That beat. OMG. Pete Rock ftw.

Sebulon3k said:
This interview makes me appreciate people like Jay so much more because of his ability to maintain composure at all times.

Jay-Z is definitely a more reserved person. You can see it in his interviews. He has dry wit. Nor does he try to expose too much of himself. To this day, you'll never know how he truly feels about certain things. Or as of late, he does subliminal instead of overt disses.

I'm not sure why Kanye would go on Twitter to express his frustration with Matt Lauer when he could of discussed it with him afterward or had his publicist express it to NBC. Also, maybe because of editing or whatever, he comes across as egocentric and self important, especially with his disliking the playing of clips or people talking while he's talking.

As far as the interview goes, it took him way too many words to say he apologizes for calling George Bush a racist and his outburst was mainly due to his emotions at the moment.

It's odd because Kanye seemed sincere and made his points clearly on that radio show a few weeks ago; he empathized with Bush and moved on. Yet with Lauer he seemed intent to be difficult and start shit while playing the victim

HiResDes

Spiderjericho said:
Jay-Z is definitely a more reserved person. You can see it in his interviews. He has dry wit. Nor does he try to expose too much of himself. To this day, you'll never know how he truly feels about certain things. Or as of late, he does subliminal instead of overt disses.

I'm not sure why Kanye would go on Twitter to express his frustration with Matt Lauer when he could of discussed it with him afterward or had his publicist express it to NBC. Also, maybe because of editing or whatever, he comes across as egocentric and self important, especially with his disliking the playing of clips or people talking while he's talking.

As far as the interview goes, it took him way too many words to say he apologizes for calling George Bush a racist and his outburst was mainly due to his emotions at the moment.
Man you guys are over-blowing shit. Honestly, I'm surprised Kanye even cares that much about it, I almost wish he was more militant and told the media that he doesn't regret any of it. Playing clips of a person talking while you're talking is rude, especially when you're as prominent of an entertainer as Kanye. I'm almost starting to think this is a black thing. Music artists in the more explicit genres including rock and rap all are a bit egocentric. You think Keith Richards or Mick Jagger would put up with that shit. Kanye West has reached that plateau of the media, where he deserves a level of respect or at least attention.

Have you seen his Hot 97 interview? He comes across as having the best intentions, and isn't offended when other artists diss him, in fact he even attempts to empathize with him.

This is my last post addressing Kanye's issues with the media, as honestly I couldn't give a shit less what he does...His musical persona more than makes up for it to me.

There's a difference between soft and canned question from Funk Master Flex and direct, on the spot heat from Matt Lauer. I understood Kanye's frustrations, as Lauer was clearly trying to confront him on the two major topics (Swift and Bush) but by going on Twitter, it doesn't help his image problem.

And the atmosphere in the Hot 97 Studio is not the same as a news/variety show on NBC.

And the whole root of the problem is Kanye has never learned how to shut up or control himself. Jay-Z has advised him that he needs to work on it.

Spiderjericho said:
Jay-Z has advised him that he needs to work on it.
good. glad someone in his camp that he trusts is pointing him in the right direction. yes men and sympathizers will back-pat him until he falls right off a fucking cliff.

anyway...this album...it's not going to ever get old. I didn't think that would be the case, really. but this album is just amazing. 10 years from now, i'll still be giving this album spins.

good job, Kanye. good job.

side note: anyone ever wonder why kind of album we would have gotten had the Swift incident not happened? Basic Chaos Theory suggests that the entirety of that experience (embarrassment, personal struggle, shame, depression, etc) probably greatly influenced the mood of songs, lyrics and beats. wish there was an alternate dimension where none of that happened so we could see what that album would have sounded like. :D

Dreams-Visions said:
good. glad someone in his camp that he trusts is pointing him in the right direction. yes men and sympathizers will back-pat him until he falls right off a fucking cliff.

anyway...this album...it's not going to ever get old. I didn't think that would be the case, really. but this album is just amazing. 10 years from now, i'll still be giving this album spins.

good job, Kanye. good job.

side note: anyone ever wonder why kind of album we would have gotten had the Swift incident not happened? Basic Chaos Theory suggests that the entirety of that experience (embarrassment, personal struggle, shame, depression, etc) probably greatly influenced the mood of songs, lyrics and beats. wish there was an alternate dimension where none of that happened so we could see what that album would have sounded like. :D

Jay-Z isn't the first person to tell him to pull back on the emotional outbursts. A.Keys and other famous music industry types have tried to help pacify him.

And outbursts/controversy is not unusual for Kanye. His first Grammy's award. The European VMAs. The VMAs. The Hurricane Katrina Telethon. The recent nudie pictures. The airport incident with the cameraman. The Tweets. The passing of his mother. Breaking up with his fiancee.

Kanye's life always has ups/downs and things to derive inspiration or subject matter for his music.

Kanye is a passionate/emotional person. It's what drives him as a musician, rapper, etc.

HiResDes said:
And you think censoring Kanye's dealings with the media wouldn't have consequences on his artistic output? :lol

...Please
what does censoring media dealings have to do with learning how to conduct yourself in the face of them?

nobody is suggesting he NOT do x or y media thing (which seems to be what he is now suggesting himself). rather, the point we've been making is that he can better handle those times and questions. believe it or not, with support he can and would still retain the same feelings about these situations...but not look lost or confused in the moment. and without feeling a need to vent in front of the world.

there's a happy middle that you seem to be oblivious to.

Spiderjericho said:
Jay-Z isn't the first person to tell him to pull back on the emotional outbursts. A.Keys and other famous music industry types have tried to help pacify him.

And outbursts/controversy is not unusual for Kanye. His first Grammy's award. The European VMAs. The VMAs. The Hurricane Katrina Telethon. The recent nudie pictures. The airport incident with the cameraman. The Tweets. The passing of his mother. Breaking up with his fiancee.

Kanye's life always has ups/downs and things to derive inspiration or subject matter for his music.

Kanye is a passionate/emotional person. It's what drives him as a musician, rapper, etc.
nobody is asking him not to be passionate or emotional. I'm not sure why some of you are missing that obvious point.

We're saying be emotional and passionate privately and in the music as you express it. Learn to field the public questions like a fucking champ, then rage on the limo ride home with people that feel you. Punch a kitten. I don't give a fuck.

PhoenixDark said:
It's odd because Kanye seemed sincere and made his points clearly on that radio show a few weeks ago; he empathized with Bush and moved on. Yet with Lauer he seemed intent to be difficult and start shit while playing the victim

It's crazy. I find myself liking Kanye less now than when he was rushing the stage at the VMAs. Quit fucking saying "I'm being positive" over and over, while acting like a bitch over every little thing that doesn't go your way.

Dreams-Visions said:

I was responding to another post. I personally thought that interview was poor ((in how it took him a long time to basically apologize) and his reaction on twitter pointless and childish.

I thought after the death of his mother and the South Park episode, he'd tone down his public outbursts.

My girlfriend knows I like his music but seems to be confused in that love/enthusiasm also extends to my opinion of the person. I think the success has gotten to his head. His two outbursts at the European and American VMAs were in poor taste and taking away from this happy and congratulatory moment for a fellow peer in the music industry.

CaptYamato said:
Blame Game is one of the best songs I have heard in years.
YES.

I was stunned on first listen.

jaw dropped on, "...and I heard the whooole thing....whole thing...whooooolllleeee thinnnnnng...."

Easily the heaviest song on the album.

Tokubetsu

Dreams-Visions said:
YES.

jaw dropped on, "...and I heard the whooole thing....whole thing...whooooolllleeee thinnnnnng...."

I love that last verse with all the fx/distortion on Kanye's voice

Dreams-Visions said:
YES.

I was in the gym when it came on. I just sat in the gym like damn...Power is a great song to work out to.

MMaRsu

Ashhong said:
Has not...

You're right it's not, I was confused with love pink..is that a mixtape or something?

1289374597_nicki-minaj-love-pink.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom