• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE2 - consolegaming.eu tournament (euroGAF, assemble!)

alba

Little is the new Big
egaf_banner.jpg

INFOS:

/!\ Rules (Regular)
/!\ Rules (Tournament)
/!\ Brackets
/!\ Clanpage

SCHEDULE:
-------------------
> Next match:
-------------------

DETAILS
  • Friday, 13th March 2009
  • 20:30 (GMT)
  • euroGAF vs. FSL
  • 10 vs. 10
  • [ xx : xx ]
  • Challenge: Pending (requested by FSL but I'm waiting to confirm the lineup)

LINEUP (5/10)
  • alba - Raist - TTP - ilparazzo - ChryZ
  • Cagen - Dave1988 - player8 - player9 - player10

MAP SCORES
  1. mapname [ xx : xx ]
  2. mapname [ xx : xx ]
  3. mapname [ xx : xx ]
  4. mapname [ xx : xx ]
  5. mapname [ xx : xx ]

ROSTER (currently registered on consolegaming.eu & eligible)

/!\ PLEASE post in this thread to let us know when/if you're able to play so I can mark you as confirmed for said date/time, thanks!

1. alba (Tactician+Boost) - OK!
  2. archnemesis (xxx) - (?)
  3. Cagen (xxx) - OK!
  4. ChryZ (xxx) - OK!
  5. Dave1988 (xxx) - OK!
  6. Dragnet (xxx) - (?)
  7. DunpealD (xxx) - (?)
  8. FFObssessed (Scout) - (?)
  9. ilparazzo (Saboteur+Boost) - OK!
  10. Live_Feed (xxx) - no!
  11. Negaiido (xxx) - (?)
  12. Raistlinn (Medic) - OK!
  13. rick808 (Medic/Saboteur) - OK!
  14. TTP (Tactician+Boost) - OK!
  15. Wollan (xxx) - (?)

If we're more than the required number, we'll do a rotation between maps or something.
If you're not registered yet, don't worry. You can register and it'll only take 24 hours for you to be registered, just make sure you pm one of the admin so we can accept you!

BRACKETS:
---------------------------
> Previous matches:
---------------------------

DETAILS

Enjoy, Have fun!

Raist

Banned
I'm in. :D

Will probably play medic.

edit: I hope FF will be on so I'll be able to kill Cagen.

lol :p

Cagen

Raist said:
I'm in. :D

Will probably play medic.

edit: I hope FF will be on so I'll be able to kill Cagen.

lol :p

You had better watch your friendly fire in this tournament :lol.

Raist

Banned
Cagen said:
You had better watch your friendly fire in this tournament :lol.

C'mon I only killed you twice and completely on accident :(

Second time, Dave walked around some buildings, so I strafed to get him, and you showed up. I fired ONE bullet and you were down :lol

alba

Little is the new Big
TTP said:
Available (as long as you keep dealing with the organization of this :p)

No worries, will update things daily or something, shouldn't be too annoying and it's just for one tournament, hope they'll get their head out of their asses and use the ingame stuff next time (if ever) :D

*added you guys* if you could specify your class too, would help.

Cagen

Raist said:
C'mon I only killed you twice and completely on accident :(

Second time, Dave walked around some buildings, so I strafed to get him, and you showed up. I fired ONE bullet and you were down :lol

You killed me way more then twice and that one bullet was pin point precision - you were gunning for me!

As far as class goes I can play anything that is needed, though I guess I prefer Saboteur and Engineer.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
alba said:
No worries, will update things daily or something, shouldn't be too annoying and it's just for one tournament, hope they'll get their head out of their asses and use the ingame stuff next time (if ever) :D

*added you guys* if you could specify your class too, would help.

My class is Tactician/Assault (Spawn points + Boost). I know my shit. I'll put you where u need to be.

Ilparazzo

TTP said:
My class is Tactician/Assault (Spawn points + Boost). I know my shit. I'll put you where u need to be.
It's true, he does. With you there I know we have at least search and retrieve easy.

Raist

Banned
Cagen said:
You killed me way more then twice and that one bullet was pin point precision - you were gunning for me!

As far as class goes I can play anything that is needed, though I guess I prefer Saboteur and Engineer.

That's not what I mean!
Dave was playing as a sab, and when I strafed around the buildings to cut his way to the objective (I think it was S&D at that point) you popped out of nowhere, and I thought it was him. As I pressed L1 I thought "oh shit, looks like an engineer, not a regular solider".
All this stuff happened in like a heartbeat, that was a pure
bad
reflex.

Not sure about "way more", since I was around -6 kills max during all the games :p

alba

Little is the new Big
TTP said:

hehe me too, i should put secondary badges aswell! (thanks for the tip) :D

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Ilparazzo said:
It's true, he does. With you there I know we have at least search and retrieve easy.

:lol

Boosting my way to the goal leaving a trail of spawn points behind me

alba

Little is the new Big
I'll only put the secondary badge if you're using a different one from the default then, settled :D

Raist

Banned
TTP said:
:lol

Boosting my way to the goal leaving a trail of spawn points behind me

Oh btw, when you have less than full health and see me around, stop running away from me :p I lost count of the times I would try for 2 minutes to toss a health pack at you :lol
I pretty much always drop healthpacks at people. If I don't, it's probabvly because it's on cooldown.

I wish they would increase the range a bit. For tact. nades it makes sense because it would be too easy to place annoying spawn points, but for health packs it's really a pain.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
alba said:
I'll only put the secondary badge if you're using a different one from the default then, settled :D

We need to sign a Spawn Point Deployment Agreement. I hate when I have no spawn points available cos another Tactician has used both. Let's be friend and use only one Spawn Point each alright?

Cagen

You know I am just messing with you, Raist. Anyway we really ought to stop shitting up this thread with talk of tonight's games.

How are we to go about finding the tournament matches with the god awful in game browser? Will someone have to add the creator of the game (even if they are from the opposition) to their friends list to follow them in for every game?

Also how are you planning on handling disconnections? If there are reserve players online at the time, they will be invited to take the spot else the player who disconnected, if they are able to reconnect just rejoin the match?

I usually play full Engineer and repair stuff around the map to gain an advantage and then switch to Engineer/Assault. Everyone uses boost as their secondary badge lol. Although it totally depends on the situation. What's the rules on switching badges mid game?

Ilparazzo

Cagen said:
You know I am just messing with you, Raist. Anyway we really ought to stop shitting up this thread with talk of tonight's games.

How are we to go about finding the tournament matches with the god awful in game browser? Will someone have to add the creator of the game (even if they are from the opposition) to their friends list to follow them in for every game?

Also how are you planning on handling disconnections? If there are reserve players online at the time, they will be invited to take the spot else the player who disconnected, if they are able to reconnect just rejoin the match?
Straight from the rulebook:
Disconnections (Warfare)

1. If a player drops/disconnects, the round will continue and the team that lost the player will play short handed until an eligible player is re-invited.
2. In the event of a room drop/host disconnection the match will resume from where it left off, with the scores the same on both sides. For example, if 2 rounds have been played, removed 2 rounds from the set up and carry on.
3. To ensure scores are the same when the match is restarted, proof may be neccessary. (if the opposing team claim that your score wasnt what you say it was, and you have no evidence of the scores, the round will be started from scratch.)
I'm guessing we will set up the game through an ingame challenge so you should be able to see the game in the events page.

EDIT: No assault class? The people that set up the tournament are weak in the knees...

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Raist said:
Oh btw, when you have less than full health and see me around, stop running away from me :p I lost count of the times I would try for 2 minutes to toss a health pack at you :lol
I pretty much always drop healthpacks at people. If I don't, it's probabvly because it's on cooldown.

I wish they would increase the range a bit. For tact. nades it makes sense because it would be too easy to place annoying spawn points, but for health packs it's really a pain.

Roger that!

Cagen

Ilparazzo said:
Straight from the rulebook:
Disconnections (Warfare)

1. If a player drops/disconnects, the round will continue and the team that lost the player will play short handed until an eligible player is re-invited.
2. In the event of a room drop/host disconnection the match will resume from where it left off, with the scores the same on both sides. For example, if 2 rounds have been played, removed 2 rounds from the set up and carry on.
3. To ensure scores are the same when the match is restarted, proof may be neccessary. (if the opposing team claim that your score wasnt what you say it was, and you have no evidence of the scores, the round will be started from scratch.)

I'm guessing we will set up the game through an ingame challenge so you should be able to see the game in the events page.

Yeah I read that but it leaves it up to the clan to decide who the player they reinvite is - though I would assume you would use something like I said with reserve players. Also with the way it is worded I take it a player can be invited (if someone disconnects) during a round?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Cagen said:
I usually play full Engineer and repair stuff around the map to gain an advantage and then switch to Engineer/Assault. Everyone uses boost as their secondary badge lol. Although it totally depends on the situation. What's the rules on switching badges mid game?

What if oppositions destroys our stuff? And isn't it faster to repair damaged turrets rather than deploy them again? (Since there is no recharge time)

Ilparazzo

Cagen said:
Yeah I read that but it leaves it up to the clan to decide who the player they reinvite is - though I would assume you would use something like I said with reserve players. Also with the way it is worded I take it a player can be invited (if someone disconnects) during a round?

Yeah, just have to make sure the other players in the team are on hold and if for some reason someone disconnects and can't seem to get on the game again (like webs going down) you can just send them a message through the XMB. Actually happened once during our EU MGO tournament I think.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Cagen said:

Which means they are not going to use the in-game challenge system cos as far as I know you cannot join an ongoing challenge. It's probably going to be passworded.

Ilparazzo

TTP said:
Which means they are not going to use the in-game challenge system cos as far as I know you cannot join an ongoing challenge. It's probably going to be passworded.
It does say It's a passworded game but since I didn't actually ever saw a challenge or anything I didn't give it much thought.

EDIT:
Assault Class - Off
Scout Class - On

C4 - On

Cagen

TTP said:
What if oppositions destroys our stuff? And isn't it faster to repair damaged turrets rather than deploy them again? (Since there is no recharge time)

Yeah it is but I find turrets to be fairly ineffective anyway, they serve more as a distraction or additional damage and I tend to set them up to cover an area and leave them there as I find myself more effective moving around making kills. Ammo crates are fairly useful but people tend to only need to use the first one at spawn to pick up some additional ammo and that extra grenade. Mounted MG's are pretty good to get a few kills but are better for covering a central location - search and destroy for example, therefore aren't great in other modes where you have to move around a lot. None of this is in a clan perspective though as I would assume it will play out differently and if needed I can play as a full engineer all the time - or switch between repair/boost sporadically.

If Assault is banned, what about the secondary badge, as a lot of people plan on using it?

Raist

Banned
If assault class is disabled, doesn't it disable both badges at the same time?

And looks like it's a 5 map rotation. How are they picked btw? Are there any agreements, or is it a mandatory list?

Ilparazzo

Cagen said:
Yeah it is but I find turrets to be fairly ineffective anyway, they serve more as a distraction or additional damage and I tend to set them up to cover an area and leave them there as I find myself more effective moving around making kills. Ammo crates are fairly useful but people tend to only need to use the first one at spawn to pick up some additional ammo and that extra grenade. Mounted MG's are pretty good to get a few kills but are better for covering a central location - search and destroy for example, therefore aren't great in other modes where you have to move around a lot. None of this is in a clan perspective though as I would assume it will play out differently and if needed I can play as a full engineer all the time - or switch between repair/boost sporadically.

If Assault is banned, what about the secondary badge, as a lot of people plan on using it?
I guess that lot of people is fucked? I guess I can see where the organizers are coming from
they're pussies

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Cagen said:
No Assault means no secondary badge to combine either :/

Cagen

Raist said:
If assault class is disabled, doesn't it disable both badges at the same time?

And looks like it's a 5 map rotation. How are they picked btw? Are there any agreements, or is it a mandatory list?

If that is so as I can't recall, it's time to rethink strategy lol.

Tharsis Depot x5.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
How many C4 can be placed per team? Is it the same as with everything else deployable? Only 3?

Cagen

TTP said:
How many C4 can be placed per team? Is it the same as with everything else deployable? Only 3?

Live_Feed and I had 3 each - so 6, guarding capture points earlier today so I am not sure. Also turrets are a max of 4 :p.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Cagen said:
Live_Feed and I had 3 each - so 6, guarding capture points earlier today so I am not sure. Also turrets are a max of 4 :p.

I know. I mean "the same" as in "are they shared by the whole team or not"?

Ilparazzo

TTP said:
yes, 3. I haven't used C4 in a while but I think your stash is independent from the rest of the team? (I don't think anyone one played sab when I was using C4)

EDIT: wow, beaten by everyone.

EDIT EDIT: Or maybe not? It's late I can't read anymore

Cagen

If we can't muster up 10 players do we go into the match out numbered or do we automatically forfeit, seeing as each match has a set date it has to be played by?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Ilparazzo said:
yes, 3. I haven't used C4 in a while but I think your stash is independent from the rest of the team? (I don't think anyone one played sab when I was using C4)

EDIT: wow, beaten by everyone.

If that's so, I'll go Tactician/Saboteur.

Ilparazzo

Cagen said:
If we can't muster up 10 players do we go into the match out numbered or do we automatically forfeit, seeing as each match has a set date it has to be played by?
Ridiculous! We have a bunch of people to play, good people, STRONG people!

Also, 4 against 10? That's like 2,5 for each of us, good odds for any GAFe'er.

Cagen

Ilparazzo said:
Ridiculous! We have a bunch of people to play, good people, STRONG people!

Also, 4 against 10? That's like 2,5 for each of us, good odds for any GAFe'er.

Lol, what I meant was are we forced to forfeit by some silly rule or are we allowed to go in Braveheart style?

Overly confident, I like it.

Ilparazzo

Cagen said:
Lol, what I meant was are we forced to forfeit by some silly rule or are we allowed to go in Braveheart style?

That's how I roll.

My tired eyes see nothing on the rules about having less people on a team being a punishable offense so I'm guessing It's all good (We get to paint our faces blue hooray).

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Cagen said:

More like
vhbvqp.jpg

Albeit they didn't actually win.

Cagen

Raist said:

# The team that is ranked higher will select the first map's side choice. The lower team selects on the second map.
# The team that has won the most rounds in the first two maps of a best of 3 chooses what side to go as in the deciding match. In the event of both teams having the same count, then the highest ranked team chooses what side to go as. In a best of 5 situation, if the game goes to a deciding round then the team that has won the individual rounds out of the 4 that have been played gets to choose. Again, in the event of a tie, the highest ranked team chooses.

How are the factions decided? I really think that on some maps HGH are at a disadvantage, which blows.

Edit: Holy crap I am tired, I just realised I posted the answer to my own question and not to what Raist asked. Although neither team will be ranked higher as it is both our first matches, no?

Top Bottom