• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE2 - consolegaming.eu tournament (euroGAF, assemble!)

Ilparazzo

TTP said:
More like
vhbvqp.jpg

Albeit they didn't actually win.
But they will sing our praises for years to come!

I also see that as the ones being challenged we have to accept the choice of maps of the other team...

Cagen

OK this Assault ban rubbish is starting to annoy me heh.

In the tournament rules it states...

---------------
Special Optional Match Options
----------------

Assault Class - Off
Scout Class - On

C4 - On

Now this has Assault set to off, however the title of this section is "Special Optional Match Options".

In the match rules for the match against FRoM SPaiN WiTH LoVe, our first match, it states "Assault Class : On".

In the general rules under "Challenge option settings" it says "Ban Assault Class : On/Off ( Decide whether the Assault Class will be banned for the match)"

On the ConsoleGaming.eu forums I have been looking at the tournament forums and some people have been playing with boost on. Some of the replies have questioned the legitimacy of this as they believe Assault has been banned from the tournament.

To me this all says that the Assault class is allowed, depending on the challengers preference. For our first match it is allowed.

Ilparazzo

Cagen said:
OK this Assault ban rubbish is starting to annoy me heh.

In the tournament rules it states...

---------------
Special Optional Match Options
----------------

Assault Class - Off
Scout Class - On

C4 - On

Now this has Assault set to off, however the title of this section is "Special Optional Match Options".

In the match rules for the match against FRoM SPaiN WiTH LoVe, our first match, it states "Assault Class : On".

In the general rules under "Challenge option settings" it says "Ban Assault Class : On/Off ( Decide whether the Assault Class will be banned for the match)"

On the ConsoleGaming.eu forums I have been looking at the tournament forums and some people have been playing with boost on. Some of the replies have questioned the legitimacy of this as they believe Assault has been banned from the tournament.

To me this all says that the Assault class is allowed, depending on the challengers preference. For our first match it is allowed.
To me all of that says, that the organizers don't know what the hell they are doing, they should've just went with the in-game crap and that would be that.

Raist

Banned
Ilparazzo said:
To me all of that says, that the organizers don't know what the hell they are doing, they should've just went with the in-game crap and that would be that.

That's what I thought. Now the problem is, getting 128 clans to sign up to an ingame tournament could have been a painful process :p

"We're almost there, 120 clans signed up!"
"Oh wait, wtf is this clan doing here, they were not supposed to be part of the tourney"
"Shit"

Now that I think of it, are all the clans europeans only?

Ilparazzo

Raist said:
That's what I thought. Now the problem is, getting 128 clans to sign up to an ingame tournament could have been a painful process :p

"We're almost there, 120 clans signed up!"
"Oh wait, wtf is this clan doing here, they were not supposed to be part of the tourney"
"Shit"

Now that I think of it, are all the clans europeans only?
Don't think so, isn't this the worldwide tournament?

Cagen

With it being on a European gaming website you would assume it was a European tournament, however some of the clans have international players.

Ilparazzo

Maybe the site is just a wonderful coincidence?

Looking at "from spain with love" they actually have an american with them, guess they don't know much about geography...

Already registered in consolegaming.eu, please send me the invite for the clan (same id, Vasilisk). I'm not very sure if I could play the match, but I'll try, tomorrow I'll confirm you guys. About the bagdes, I love play as a pure tactician, medic with drone spamming and engineer :D

EDIT Ok, with 2 tacticians (Alba and TTP) probably I would use either medic + drone spamming or engineer

dazed808

Count me in fellas, times not great for me but sure i'll sort something out. Happy to go medic or sab, gonna work on my c4 ribbon next few days so I can combine between the 2 classes where necessary.

Facism

Unavailable, alba. It starts 30 minutes before i get off from work. Good luck to those who can make it!

Lince

Banned
I've been trying to register my account in consolegaming.eu several times today but the site just won't load for me... :(

Cagen

Lince said:
I've been trying to register my account in consolegaming.eu several times today but the site just won't load for me... :(

The site has been down for about 24 hours now. I hope there is nothing I have to do to validated my eligibility on the site as I only registered the other day and I have to be eligible for the match 12 hours prior.

As far as the match goes, someone needs to plan out a strategy, who plays what, who is in each squad, which squad is going to attack and which is going to defend. We had a larger game earlier today 8v8 and we were horribly un-organised - if we are like this for the tournament we'll be ripped to shreds.

DunpealD

Dave1988 said:
Count me in, Alba.

Same here, but on another note we seriously need think of some strategies. The challenge today was chaotic, if we play like that again we'll probably lose.

Ok people, at the end I'll be able to play the match. Count with my rifle!

About tactics, I think we should think about who is in each squad and the classes we'll use, to get a balanced team

Lince

Banned
Vasilisk said:
Ok people, at the end I'll be able to play the match. Count with mi rifle!

About tactics, I think we should think about who is in each squad and the classes we'll use, to get a balanced team

here:

TTP said:
we should define defending and attacking teams, and stick to that.

Like, in a 8vs8 match

Team Alpha (defenders)
- Tactician with air drones for keeping defenders where they need to be.
- Engineer with C4 mining the shit out of everything and placing turrets.
- Engineer with repair for placing turrets and repair that damn turret in the balcony in Salamun Market.
- Scout with Spot and Mark concentrating on killing enemies placing/defusing charges in S&D

Bravo Team (attackers)
- Tactician with boost for pushing the team forward
- Saboteur with C4 to sneak to the objective and place C4s like there is no tomorrow.
- Assault with boost for delivering propaganda speakers and placing charges (as he can sustain more damage while he is "idle" placing those charges)
- Medic to keep the team alive as much as possible

Raist

Banned
So we still need 2 guys.

Remember, it's a 10vs10 match.

We at least need 2 medics, 2 tact and 2 engineers. At least one sab and one scout. One assault for massive damage (I think it's allowed in this match?)

Now we need to know if we make 2 squads with 4 people and 1 with 2 (sab and scout?)
or 2x3 + 4

¿At the end it is possible to use Assault? And about the teams, thats a pretty balanced combination, and I would stick to 4 + 4 + 2, the 2-man squad a support squad with Sabs (or Snipers in Phirrus Rise).

Raist

Banned
Vasilisk said:
¿At the end it is possible to use Assault? And about the teams, thats a pretty balanced combination, and I would stick to 4 + 4 + 2, the 2-man squad a support squad with Sabs (or Snipers in Phirrus Rise).

It's up to the clan leaders to decide whether scouts and assaults are disabled or not, it's not a mandatory rule. The only one is that the rocket launcher is banned IIRC.
AFAIK assault is allowed in tomorrow's game.

alba said:
-------------------
> Next match:
-------------------

DETAILS
  • Friday, 13th March 2009
  • 20:30 (GMT)

alba said:
Is there a typo in the OP or do we have two different matches against FSL? I'm available for the 13th, but on the 19th I'm going to a concert. I'll be happy to play whatever class we need for the team.

Cagen

Vasilisk said:

Pretty sure we're allowed assult/boost in this match, so yes.

So we still need 2 guys.

rick808 and Vas are in, so we're down to filling 1 spot.

I can take one of the engineering roles as there are people probably a bit better at Sab then myself, Ilp for example.

If we go with a set up like Marcel suggested, I think this plays to most peoples strong points, forgive me if I get someone out of place as I don't know all of you. This is just a suggestion and open to discussion, admiration or hatred :lol.

Team Alpha (defenders)
- Tactician with air drones for keeping defenders where they need to be. - Alba or Marcel
- Engineer with C4 mining the shit out of everything and placing turrets. - Myself or Negaiido
- Engineer with repair for placing turrets and repair that damn turret in the balcony in Salamun Market. - Myself or Negaiido
- Scout with Spot and Mark concentrating on killing enemies placing/defusing charges in S&D - No 10th player yet but FFObsessed would take the scout spot, ChryZ maybe and drop our anything role from Charlie?

Bravo Team (attackers)
- Tactician with boost for pushing the team forward Alba or Marcel
- Saboteur with C4 to sneak to the objective and place C4s like there is no tomorrow. - Ilparazzo
- Assault with boost for delivering propaganda speakers and placing charges (as he can sustain more damage while he is "idle" placing those charges) - Dave1988
- Medic to keep the team alive as much as possible - Raist

Charlie Team (This is what I would suggest playing in support of either squad)
- Saboteur/Assault/Scout/Medic depending on map or players strong point - ChryZ
- Medic - rick808

Cagen

archnemesis said:
Is there a typo in the OP or do we have two different matches against FSL? I'm available for the 13th, but on the 19th I'm going to a concert. I'll be happy to play whatever class we need for the team.

The match is tomorrow, Friday the 13th. Spooky!

alba

Little is the new Big
archnemesis said:

thanks for pointing that out, it's the 13th btw. Anybody here can contact wollan to know if he can play? (we're in march, when is he unbanned?)

ChryZ

Do we have to pick a certain class? I usually prefer to switch for any given situation/mode, but no worries ... any class is fine with me.

Facism

ChryZ said:
Do we have to pick a certain class? I usually prefer to switch for any given situation/mode, but no worries ... any class is fine with me.

Yeh i'd take the class formations as guidance, not concrete irrefutable facts :p

Personally i'd Sab with spot and mark.

dazed808

Cagen said:
Looks like it, that kind of shits on us getting this sorted lol.

Also, why is the god damn website for console gaming still down.

Erm yeah could leave us a prob - TTP, can you make him an officer in the clan so he can at least message us in-game?

Cagen - hope you and Lince can get registered ok as we're tight on numbers as it is and you're both strong players.

Gonna miss that Live_whateverhisnameis as well ,he's not too bad a player ;)

Facism

dazed808 said:
Erm yeah could leave us a prob - TTP, can you make him an officer in the clan so he can at least message us in-game?

Cagen - hope you and Lince can get registered ok as we're tight on numbers as it is and you're both strong players.

You're lucky we're in the same clan, so you don't taste the Turkish steel D:

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
dazed808 said:

Will do right now.

Why was he banned anyway?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
As for tactics I think the best solution is actually different from the one I proposed earlier. Instead of having an attacking and a defending team, we should have two somewhat equal teams able to be on the offensive and the defensive anytime.

This is because not every mission requires a team to be solely defending and another one solely attacking. In C&H and S&R games you might want to have specialized teams, but not in Assassination or S&D ones, where everyone should be attacking or defending.

Now, I can think about tactics and stuff, but I need to know which maps we are playing, on which side and how many Gaffers will be there.

Raist

Banned
Also a small idea, one member of each squads should stick with the other squad, to allow communication between squads. That's important IMO.

Facism

Raist said:
Also a small idea, one member of each squads should stick with the other squad, to allow communication between squads. That's important IMO.

Also, keep your lips sealed when you die.

Cagen

TTP said:
As for tactics I think the best solution is actually different from the one I proposed earlier. Instead of having an attacking and a defending team, we should have two somewhat equal teams able to be on the offensive and the defensive anytime.

This is because not every mission requires a team to be solely defending and another one solely attacking. In C&H and S&R games you might want to have specialized teams, but not in Assassination or S&D ones, where everyone should be attacking or defending.

Now, I can think about tactics and stuff, but I need to know which maps we are playing, on which side and how many Gaffers will be there.

I think there will be 9 of us, so I would do 3 squads of 3 (if we get the full 10, 2 squads of 4 and a squad of 2) to get as many squad leaders on the field as possible to spawn at if spawn grenades die or are in the wrong place after a game mode change. We'll be playing 5 maps, so 5 of the 8 means that we will have to be versatile with the squads and just put together an over all rough team instead of specifics.

As the website is still down, I don't think we will be playing anyway as we have to accept the challenge via the website and sort things out there - which we can't do.

Yeah, I also think we won't play the match, the site is down, and the organization looks too messy. Anyway I'll try to stay even if we play a regular match.

Lince

Banned
Vasilisk said:
Yeah, I also think we won't play the match, the site is down, and the organization looks too messy. Anyway I'll try to stay even if we play a regular match.

then maybe I could play with you guys, yesterday it won't let me get into warzone (WTF?) and resorted to Street Fighter online instead... meh!

Raist

Banned
Why the hell would we need this website anyway. I mean, the clans are known, AFAIK alba communicates with the other clan's leader, so what gives?

Cagen

Raist said:
Why the hell would we need this website anyway. I mean, the clans are known, AFAIK alba communicates with the other clan's leader, so what gives?

I would assume he has been communicating with the other clan through the site so with out it you're a bit stuck.

Top Bottom