• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konkey Dong Jungle Beat - JPN Box

olimario

Banned
boxart_jap_dk_junglebeat_bundle_large.jpg

:D

Prospero

I hope the silhouetted Donkey Kong logo makes it onto the US box. It reminds me of those Andre the Giant stickers that popped up all over the place a while back:

obeysticker.jpg

brandonnn

BEAUTY&SEXY
Nice to see the legacy of the DK Rap still lives on.

He's bigger! faster! and stronger too!
He's the first member of the DK crew!
D. K.! Donkey Kong! HEY!
D. K.! Donkey Kong is here!

CrisKre

This may very well become my new wallpaper (if I can convince myself to remove the gorgeous Pikmin 2 art I have right now)

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Deku Tree said:
If it comes with the bongos in JPN, it should come with the bongos in the US market too.
I hope this is true. I could definitely use another set.

Also, this boxart is indeed awesome.

Memles

Definitely picking this one up...wonder if they'll release the first Donkey Konga song Disc at the same time, so people who are picking up just Jungle Beat can buy a standalone Konga disc for cheap to test out the game.

"The king of kings!"

Oh man, I so wish NOA would keep this slogan for the US version. It would become so controversial and bring so many sales for the game.

Deg

Banned
I just like the small changes they made. Looks like the best DK look for a while. Should have used this for Konga.

Trevelyon

explodet said:
Everybody on that boxart looks so pissed off :lol

Heh, it's kind of odd considering the colourful & lighthearted look of the game. Yet the boxart has this very urgent & serious tone, but that being said, I think it rocks.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Nintendo's boxart in Japan has been recently excellent. The layout and typography here is cool, too.

GAF members from Japan - any idea which agency they are using? I could make a favor to western boxart and see what they can do.

snapty00

Banned
Jonnyboy117 said:
"The king of kings!"

Oh man, I so wish NOA would keep this slogan for the US version. It would become so controversial and bring so many sales for the game.
Uh, no it wouldn't. It just means "king of kings." That's it.

Some of you folks are stupid.

snapty00 said:
Uh, no it wouldn't. It just means "king of kings." That's it.

Some of you folks are stupid.

Just like no one would mind if he teamed up with "Prince of Peace" Diddy Kong, "Alpha and Omega" Cranky Kong, and "Good Shepherd" Funky Kong.

Of course there is no controversy intended, but it just wouldn't go over well in an English speaking country. I would assume that it was meant as a play on "King of Swing," taking it to a new level, but I doubt that many Japanese understand the connotation to "King of Kings" in English.

Either that, or they are looking into making a Xenosaga crossover...wait a minute, Namco has Xenosaga and worked on Donkey Konga...maybe a Xeno-Konga for GC is next.

Diomedeskun said:
Of course there is no controversy intended, but it just wouldn't go over well in an English speaking country. I would assume that it was meant as a play on "King of Swing," taking it to a new level, but I doubt that many Japanese understand the connotation to "King of Kings" in English.

That's exactly why they should do it. Any publicity is good publicity.

Plus people would soon be abated if they explained it was in reference to things like his semi-namesake "King Kong" and terms like "King of Swing". In fact a lot of people would make the connection between the word king and the great ape.

I LOVE the boxart by the way.

impirius

"Kiiiiiing of kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiings,
(*thumpathumpthump, thumpathumpthump*)
Loooord of loooooooooooords,
(*thumpathumpthump, thumpathumpthump*)"

snapty00

Banned
Am I the only one who hears "King of Kings" used commonly ALL the time with no Biblical connotations? I hear people say it casually all the time, and other people never relate it to the Bible. It's just like "Mother of Mothers."

I don't think any English-speaking nation would give a shit, honestly. Maybe this board would go off the deep end about how "cool" that is, but I doubt entire nations would.

miyuru

I'd guess it's a shorter game, maybe 10-12 hours. But I'm also sure the replay value will be really high.

Ironclad

This game looked great at E3, and I definetly have to pick this up. The boxart is excellent IMO because the detail on donkey kong is great.

And this may well be the best Donkey Kong game ever. It's much more fun than DKC or any of the offshoot games (DK 94, DK vs Mario) and it has fucking beautiful visuals.

Jonnyram

I'm not complaining but what's up with Nintendo's recent moves to put an English title on Japanese boxes, with katakana underneath. I noticed Mario Tennis GC used English too - Mario Golf had a katakana logo.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
DK '94 wasn't an offshoot game, if anything it was the purist sequel. Yoshiaki Koizumi is the director of this game, he will definitely play as big a part in future Nintendo as Eiji Aonuma.

Top Bottom