• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

La Pucelle Tactics = $19.99 @ Target instore (YMMV)

3 local targets didn't have the game. But the one I went to (called the rest) had 25 copies of Nightcaster II for $12.99. Where are the priorities?!

but they had Tetris Worlds for the GBA on clearance for $9.99, so all was not lost. I know the game is only mediocre at best but I've been wanting a Tetris fix for awhile now and the used shops in the area carry the GB Tetris for $24.99 used. Yes, used.

Seth C

Called. Got a guy in electronics. It rings up at $19.99, but he looked around and couldn't find one. Thinking of calling back and asking for the service desk. Surely someone can just check stock on it.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Is the game really that good? I never did play Disgaea so I don't know what to expect. Are there long cutscenes and crap? Good story? What about the battles?

jiggle

Seth C said:
Called. Got a guy in electronics. It rings up at $19.99, but he looked around and couldn't find one. Thinking of calling back and asking for the service desk. Surely someone can just check stock on it.

You can get a raincheck if they're out of stock. Can be used to buy other games too, I think.:)

Meier

Wario64 said:
Is the game really that good? I never did play Disgaea so I don't know what to expect.

Disgaea is the PS2's best game, for reference. The one I went to didnt seem to have any (none in the case, none in the clearance section but AgentDormer snagged one for me at his local Target -- woo!

Matlock

Banned
Poorly designed distribution, assumption that it would sell on the coattails of the previous title, you know...a lot of stuff you could just curry up to YMMV.

B'z-chan said:
Sure does actually we have more than that. I'll go and pick up some if you guys want. Just pm me.

Hell, sounds like you got the copies for your entire district.

I'd wait.

If they have 27+ copies, this thing will be $5 in a few weeks.

For some retarded reason, we took on something like 30 copies of Ape Escape 2 when it was released. Perhaps because we were a new store, or because our ordering system is run by retarded leprechauns.

Anyhow, within two months the game was clogging our clearance racks for $5 a pop. :p

belgurdo

Banned
Wario64 said:
Is the game really that good? I never did play Disgaea so I don't know what to expect. Are there long cutscenes and crap? Good story? What about the battles?

Better battles and story than Disgaea but not as flexible

Bog

Junior Ace
Matlock said:
Poorly designed distribution, assumption that it would sell on the coattails of the previous title, you know...a lot of stuff you could just curry up to YMMV.

Dude...

B'z-chan

Banned
Anyone else interested in me getting a copy if i can for them at Target? Cause i'm gonna be leaving in less than 2 hours to go get them (that is if they are still available) If you are please pm me. As i'm more than happy to get them for those of gaf. And i'm sure if i got them today i could ship them as early as today.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
BTW, how many copies did this game sell? It was released in May, right? I didn't see it in the NPD report though

spangler

There were 3 copies at the Target here in Gainesville, FL. I bought two of them. They were still marked 49.99 but scanned at the sweet, sweet rate of 19.99. I was also surprised to see that they were selling Harvest Moon for Gamecube for 26.99.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Barnimal said:
is this game rare? the only reason i'd buy it is to sell but there are 100 copies on ebay right now.

It'll probably be rare like Disgaea. Which is why I want to know how well it did, sales wise

MoxManiac

I thought about checking my Target, but decided I don't want this game. :/ I think Disgaea and maybe Phantom Brave is enough nippon SRPG for me.

B'z-chan

Banned
Checked out Fresno Targets today and they have been wipped of all stock on floor. There is more stock in warehouses and should be arriving a few days. It seems that they really screwed this one up.

You rock, Wario. I was worried I wouldn't be able to get a copy if I didn't grab it while it was 50 (like what happened with Disgaea). Just picked mine up at the Target in Victorville, CA. If anyone cares, there are about 4 more copies left there.

B'z-chan

Banned
Got one copy at a target. I didnt have any more money to get more. But the stock in fresno is back on up at least to 20 copies. So anyone that said they wanted it and pmed me. I can get you guys a copy if your still interested.

Its too bad they dont have Disgea

B'z-chan

Banned
Hero said:
If anyone can pick me up an extra copy I'll pay for it. Actually, make it two.

I can get two for you. But like i said i dont got any money on me right now. I could most deffinatly pick you up two if i had the money though. I'm sure someone else from gaf could hook you up though.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
I was just at Target yesterday and no La Pucelle Tactics in stock :(
Although I did see one copy of Sword of Mana in the clearance rack for like $9 IIRC

Shouta

Yes, it's a good game. Battles and Story are better than Disgaea but you don't get the flexibility in character customization. Dark Portals are a better in game covnention than Geopanels however.

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
With this thread bumped, I figured now would be a good time to say that I have a copy I bought for a friend (who later found his own copy), that I haven't returned and would be willing to sell for around $25, to cover shipping and taxes. PM if interested!

demi

Kinda late, but if anyone happens to score an extra copy, I'll be glad to send a cool crisp $25 money order your way (no paypal.. :(). Please and thank you!

Top Bottom